How to connect Tata Sky + with my pc?
Menu

digit

Thread: How to connect Tata Sky + with my pc?

Right off the assembly line

Default How to connect Tata Sky + with my pc?

Hii,
    i have a tata sky +. it gives an output of dvi. i have a 22 inch LG LED monitor which supports dvi/hdmi input.
    now the problem is that i cant find any compatible tv tuner or PCI express card to watch both TV and computer at the same time.
    Please suggest me an external/internal tvtuner so that i can do the both.
    Advance thanks.

Human Spambot

Default Re: How to connect Tata Sky + with my pc?

there are many brands of external TV Tuner available.
    such as Pinnacle,iBall,Intex,Enter,TechCom,PixelView
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    God helps those who help others
    need suggestions: http://www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/187009-need-config-upgrade-advice.html

Quote Originally Posted by rondadevil View Post
    Hii,
    i have a tata sky +. it gives an output of dvi. i have a 22 inch LG LED monitor which supports dvi/hdmi input.
    now the problem is that i cant find any compatible tv tuner or PCI express card to watch both TV and computer at the same time.
    Please suggest me an external/internal tvtuner so that i can do the both.
    Advance thanks.
    what you need:

1. External TV Tuner that can take RCA input (audio and video) and VGA/DVI/HDMI out and 3.5mm audio out.
    2. DVI to VGA converter (if the card only has VGA or S-Video out)
    3. RCA Connector like http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ite-cables.jpg.

you should be able to figure out connections once you get these.

Btw, if your tata sky+ STB has DVI output, why not connect it to monitor directly and then use RCA to 3.5mm converter to connect your speakers? And if both your STB and monitor has HDMI ports, it is even easier.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 running cm10.1 nightly, Samsung Omnia W, Thinkpad T430 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD, 14" 1600x900,9cell battery). Desktop: AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE, 4GB DDR2, 1TB HDD, 2600XT, 19" LCD

Alpha Geek

if he has then he wont even posted . As said you need a tv tuner card to connect to monitor. As monitor main difference when compared to pc is this.

No support for tunner.

Quote Originally Posted by macho84 View Post
    if he has then he wont even posted . As said you need a tv tuner card to connect to monitor. As monitor main difference when compared to pc is this.

No support for tunner.
    can you please explain in english. Not able to understand what you are trying to say.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 running cm10.1 nightly, Samsung Omnia W, Thinkpad T430 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD, 14" 1600x900,9cell battery). Desktop: AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE, 4GB DDR2, 1TB HDD, 2600XT, 19" LCD

Human Spambot

Quote Originally Posted by desiibond View Post
    can you please explain in english.
    Its in english but words r messed up..so not understandable...

@macho84: how can u compare monitor with PC...coz we use monitor only with PC..
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    God helps those who help others
    need suggestions: http://www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/187009-need-config-upgrade-advice.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    Its in english but words r messed up..so not understandable...

@macho84: how can u compare monitor with PC...coz we use monitor only with PC..
    lol, his definition of PC is wrong.
    [B][U]Inactive in TDF.[/U][/B]

Get this card very good when compared to cheap intex/techcomm cards tons of features & its a PCIE i am personally using it

AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Media Player, IPTV and Multimedia Products - AVerTV Speedy PCI-E
    [B][I]Corei3-530@4.5,MSI P55-GD65,Gskill 4G,Coolit ALC,Tagan 500W,XFX 6850@1000/1200,MX 518,Razer Abyssus,Avermedia Pcie TV,Audigy,VS3251,Transcend MP330 8Gb, PL11, PMX 60,PSP 3000 , Galaxy 551,Nokia C1-02.[/I][/B]

Simply a DIGITian krishnandu.sarkar's Avatar

BTW one thing I want to confirm, can we change channels?? I mean I want to view one channel on TV and other Channel on PC. Is this possible?? I couldn't find any way out for this thing.
    • Read The Forum RULES First.
    • Before PM'ing Or Asking Any Questions To Any Mod Read The FAQ's
    • Before Starting A New Thread Read The STICKY THREADS First
    • Before Participating In Bazaar Section Read The BAZAAR RULES

