AMD to nVidia : prove it, donít just say it! - Page 2
Menu

digit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AMD to nVidia : prove it, donít just say it!

I am the night...I am... vickybat's Avatar

Default Re: AMD to nVidia : prove it, donít just say it!

^^ Agreed buddy. 100% correct. Btw tkin check the crysis2 review i posted in that thread. 590 beats the 6990 out of the water even in a multimonitor setup.

The tested the retail copy with extreme settings at fullhd and 5760x1080p in triple monitor setup.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Core i5 750, biostar h55 A+ (X16+X4), 4gb 1333 ddr3, corsair vx450, cm elite 335,Asus EAH 5750 FORMULA , samsung 2033 sw plus, wd green 1tb , wd 1tb my book ,Seagate freeagent ext hdd 1tb , hp dvd writer,Apc 650 va, logitech z313 , Micromax Funbook , Klipsch image S3 (IEM).

Human Spambot

Hmm..so HD 6990 is better card than GTX 590???
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    AMD FX6300, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Sapphire HD6770, Gigabyte 78LMTUSB3, NZXT Gamma, Logitech G300

^^no. continue in that gtx 590 thread in graphic card section. http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/grap...cussion-2.html

vicky lol they are testing without any sort of aa and with premature amd drivers(they still mention flickering)

now shall i mention something here about new dragon age2? nvidia is still to improve performance in that.

check the same review you posted. the next page. they mention nvidia has same issue of drivers with dragon age2 as amd with crysis2. that is immature drivers.
    Last edited by Jaskanwar Singh; 28-03-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Steam ID - HD6950, Origin - Jas9009, UPlay - Jas808

Quote Originally Posted by tkin View Post
    Theres nothing to compare to, nVidia's drivers are light years ahead of amds, I'd rather go with 10% less performance than buy another ati gpu.

where the eff is 1920x1080?? Been over a year now. I can't even force it.

yup, I know how irritating that 99% load bug with ATi cards is. But this thing is equally irritating for me. I think 10.10e with Avivo disabled fixes that 99% load bug.

Quote Originally Posted by vickybat View Post
    ^^ Agreed buddy. 100% correct. Btw tkin check the crysis2 review i posted in that thread. 590 beats the 6990 out of the water even in a multimonitor setup.

The tested the retail copy with extreme settings at fullhd and 5760x1080p in triple monitor setup.
    I'd consider a game like Battlefield: BF2 a better way to compare instead of a TWIMTBP game.

^^ I would wait for battlefield 3 in that case. In fact its also good in bulletstorm and thats based on unreal engine.

Even the original crysis was a TWIMTBP title and was unbiased. So is crysis 2. Lets wait some more proper reviews with fixed drivers to pass the verdict. But i have a feeling that its going to favour fermi's tlp architecture here. Newer games should but its still early to comment.

In fact 590 performs better in battlefield 2 in the waterfall bench at high resolution. It falls just short in the chase bench.

But waterfall bench has much more to render than the chase bench and is more taxing. Saying this from personal experience.
    Last edited by vickybat; 28-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Core i5 750, biostar h55 A+ (X16+X4), 4gb 1333 ddr3, corsair vx450, cm elite 335,Asus EAH 5750 FORMULA , samsung 2033 sw plus, wd green 1tb , wd 1tb my book ,Seagate freeagent ext hdd 1tb , hp dvd writer,Apc 650 va, logitech z313 , Micromax Funbook , Klipsch image S3 (IEM).

Most of the arguments which I've seen from people in these fanboy threads is pure FUD without backing things with facts. Just use some articulate language with heavy terms which people themselves don't know about, and people think they really know stuff. Worthless fights. And then use of semi-cooked games for comparing benchmarks. Lastly random bolded text which almost translates to shouting.

And personally speaking, I'm tired of cleaning up posts.

Here's the best conclusion: Equilibrium: AMD Radeon HD 6990 vs. Nvidia GeForce GTX 590. Page 11 - X-bit labs

Lastly it was good to see nVidia coming back with GTX 500 series. There had been too much AMD/ATi pwnage with HD 4000 and HD 5000 in the last 3 years. Expecting the same from Bulldozer.

^^ Actually if you are pointing me, then you'd see that i had backed down from that thread. Clearly it was leading nowhere and was foolish of me nagging the same things again and again.

What articulate language did i exactly use which i don't know myself? Can you please point it out?

Can you point out the games you consider semi-cooked?

About that conclusion of yours, i had already posted the xbit link in the gtx 590 thread in my second last post there. But it fell on blind eyes and nobody paid heed to any of it. Check my post HERE.

So its better to back of. My posts were neither fanboyish nor they appeared to be shouting at anybody. My fonts and sizes were normal but can't say about other posters. I was absolutely neutral.
    Last edited by vickybat; 29-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.

I'm not pointing at anyone. Rather everyone.

Two people got warned in that thread. You weren't one of them.

'GTX 590 responding better to higher clocks' was fanboyish. To overclock further more than a limit, you have to slightly overvolt. And when you overvolt GTX 590, it is going poof for many people. Cheap VRM? The reference cooler is crap.

ok guys i've been reading this thread and the other one too since days
    and to be honest its leading nowhere
    Do you really know whats happening here?

guy 1:hey check it out..these are the benchmarks from xyz site.....man,fd xxxx is beating shiit out of ftx xxx

guy 2:^^well not really....you see the difference is too small in that benchmark ....here look at this link: abc.com
    this is some serious stuff

guy 3:yes i agree with that^^.ftx xyz is winning all the way....its because mainly because of its banana technology
    they have implied it very nicely....fd xxxx has no chance against banana technology

guy 4:Oh really...because i'm not buying that
    see FD xxxx already has a far superior technology -that is mango technology
    look at those benchmarks from kela.com
    they have clearly mentioned that mango technology has edge over banana technology

guy 3:who wants mango technology when their graphic cards have serious driver issues

guy 1:but those issues can be fixed with latest updates and patches from here : mangojuice.com
    meanwhile look at these benchmarks....one more proof of fd xxxx winning easily

guy 2:^^thats because of the game is developed to perform on these cards
    guess what ...see the benchmarks of this game and reply then

guy 1:i dont trust that site.they dont do good benchmarking....check this site for the same game that you mentioned and see the difference..source : bheja fry.com

guy 2:thats noobish
    even i can say that i dont trust the site which you gave
    see when you saw the results in which ftx xxx beating fd xxxx you changed the subject ...so do me a favour dont put any links of crappy sites

guy 1:who are you to tell me what to post and what not to....you are just spoiling the decorum of the forum

guy 2why i'm even talking to you noob

guy 1:whatever jerk
    Steam Id- Alien007
    Gamertag - White Fang

@ ico

Okay. But i was speaking more of a general fact than the 590. See fermi architecture responds relatively more to clock speeds afaik. Thats because parralelism in the thread level increases when clock speed is increased which directly effects the throughput. Simply put , more no. of threads gets processed faster when speeds increase{ in layman's terms.)

But in ilp, similar instruction sets are waited for a thread to be processed ( due to the dependancies )and bumping speeds though gets a performance increase not in the level of a tlp architecture. So its kind of a general rule. I meant this. But there are lot of other aspects involved too. Ilp is not completely booged down and tlp does not have an outright advantage.

About overvolting, yeah its an issue with the current forceware drivers and indeed 590's go poof when overvolting beyond 1.000v. Expect this to get fixed though.

What say buddy?