Computer behaving odd with issues
Menu

digit

 

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Computer behaving odd with issues

  1. #1
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Computer behaving odd with issues

    In the past few days I observe that my computer is behaving weird. Whenever I navigate in Windows Explorer I seem to find the folder name as junk characters. Also whenever I try to access some files on the HDD it takes long time to open. Once it restarted as well.
    Yesterday when I was trying to restart a torrent the computer restarted by itself. Now when I check all the torrent files are missing. This is kind of weird.

    Could there be any problem with Virus or anything. I scanned my PC using Avast but I didnt find anything.

  2. #2
    DIY FTW! harshilsharma63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Jodhpur
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Post your complete config and the OS. Install "crystal disk info" and post the "relocated sector cont" value. Also, the check HDD sata (both power and data) cables.

    Post your complete config and the OS. Install "crystal disk info" and post the "relocated sector cont" value. Also, the check HDD sata (both power and data) cables.
    Intel i3 2100 3.1GHz | EVM 2x2 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz | Intel DH61WW | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Corsair CX430v2 | Zebronics Oval | LG E2242C 22" FHD | Logitech MK200 | Seagate Extension 500 GB portable HDD | APC RS-600 UPS | Phillips SHP 2000 | Phillips SHE 3590PP | Nokia X2-00

    There is only one success - self satisfaction.

  3. #3
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Operating System is dual Windows 7 and Windows XP.


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    Two new problems started now
    1. All of sudden browser is getting closed and the wallpaper is being removed from what was set
    2. Some search page called All us is coming even if I change it to blank.

  4. #4
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Hello, harshilsharma63 was right on the dot when he asked you to post the crystal diskinfo - your drive showing "C: D: E:" has a caution - meaning it has probably got some bad sectors, or other issues. Run crystal diskinfo again, click on the part showing "caution: 41*C C: D: E:" and post a screenshot if possible - it will show the actual info. (ur current screen shows info of drives L: & M: only).

    I would strongly recommend you to back up all your data/files on your drives C:, D: & E: as soon as possible since drives once they develop faults can fail at any time. Better safe than sorry

  5. #5
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Yesterday night all of sudden I got a BSOD.
    BSOD Kernel_stack_inpage_Error
    Also after installing Crystal I got start.search set as my home page which is not going.

    I have around 3-4 HDD's. Three SATA and one IDE. Curently I have only one connected and removed the others. Things look ok except for the home page going to http://start.search.us.com/v/2/?guid={C4AB7BDC-DA70-4F51-B6BC-233DE837AF4E}&serpv=5

  6. #6
    Alpha Geek
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Troubleshooting "Stop 0x00000077" or "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

    The article points out that it may be a virus. Download & install trial versions of either ESET NOD32 Antivirus or Norton Anti-Virus 2013 & run all types of scans.
    --- iPhone 4 || Sony Xperia E Dual || Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    --- Nexus 7
    ---Intel Pentium G2010 || 4GB RAM || 500 GB WD || Asus NVIDIA Geforce 210 1GB || Philips 19" || ASRock Mobo || Samsung DVD-RW || iBall Cabinet || Origin ID: theterminator645 || Toshiba Canvio Basic 500GB || Corsair CX430

  7. #7
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by theterminator View Post
    Troubleshooting "Stop 0x00000077" or "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

    The article points out that it may be a virus. Download & install trial versions of either ESET NOD32 Antivirus or Norton Anti-Virus 2013 & run all types of scans.
    I currently have Avast. Should I uninstall it before installing this?

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this start.search.us.com from being set as home page?

  8. #8
    Alpha Geek
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ajayritik View Post
    I currently have Avast. Should I uninstall it before installing this?

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this start.search.us.com from being set as home page?
    Yes. You must first uninstall Avast as two anti-viruses cannot co-exist in the same operating system.
    See if something of that type (start.search.us.com) is listed in Control Panel-->>Programs-->>Programs And Features window. If it's there, uninstall it. If not, tell us which browser you're using.
    --- iPhone 4 || Sony Xperia E Dual || Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    --- Nexus 7
    ---Intel Pentium G2010 || 4GB RAM || 500 GB WD || Asus NVIDIA Geforce 210 1GB || Philips 19" || ASRock Mobo || Samsung DVD-RW || iBall Cabinet || Origin ID: theterminator645 || Toshiba Canvio Basic 500GB || Corsair CX430

  9. #9
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by theterminator View Post
    Yes. You must first uninstall Avast as two anti-viruses cannot co-exist in the same operating system.
    See if something of that type (start.search.us.com) is listed in Control Panel-->>Programs-->>Programs And Features window. If it's there, uninstall it. If not, tell us which browser you're using.
    I have used the steps given in the link Remove Search.us.com Toolbar (Uninstall Guide)
    but still the problem persists.