Quote Originally Posted by krishnandu.sarkar View Post
    BTW one thing I want to confirm, can we change channels?? I mean I want to view one channel on TV and other Channel on PC. Is this possible?? I couldn't find any way out for this thing.
    I Don't Think u can !
    Help me Find My TV

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tvs-monitors/181405-46-3d-tv-150k-gaming.html

^ i think there is no possible way for that other than to get a parallel connection
    [B][I]Corei3-530@4.5,MSI P55-GD65,Gskill 4G,Coolit ALC,Tagan 500W,XFX 6850@1000/1200,MX 518,Razer Abyssus,Avermedia Pcie TV,Audigy,VS3251,Transcend MP330 8Gb, PL11, PMX 60,PSP 3000 , Galaxy 551,Nokia C1-02.[/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by krishnandu.sarkar View Post
    No. That died with the good old cable system.
    [CENTER][URL="http://goo.gl/D2Cb3"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]™[/URL][SPOILER][URL="http://goo.gl/35yYT"]◊ Online Shopping guide[/URL] ◊ [URL="http://goo.gl/3hyiq"][B]PS3™ master guide[/B][/URL] ◊ [URL="http://goo.gl/K4qhr"]PS3™ vs PC ◊[/URL]
    [I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Gaming[/FONT]:[/I]♦ PS3 ♣ [URL="http://goo.gl/RvcEN"]i5|HD6970 :hyper:Gaming RIG [/URL] | [URL="goo.gl/G4RJB"]Dell U2311H review[/URL] ♠ :apple: iΡod & iPhone 4 ♥ [URL="http://goo.gl/TIL4i"]Xperia™ Arc review[/URL]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][I]Audio gear:[/I] [/FONT][URL="goo.gl/oEEVv"]Logitech Z623[/URL] | [URL="http://goo.gl/Ju1Bu"]Klipsch X10 :wub: [/URL] | Siberia V1 | M1 | M2 | CX180[/CENTER][/SPOILER]

one liner:
    why the hell do you need a tv tuner...
    [CENTER]Core i3 530 @ 2.93Ghz | Kingston 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3 1333MHz | Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H | Acer S231HL 23" LED Monitor | Nvidia GTS 450 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | FSP Saga II 350w | CM Elite 310 | | Philips HTS 5.1 SP100
    | Zotac GTS 450 |X360 Gamepad |[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [B]Dell XCD35[/B] powered by CM9, Soundmagic PL11 earphones, Samsung class 6 16GB[/CENTER]

[QUOTE][CENTER] [URL="http://www.imdb.com/list/tTSgjq3QqBk"] [B][U]TV Shows [/U][/B] [/URL] / [URL="http://www.imdb.com/user/ur22157777/watchlist"] [B][U]Movies[/U][/B][/URL] .....I have watched....[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Right Off the Assembly Line

Tata sky plus connects to My HD tv through a HDMI cable,,,,my laptop has an HDMI port...cant i connect tata sky plus directly to the laptop without tv tuner because i want to use my laptop as external display...and meanwhile record the tv using some software like Windows Media Centre....any help guys?

Laptop/PC Supports Visual Output Only(in absence of PCI Media Input Cards).

Monitors and TV are Output Device.They only support input from HDMI,DVI,VGA etc.

STB is a Output Device.It sends Data to TV/Monitor.Collects Input from Satellite.

There are only two ways possible under any Condition.
    -Either Connect STB to Display Directly.
    -Connect Laptop/PC to Display Directly.

Connect STB To Laptop/PC using a External TV Tuner via RCA or any other Connection if available.And then Connect PC/Laptop to Display.

Dont mess up connecting non-input device to an input connection and a non-output device to a Output Connection.
    [B]HCL ME[/B] | Intel i3 310M | 320 GB | 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz |

[B]HP ENVYM6 [/B]| Intel i5 3210M 2.5 GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz | AMD Radeon 7670M | 1TB

[B]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2[/B] |7.0 P31000

Quote Originally Posted by Sujeet View Post
    Laptop/PC Supports Visual Output Only(in absence of PCI Media Input Cards).

