Far Cry 3 - My Views
Menu

digit

Thread: Far Cry 3 - My Views

Excessive happiness furious_gamer's Avatar

Default Far Cry 3 - My Views

The moment i heard about Far Cry 3 release, i was so curious to play and after seeing a lot of good reviews all over the net, i am pretty much become a zombie and got the game (Don't ask me from where i got the game )

Story (4.5/5)

Seriously, I played FC 1 & 2, and this the best story ever. Although story looks like old, the plot of saving your friends is really driving the game's action to next level. Can't write much about story as it spoils the fun for those who didn't played the game.

Spoiler:
    All the characters in the game adds value to story, and no one is just filling up the slot. Really, Vaas and Hoyt is so crazy man

Gameplay (4.5/5)

This game bring us the best open-world experience, but in different style. Yes, from hunting to crafting, selling and buying things, getting new weapons from store, every aspect of the game makes the gameplay more fun and exciting. I never would have thought about killing a pig so i can make a ammo carrying bag with that. Also, the gameplay varies from level to level. One moment, you are killing guards and next you will be running around in your dream and woke up to see, that you have reached your destination . Also, the trend of the gameplay is quite odd, but good. Yes, finding treasure and helping CIA and suddenly, start shooting some gunmen's. The thing that i like most about killing a guard, it looting. And finally, you will get a good ~30 hours of gameplay, which is good enough time for a game like this.

Spoiler:
    Weapon system, is far more advanced compared to FC 1 & 2. This time, inventory is filled with some advanced and old weapons, and additions like Bow & Arrow is nice touch. (Using it mostly for stealth attack and hunting ).

Also we get weapons for free, by de-activating all radio towers, so literally spend some time, and get weapons for no cost.

Graphics(4.5/5)

Needless to say, i never expected this game to run at my rig in medium settings, and to my wonder, it was pretty awesome. Most of the time, i thought of roaming around jungle and enjoy the nature. Even while in middle of mission, i remember i took snaps of awesome landscape and died because of that. They did a great job in optimizing the game ti run in rigs like mine.

Sound(3.5/10)

The only downside of this game is sound. On some peppy mission, the soundtrack is good, but in most of the places it is not what we expect. I don't want to hear Justin Bieber song while i am happy, and that is what happening in this game, and to be frank, in some missions, i got frustrated, because the sound track is too lame.

Overall, if you ask me, Is it worth wasting your time, i will say, Damn Yes! Doubtfully, the best game i played in this year. I would never play a game for straight 8 hours until i like, and i do play this one for straight 8 hours.
    Last edited by furious_gamer; 15-12-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Specs : E7400 | 4GB | HD4670 | AOC T2442we | Farassoo FMS 2.1 | Nexus 5 32GB Black | Pantech Burst Black running CM10.1 | XBox 360 20 GB
    Steam ID :http://steamcommunity.com/id/furious_gamer

Steam High Templar CommanderShawnzer's Avatar

Default Re: Far Cry 3 - My Views

Don't ask me from where i got the game
    no one will
    and in some other thread someone said
    Those days are gone. Now it purchasing games phase....

some p... never change
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    coming to the review
    is'nt this a bit short for a review, and upload some screenies please
    Bye till May

^^ Will upload screenies later and FYI, this is not an review. It's just my views...

BTW, about purchasing, you cannot judge a book by its one cover ...
    Specs : E7400 | 4GB | HD4670 | AOC T2442we | Farassoo FMS 2.1 | Nexus 5 32GB Black | Pantech Burst Black running CM10.1 | XBox 360 20 GB

Quote Originally Posted by furious_gamer View Post

Also we get weapons for free, by de-activating all radio towers, so literally spend some time, and get weapons for no cost.
    Well written.

Actually, you are not de-activating the Radio towers. You are activating them, so that dealer can do the business & that make you own few weapons for free & also the maps are available for viewing.

I too have a similar kind of experience. The gameplay is really awesome. Regarding missions, i feel its more about a proper strategic - stealth Killings, rather than heroic moves.

Rest everything is good, from graphics to AI.
    [IMG]http://cache.multiplayuk.com/b/1-2547442-560x95-3773-FF5519-FFFFFF.png[/IMG]

^^ Especially the stealth killing is awesome. Hunting part is another good addition.

Wise Old Owl

^^ Will upload screenies later and FYI, this is not an review. It's just my views...

BTW, about purchasing, you cannot judge a book by its one cover ...
    and u neither need to buy the book that u have already read free of cost
    i5 2500K @ stock (currently) | Biostar TZ68K+ | CM 212 Plus | Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB DDR3 1600 MHz | Corsair TX-650 PSU | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x | WD 1TB HDD + Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD + Corsair Force 3 SSD | Cooler Master HAF 922 | Logitech G400 + Navi Edition Qck+ | Logitec G105 Key Board | Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 Channel Headphones |

Quote Originally Posted by rakesh_ic View Post
    and u neither need to buy the book that u have already read free of cost
    But sometimes, people buy the same book in order to support the Author or Publisher & also to keep a copy as souvenir.
    [IMG]http://cache.multiplayuk.com/b/1-2547442-560x95-3773-FF5519-FFFFFF.png[/IMG]

^^ You cannot change the mindset simply.

there is already a thread for Far Cry 3..

Any ways, the game is KICKASS..
    If i could actually 'Speak My Mind!!', i would be in deep ****..

Human Spambot

@furious: what about 18+ scenes? how many are there?
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    AMD FX6300, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Sapphire HD6770, Gigabyte 78LMTUSB3, NZXT Gamma

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    2 scenes.

Human Spambot

Quote Originally Posted by d3p View Post
    2 scenes.
    Alright then I'll keep my headphones handy for those moment
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB

I was playing in living room where my wife is watching TV suddenly this cut scene pops out, but thank god she was not there at the moment and talking to her friends on phone. Otherwise it would have an awkward moment for me.

I was playing in living room where my wife is watching TV suddenly this cut scene pops out, but thank god she was not there at the moment and talking to her friends on phone. Otherwise it would have an awkward moment for me.
    Would she become 'furious' if she catches you like that? Just asking
    Project Halcyon V3 - 2600k, Z68Vpro, R9280X , 2x4GB DDR3, G105, Deathadder
    Project Odeon V2 - Dell 15R N5520- i3 3110M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, HD 7670M
    Accessories - LG G2, Panasonic FZ150, Koss PortaPro, HD180, Netgear JNR1010

^^
    This is like watching anime p0rn, so of course she would be furious...

i remember only one scene with Citra.. Which was the second scene?? I'm on Hoyst island, so dont tell if it is still to come..

Quote Originally Posted by Shashank Joshi View Post
    i remember only one scene with Citra.. Which was the second scene?? I'm on Hoyst island, so dont tell if it is still to come..
    Kill Hoyt & when meeting Citra, wisely choice your Option. Since the game has two different endings, anything can happen next. So be careful & make sure, no one's near by while you are about to end the drama.

Human Spambot

^^atleast Ubisoft has given the option of SKIP option or not?

^^atleast Ubisoft has given the option of SKIP option or not?
    the worst option, you can't skip the cut scenes. you have to see.

^^
    Yep, somehow devs forgot that option i guess....

just close he lid of the laptop or if you using a p.c turn off the monitor..