1080p LED Monitor for 15k - Page 2
Menu

digit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1080p LED Monitor for 15k

Right Off the Assembly Line

Default Re: 1080p LED Monitor for 15k

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    If can take the demo, why should I ask here in the forum?
    Ha ha ha, you sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilus View Post
    Don't laugh that much, it won't help. All the advantages you are talking about is only valid if and only if the Monitor does have integrated Audio or speaker. The only differece between HDMI and DVI is that the 1st one can carry both audio and Video signal where DVI can only carry Video signal. The quality of image is exactly same for both.

And regarding HD DTH and Tablet/Smart Phone mini-HDMI output, a 100 bucks HDMI to DVI converter socket will just do fine.
    I will second that.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Dell Ultrasharp U2412M, Intel i5-3570k, MSI Z77A-G45, WD Caviar Black, GSkill RipjawsX 1600, Corsair TX650 V2UK, CM HAF912 Advanced

LOL, you don't know HDMI has lots of advantages. Like it supports to connect HD DTH and tablet/smartphone. Quality wise as per the TFT Central review Dell S2440L beats U2412M and U2312HM.
    Search before you make comments like this. I don't post unless I know. As Cilus said already there are practically no advantages, also even if you have inbuilt speakers then also you can opt for a second audio cable for audio and I am saying again, get the monitor which has better image quality. Rest is your choice as its your money after all.
    In war, Victory. In peace, Vigilance. In death, Sacrifice.

SteamID, Origin ID, Raptr, FB, Desura - Gameranand

about more than 4 times than of ultrasharp U2312HM (848:1). In specs they are 5000:1 and 1000:1 respectively. Even the blacks and colour accuracy is far better than it.
    4 Times more contrast then U2312HM... Hmmm.... What will happen to my eyes What exactly it means ? I have not gone through those reviews.
    I am not sure about the AMVA technology, but in a layman's understanding the contrast is increased by increasing the intensity of the backlight and that's how they make colors richer.
    afa black accuracy goes, U2312HM is doing excellent for me.
    There gotta be some reason why if the AMVA is better then IPS its selling for less and designers(including me) prefer an IPS panel.
    And if it infact is better then u series(ips) then we already have the winner
    Dell Ultrasharp U2412M, Intel i5-3570k, MSI Z77A-G45, WD Caviar Black, GSkill RipjawsX 1600, Corsair TX650 V2UK, CM HAF912 Advanced

Don't laugh that much, it won't help. All the advantages you are talking about is only valid if and only if the Monitor does have integrated Audio or speaker. The only differece between HDMI and DVI is that the 1st one can carry both audio and Video signal where DVI can only carry Video signal. The quality of image is exactly same for both.

And regarding HD DTH and Tablet/Smart Phone mini-HDMI output, a 100 bucks HDMI to DVI converter socket will just do fine.
    I am not laughing much, i was replying to gameranand becaused he LOL'd first.
    Dell S2440L has both HDMI and 3.5mm audio jack and I can rely on a 100 buck adapter. I don't believe the quality will match as of HDMI gold plated cable.

Quote Originally Posted by gameranand View Post
    Search before you make comments like this. I don't post unless I know. As Cilus said already there are practically no advantages, also even if you have inbuilt speakers then also you can opt for a second audio cable for audio and I am saying again, get the monitor which has better image quality. Rest is your choice as its your money after all.
    I have searched and know what I comment, okay! U2412M/U2312HM doesn't have HDMI or audio jack. I don't believe in the quality of some 100 bucks chinese converter. Also IPS is less performer in contrast, black levels and default colours accuracy. (as per TFT Review)
    I am here to know the monitor which has better image quality this is why i made this thread. It seems like no one has reviewed or seen S2440L that's why everyone is suggesting backward models of ultrasharp series.