Monitors and TV are Output Device.They only support input from HDMI,DVI,VGA etc.

STB is a Output Device.It sends Data to TV/Monitor.Collects Input from Satellite.

There are only two ways possible under any Condition.
    -Either Connect STB to Display Directly.
    -Connect Laptop/PC to Display Directly.

Connect STB To Laptop/PC using a External TV Tuner via RCA or any other Connection if available.And then Connect PC/Laptop to Display.

Dont mess up connecting non-input device to an input connection and a non-output device to a Output Connection.

But my STB has only HDMI output...through which it is currently connected to my HDTV.....ie through HDMI-to-HDMI cable....i want to use the same cable to connect it to my laptop instead, as it has an HDMI port too. Cant i directly plug that HDMI Cable into my laptop's HDMI port instead of my TV's HDMI port and enjoy channels. Is it possible?
    [I][B]
    HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx/Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz/AMD Radeon 6770M 2GB DDR5/ 4GB RAM[/B][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by NoBodyAtAll View Post
    But my STB has only HDMI output...through which it is currently connected to my HDTV.....ie through HDMI-to-HDMI cable....i want to use the same cable to connect it to my laptop instead, as it has an HDMI port too. Cant i directly plug that HDMI Cable into my laptop's HDMI port instead of my TV's HDMI port and enjoy channels. Is it possible?
    No.Not at all.

As i said Laptp's HDMI port is configured for HDMI-out Signals and STB's HDMI port too are Configured for HDMI-Out Signals.So that combo is not possible.

TV/Monitor's HDMI port are configured for HDMI-in so they will work independetly in these to combo:
    TV/Monitor-to-STB--via HDMI
    TV/Monitor-to-Laptop--via HDMI.

No other pairing possible in your case.

The connection is possible only b/w In-to-Out/Out-to-in-->both way it means same.
    [B]HCL ME[/B] | Intel i3 310M | 320 GB | 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz |

[B]HP ENVYM6 [/B]| Intel i5 3210M 2.5 GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz | AMD Radeon 7670M | 1TB

[B]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2[/B] |7.0 P31000

You need a capture card or Tuner for input of TATA Sky to your PC .
    here is solution..
    Avermedia C874 - connects to your TATA sky HD STB thru component cable and from PC on USB . you can watch you TV parallely by HDMI out of this box. Also this box has IR blaster which takes your TATA sky HD STB remote control to your PC and you can change channels.
    check out price at flipcart.com

If you want cheaper solution, you need to change channel by your TATA SKY STB remote.. you can have Avermedia H727 which has all the input option HDMI/Component/Composite/ Svideo/ Tuner and records in HD mode. Its internal PCI E .. you can even go for 3D one in this if you want to convert 2D to 3D Live TV ..

more cheaper .. go for USB one .. one side it is composite and other side RF input . now connect to your PC thru USB port.. and take your PC output to your TV thru your HDMI or DVI out option ..

Quote Originally Posted by v.Na5h View Post
    one liner:

Quote Originally Posted by v.Na5h View Post
    one liner:
    Good question. Why the hell would you need a TV Tuner Card? The Tata Sky STB has built in TV Tuner and it just sends the Audio/Video signal to the TV. Unlike regular cable, you will notice that its not possible to change or tune channels with your TV's remote when you use Tata Sky STB. What this means is that you can connect a regular PC LCD Monitor to Tata Sky's STB directly via HDMI cable and watch TV.

Right off the assembly line

Quote Originally Posted by nginx View Post
    Good question. Why the hell would you need a TV Tuner Card? The Tata Sky STB has built in TV Tuner and it just sends the Audio/Video signal to the TV. Unlike regular cable, you will notice that its not possible to change or tune channels with your TV's remote when you use Tata Sky STB. What this means is that you can connect a regular PC LCD Monitor to Tata Sky's STB directly via HDMI cable and watch TV.
    I have lenovo C200 an all in one tv. If I buy a USB TV Tuner I have to type password and have to windows log in. So, I want to watch tv on it without windows login as on normal CRT and LCD without support of os through VGA to tv tuner connection. Mine pc has USB port only and STB has HDMI and RGB. Need Help!!