Is my pc infected? - Page 2
Menu

digit

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is my pc infected?

Default Re: Is my pc infected?

Quote Originally Posted by Shashank Joshi View Post
    Norton Power Eraser is an online virus remover and is only 2-3 Mb in size.. Free and very effective.. But it would remove all the patches and cracks as well so be careful when you press "OK" on the remove permanently message..
    Like I said I don't use any Norton Products. Had a bad experience in past and I don't want to. The alternatives are more than enough for me.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    In war, Victory. In peace, Vigilance. In death, Sacrifice.

SteamID, Origin ID, Raptr, FB, Desura, XFire, Rockstar Social Club - Gameranand
    UbiPlay - Anandgamer

Quote Originally Posted by gameranand View Post
    Like I said I don't use any Norton Products. Had a bad experience in past and I don't want to. The alternatives are more than enough for me.
    Okay, thought you dint use them because of the size of the updates and tendency to slow down system start-up..
    If i could actually 'Speak My Mind!!', i would be in deep ****..

Exactly. Very small updates, same thing with Avira also. Hardly some MB size.
    to avira. Automatically updates itself even when using GPRS connection. (not even EDGE!!!)

probably incompatibilty.. install the thing again..

and KIS is fine. one of the best out there. very small RAM footprint and small updates, max3 MB.
    the_pwnzerschrek: Core i5-2400, Asus P8H67M-LE, 2x2GB Kingston 1333MHz, MSI R7770, Logitech G500, CX430v2, Seagate 1TB, Dell IN2030M, NZXT Gamma, APC350W, Win7 x64
    Audio: Signature Acoustics C-12, Sansa ClipZip[rockbox], Sonodyne SiA 320 + Sonus 2605 v3 :pray:
    Photography: Canon 1000D, Canon 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm, DigiTek DFL002 Speedlite
    PSN: anirbandd =:::= Micromax A63 =:::= Flickr: goo.gl/q0pNq

Okay, thought you dint use them because of the size of the updates and tendency to slow down system start-up..
    You see, I have used a hell lot of security softwares and finally got my comfort zone. I won't change it unless I really need to or some miraculous feature is available on some other software free.

UbiPlay - Anandgamer

You see, I have used a hell lot of security softwares and finally got my comfort zone. I won't change it unless I really need to or some miraculous feature is available on some other software free.
    Which one are you using at the moment?? I'm currently stuck at Norton Internet Security 2012+Microsoft Security Essential..
    If i could actually 'Speak My Mind!!', i would be in deep ****..

Which one are you using at the moment?? I'm currently stuck at Norton Internet Security 2012+Microsoft Security Essential..
    One prayer to follow throughout life, avast avast avast, has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    Project Halcyon V3 - 2600k, Z68Vpro, R9280X , 2x4GB DDR3, G105, Hyperion Fury
    Project Odeon V2 - Dell 15R N5520- i3 3110M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, HD 7670M
    Accessories - LG G2, Panasonic FZ150, Koss PortaPro, HD180, Netgear JNR1010

Currently Avira AV+Comodo Firewall+MLBT.
    Though I also liked Avast AV+Comodo Firewall+MLBT.

Both the combos are real good. With Avast you won't get those annoying messages to upgrade which are there with Avira. I am also thinking about switching to Avast.

UbiPlay - Anandgamer

Currently Avira AV+Comodo Firewall+MLBT.
    Though I also liked Avast AV+Comodo Firewall+MLBT.

Both the combos are real good. With Avast you won't get those annoying messages to upgrade which are there with Avira. I am also thinking about switching to Avast.
    Try it once, avast is fire and forget, its been so long since I had last saw the main window, let alone nags.
    Project Halcyon V3 - 2600k, Z68Vpro, R9280X , 2x4GB DDR3, G105, Hyperion Fury
    Project Odeon V2 - Dell 15R N5520- i3 3110M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, HD 7670M
    Accessories - LG G2, Panasonic FZ150, Koss PortaPro, HD180, Netgear JNR1010

How about AVG antivirus 2013 free edition?How does it fare in malware detection and removal as compared to other popular security suites like Avast/avira etc?

I had been using avast 7 for the last couple of months but was compelled to switch to avg recently as the former caused my pc to hang whenever it performed any program update and so I became really frustrated with it-has anyone else experienced the same issue with avast av free edition?
    Last edited by quicky008; 01-02-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” - Oscar Wilde