Quote Originally Posted by AryaInk View Post
    Ha ha ha, you sure ?
    Listen man! I am asking to know from someone the practical review of the model S2440L and it's comparison with U2312HM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryaInk View Post
    4 Times more contrast then U2312HM... Hmmm.... What will happen to my eyes What exactly it means ? I have not gone through those reviews.
    I am not sure about the AMVA technology, but in a layman's understanding the contrast is increased by increasing the intensity of the backlight and that's how they make colors richer.
    afa black accuracy goes, U2312HM is doing excellent for me.
    There gotta be some reason why if the AMVA is better then IPS its selling for less and designers(including me) prefer an IPS panel.
    And if it infact is better then u series(ips) then we already have the winner
    Yea! after reading the reviews and benchmark scores. AMVA (S2440L) panel beats IPS (U2312HM) except in response time and luminescence. But I have to make sure how is it practically before the purchase online. The prices of IPS models may be less because it is used by professionals much.
    Last edited by rider; 20-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Google Nexus 4 16GB running 4.4 KitKat with noise isolated SoundMAGIC PL11
    Nikon D5100 DSLR with 18-55mm VR Kit Lens
    hp pavilion dv6-6165tx powered by Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz-3.0GHz | Radeon HD 6770M 2GB GDDR5 | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB WD Blue HDD | 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus | Edifier M3200 2.1 Surround Sound

Dell S2440L has both HDMI and 3.5mm audio jack and I can rely on a 100 buck adapter. I don't believe the quality will match as of HDMI gold plated cable.
    Again talking nonsense. If you don't like 100 bucks adapter, there are plenty of good DVI-HDMI cables are available around 350 to 450 bucks with gold plated HDMI connector. One side is HDMI and other side is DVI, I used to use of of those with my BenQ G2220HD display. Get the one which provides you better quality, HDMI or DVI does not matter if you don't want to use your Monitor for bit streaming Audio through HDMI
    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5 GHz|16 GB RipjawX 1873 MHz CL10 @ 1.6V|1+2TB Seagate + 1 TB WD Green 64MB Cache|Sabertooth 990FX|Sapphire HD 7950 VApor-X OC with Boost|GT 240 1 GB GDDR5 PhysX|CM690II Advanced|LG D2342P Cinema 3D Display|TX850 V2|2 CM 1600RPM FAN|MX518|Razer Goliathus|Razer Arctosa|Razer Megalodon 7.1 Headset|CM Hyper 212 Plus|APC1.1KVA| Moto Defy Plus with CM 10.1 JB 4.1|HCL Me Y2 Tab (rooted)] XOLO Q800 with Ultimate V2 JB 4.2.1| Galaxy Tab 2 P3100

Again talking nonsense. If you don't like 100 bucks adapter, there are plenty of good DVI-HDMI cables are available around 350 to 450 bucks with gold plated HDMI connector. One side is HDMI and other side is DVI, I used to use of of those with my BenQ G2220HD display. Get the one which provides you better quality, HDMI or DVI does not matter if you don't want to use your Monitor for bit streaming Audio through HDMI
    I am not talking nonsense. Why so furious bro?
    I don't know about these good quality expensive converters. But still these IPS monitors have no audio jack or in-built speakers so that I can connect them with speaker system when I use HDMI cable and connct through HDMI to DVI adapter. How will I get the audio when when i use HDMI? Thanks for the help. But what do you say about the image quality of U2412M/U2312HM (IPS) versus new Dell S24440L (AMVA)? Do you have idea?
    hp pavilion dv6-6165tx powered by Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz-3.0GHz | Radeon HD 6770M 2GB GDDR5 | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB WD Blue HDD | 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus | Edifier M3200 2.1 Surround Sound

I am not talking nonsense. Why so furious bro?
    I don't know about these good quality expensive converters. But still these IPS monitors have no audio jack or in-built speakers so that I can connect them with speaker system when I use HDMI cable and connct through HDMI to DVI adapter. How will I get the audio when when i use HDMI? Thanks for the help. But what do you say about the image quality of U2412M/U2312HM (IPS) versus new Dell S24440L (AMVA)? Do you have idea?
    What do exactly want to do with this Monitor ?? If you'll connect it with PC then there is no point in moaning that it doesn't have inbuilt speakers and headphone port as you can connect then with CPU. If you'll use it with DTH then again you can connect it using DVI or adapters and for speakers you can go for a 2K speakers which would be much much better than the inbuilt speakers.
    As for display quality I haven't used any of those monitors, however Sarath have used them and said that they are very good monitors as compared to other similar priced monitors.

What do exactly want to do with this Monitor ?? If you'll connect it with PC then there is no point in moaning that it doesn't have inbuilt speakers and headphone port as you can connect then with CPU. If you'll use it with DTH then again you can connect it using DVI or adapters and for speakers you can go for a 2K speakers which would be much much better than the inbuilt speakers.
    As for display quality I haven't used any of those monitors, however Sarath have used them and said that they are very good monitors as compared to other similar priced monitors.
    First of all mind you language, okay! You are not really helping here and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off! and play some violent video game to express your anger.

In search for Tech Gyan! CyberKID's Avatar

First of all mind you language, okay! You are not really helping here and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off! and play some violent video game to express your anger.
    Yes guys, please keep up the forum's decency.

The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I've experienced this in my AOC 2243FW2K monitor. Whnever I connect it to my laptop using the HDMI cable, the Audio port of my laptop becomes useless and since my monitor has a 3.5mm audio out jack, I am required to connect my speakers to that port for audio. Most of today's HDMI enabled displays do come with an analog audio jack, which lets you connect your speaker/home theatre to it. So, IMO, there's no point buying an HDMI enabled display without an Analog 3.5mm Audio Jack for Audio Out.
    I'm a KID in this BIG Cyber World!
    Intel C2D E4500 | CM Hyper TX3 EVO | Corsair VS450 | MSI G41M-P26 | 8GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD7770 | Seagate 500GB+Seagate 2TB | AOC E2243Fw2k | Dell Inspiron 14R | Core i5 480M | Seagate 500GB | 6GB DDR3 1333 | Philips SHP 2700 | Microsoft Mobile 1000 || Nokia C6-00 | Huawei Ascend P1 || My Blog: http://www.metro-greens.in

First of all mind you language, okay! and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off!
    I think I was very polite in that post. I think you should first learn how to talk to others rather than talking nonsense. I am outta this thread anyway, don't have to argue with someone like you. You ain't worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKID View Post
    The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I've experienced this in my AOC 2243FW2K monitor. Whnever I connect it to my laptop using the HDMI cable, the Audio port of my laptop becomes useless and since my monitor has a 3.5mm audio out jack, I am required to connect my speakers to that port for audio. Most of today's HDMI enabled displays do come with an analog audio jack, which lets you connect your speaker/home theatre to it. So, there's no point buying an HDMI enabled display without an Analog 3.5mm Audio Jack for Audio Out.
    Bro, you are getting my point. By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor. So, using DVI to HDMI cable is worthless as there is no audio jack in U2412M and U2312HM (IPS). So, the point is in terms of features they are behind, in terms of contrast, colours and blacks they are behind S2440L (AMVA) so how is the image quality is better in U2412M and U2312HM?

I think I was very polite in that post. I think you should first learn how to talk to others rather than talking nonsense. I am outta this thread anyway, don't have to argue with someone like you. My time ain't worth it.
    I always remain polite anyone can tell by reading this thread who is behaving nonsense. Neither I LOL'd like you nor used abusive word like "moaning" to show superiority I just defensed myself. Sorry, for wasting your gaming time.
    Last edited by rider; 20-11-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Bro, you are getting my point. By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor. So, using DVI to HDMI cable is worthless as there is no audio jack in U2412M and U2312HM.
    But AFAIK, both these dell models don't have an HDMI port, so, why are you confused with using an DVI to HDMI converter. If your PC supports DVI Output, use a DVI cable instead to connect it with the monitor. DVI doesn't carry audio signals, so it won't force audio through the cable and won't disable the PC audio ports.
    Intel C2D E4500 | CM Hyper TX3 EVO | Corsair VS450 | MSI G41M-P26 | 8GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD7770 | Seagate 500GB+Seagate 2TB | AOC E2243Fw2k | Dell Inspiron 14R | Core i5 480M | Seagate 500GB | 6GB DDR3 1333 | Philips SHP 2700 | Microsoft Mobile 1000 || Nokia C6-00 | Huawei Ascend P1 || My Blog: http://www.metro-greens.in

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKID View Post
    But AFAIK, both these dell models don't have an HDMI port, so, why are you confused with using an DVI to HDMI converter. If your PC supports DVI Output, use a DVI cable instead to connect it with the monitor. DVI doesn't carry audio signals, so it won't force audio through the cable and won't disable the PC audio ports.
    It's okay for PC but I will not able to listen TV via my HD DTH that only supports HDMI (no 3.5mm audio jack)
    I think I should wait for someone who saw S2440L in real life.

By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor.
    The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack.
    Cyberkid, the information you are providing is so wrong. It is not that if you connect your Display with PC using an HDMI cable then the audio will only route through the HDMI cable. In Sound Option, under control panel, you can select which Audio option to use...it might be the Realtech audio (Codec), Internal sound card, USB sound card or HDMI output.
    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5 GHz|16 GB RipjawX 1873 MHz CL10 @ 1.6V|1+2TB Seagate + 1 TB WD Green 64MB Cache|Sabertooth 990FX|Sapphire HD 7950 VApor-X OC with Boost|GT 240 1 GB GDDR5 PhysX|CM690II Advanced|LG D2342P Cinema 3D Display|TX850 V2|2 CM 1600RPM FAN|MX518|Razer Goliathus|Razer Arctosa|Razer Megalodon 7.1 Headset|CM Hyper 212 Plus|APC1.1KVA| Moto Defy Plus with CM 10.1 JB 4.1|HCL Me Y2 Tab (rooted)] XOLO Q800 with Ultimate V2 JB 4.2.1| Galaxy Tab 2 P3100

Cyberkid, the information you are providing is so wrong. It is not that if you connect your Display with PC using an HDMI cable then the audio will only route through the HDMI cable. In Sound Option, under control panel, you can select which Audio option to use...it might be the Realtech audio (Codec), Internal sound card, USB sound card or HDMI output.
    Thanks for the info cilus. But now the question is in terms of contrast, colours and blacks U2412M and U2312HM are behind S2440L (AMVA) so how is the image quality is better in IPS?

If so, thanks for correcting me. I've tried looking for the options, didn't quite get it. Will try it again.

CyberKid, nothing to be disappointed here, here we learn new things everyday n share it.

Regarding MVA and IPS comparison, have a read here: A-MVA 8-bit vs. E-IPS 6-bit + FRC - [H]ard|Forum
    and here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1311030/b...-amva-or-e-ips

CyberKid, nothing to be disappointed here, here we learn new things everyday n share it.

Regarding MVA and IPS comparison, have a read here: A-MVA 8-bit vs. E-IPS 6-bit + FRC - [H]ard|Forum
    and here: Best picture quality: AMVA or e-IPS
    It seems like AMVA is the boss here. It has a true 8-bit colour depth too. It is said AMVA has not good colour accuracy as IPS but this new Dell S2440L has 1.8 default deltaE score. What do you say?

(lower is better)

Buddy, 1st let us know what is going to be ....AMVA or IPS?

Bro see lg ips236V its better thn dell 2440l

Buddy, 1st let us know what is going to be ....AMVA or IPS?
    whichever has better image quality. At infibeam right now Dell S2440L is costing me 12.6k and U2312HM for 13.6k.

Quote Originally Posted by chandan3 View Post
    Bro see lg ips236V its better thn dell 2440l
    How? any source or proof?
    Last edited by rider; 22-11-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updated

@rider
    am going to buy dell s2440l morrow. did u found out which one is better?
    i guess i couldn't find a better monitor at this price range!!

Quote Originally Posted by prashanthada View Post
    @rider
    am going to buy dell s2440l morrow. did u found out which one is better?
    i guess i couldn't find a better monitor at this price range!!
    Thanks a lot brother. Please tell me after taking demo.

@rider
    can u tellme which other model to look for in dell in 24" in the same range????? other then s2440l which is the probably my choice

@rider
    can u tellme which other model to look for in dell in 24" in the same range????? other then s2440l which is the probably my choice

Other choices are 23" Dell Ultrasharp IPS panel U2312HM and Samsung T23B350AR. Both are around 15k locally.
    New Dell S2440L is an AMVA panel monitor with mac style edge-to-edge screen and It has outstanding static 5000:1 contrast with deepest blacks.

@rider dude bought my whole system along with 2440l. and coudnt load my windows on my cpu till now. but using the screen right now attaching to a laptop with hdmi. and tell u wat its looking amazing crisp and sharp. will post pics morrow with the whole syestem

@rider dude bought my whole system along with 2440l. and coudnt load my windows on my cpu till now. but using the screen right now attaching to a laptop with hdmi. and tell u wat its looking amazing crisp and sharp. will post pics morrow with the whole syestem
    wow! congrats bro. Waiting for your pics.

Right Off the Assembly Line arun garg's Avatar

I have Samsung S23A350H LED monitor. But when i saw the Dell S2440L monitor i find it's great. But i still don't know whether it is better than samsung. how is the gaming performance of it. Please tell me so i could have DELL . How dell perform in gaming .

Quote Originally Posted by arun garg View Post
    I have Samsung S23A350H LED monitor. But when i saw the Dell S2440L monitor i find it's great. But i still don't know whether it is better than samsung. how is the gaming performance of it. Please tell me so i could have DELL . How dell perform in gaming .
    How much reflection is in the screen is of S2440L? Is it glossier than your Samsung S23A350H ?