  10. #10
    Moving dashing.sujay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    5,069

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Which browser are you using?
    And I personally doubt it's a case of virus. Try ESET.
    Rules !!

    DropBox: Get .5GB free

    Spoiler:

    Vaio CB35
    Prized possession
    Asus U32U ATH M20 Asus RT-N13U B1 Razer DA Young Duos

    Vaio CB35 Review

    How fast can you type?

    Quote Originally Posted by axes2t2
    Before working on a master piece you have to first master the pieces.

  11. #11
    Computer Addict meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    526

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Do a clean install, as doubted above it could be a virus.

  12. #12
    Alpha Geek
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ajayritik View Post
    I have used the steps given in the link Remove Search.us.com Toolbar (Uninstall Guide)
    but still the problem persists.
    That article explains everything what is needed. If you have followed all the steps mentioned then the problem must go. Download & Install above recommended anti-viruses & run scans now.
    --- iPhone 4 || Sony Xperia E Dual || Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    --- Nexus 7
    ---Intel Pentium G2010 || 4GB RAM || 500 GB WD || Asus NVIDIA Geforce 210 1GB || Philips 19" || ASRock Mobo || Samsung DVD-RW || iBall Cabinet || Origin ID: theterminator645 || Toshiba Canvio Basic 500GB || Corsair CX430

  13. #13
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by dashing.sujay View Post
    Which browser are you using?
    And I personally doubt it's a case of virus. Try ESET.
    Mozilla. But the problem happens in IE and Chrome as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by meetdilip View Post
    Do a clean install, as doubted above it could be a virus.
    Clean install of AV you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by theterminator View Post
    That article explains everything what is needed. If you have followed all the steps mentioned then the problem must go. Download & Install above recommended anti-viruses & run scans now.
    Yes as suggested by you I have gone ahead and uninstalled Avast and have installed Norton trial period. I need to do Live Update and do system scan once.

    One thing I wanted to check with you all folks does having 4-5 HDD's running all at one go create any issues. Especially during summer.

  14. #14
    Human Spambot
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Soul Society
    Posts
    8,168

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ajayritik View Post
    One thing I wanted to check with you all folks does having 4-5 HDD's running all at one go create any issues. Especially during summer.
    Nope.
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    God helps those who help others

  15. #15
    Moving dashing.sujay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    5,069

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ajayritik View Post
    Mozilla. But the problem happens in IE and Chrome as well.
    First make sure you remove the installed "culprit" ad-on, then only you will be able to change the settings.

    Clean install of AV you mean?
    Fresh install of OS.
    Rules !!

    DropBox: Get .5GB free

    Spoiler:

    Vaio CB35
    Prized possession
    Asus U32U ATH M20 Asus RT-N13U B1 Razer DA Young Duos

    Vaio CB35 Review

    How fast can you type?

    Quote Originally Posted by axes2t2
    Before working on a master piece you have to first master the pieces.

  16. #16
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Got Live Update done for Norton and did a full system scan. Found some trojan etc but the problem still persists with the browser redirecting to the said page.

  17. #17
    Moving dashing.sujay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    5,069

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    ^Did you followed my last post?
    Rules !!

    DropBox: Get .5GB free

    Spoiler:

    Vaio CB35
    Prized possession
    Asus U32U ATH M20 Asus RT-N13U B1 Razer DA Young Duos

    Vaio CB35 Review

    How fast can you type?

    Quote Originally Posted by axes2t2
    Before working on a master piece you have to first master the pieces.

  18. #18
    Human Spambot ajayritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    2,098

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Will have a fresh install done of the OS. Need advice on the below two questions.
    1. Which AV should I install should I go for Firewall as well? Stick with avast?
    2. Is having 4-5 HDD's connected all at same time good or not?

  19. #19
    Alpha Geek
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roorkee
    Posts
    748

    Default Re: Computer behaving odd with issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ajayritik View Post
    Will have a fresh install done of the OS. Need advice on the below two questions.
    1. Which AV should I install should I go for Firewall as well? Stick with avast?
    2. Is having 4-5 HDD's connected all at same time good or not?
    1. Avast is good enough.
    2. If your PSU has the strength to power it, then what's wrong with having any number of HDDs.
    After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •