Nokia X, X+, XL
Menu

digit

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64

Thread: Nokia X, X+, XL

  1. #1
    Right Off the Assembly Line oroboros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22

    Talking Nokia X, X+, XL

    Who else is very excited to get there hands on these phones.

  2. #2
    Tech lover Superayush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Hey these phones don't have access to play store right?
    Phone:nokia 1100=>samsung corby=>nokia 5233=>karbonn A18=>moto x(8-))
    Tablet:Apple IPad 2
    Laptop:Toshiba Protege
    Headphones:soundmagic ES18 => Vsonic GR06
    Console:PS3
    Games of expertise:bf3,aoe series,quake/unreal tournament,cod to some extent

  3. #3
    Moderated New Joinee
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    I hope since it's an Android based operating system, there will be a way to root/install playstore/maybe even an option to install stock android soon

  4. #4
    Alpha Geek reniarahim1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pheonix, Arizona (AZ) / Cochin(KL) , IND
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    no..but you can side load apps
    Dell Studio 1555 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40 GHz, 3 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 | PC - Intel Pentium G620 @ 2.60 GHz, Intel DH67CL, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD | Nokia Lumia 720 | Moto-G 16GB

  5. #5
    Human Spambot sujoyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orangecity
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    I am intersted to get a basic one for mom
    Nikon D7000,Nikon D3100,18-55,55-200,55 Micro,50,Tammy 17-50,Sigma 150-500 ,
    Yougnou YN-465 flash , Vanguard ESPOD 203AP, YN603-N3 flash trigger,Lowepro 200 AW, Benro A29T+M234RC head
    My flicker link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/34748095@N07
    Xperia ZL+Sony XB30 ,MMX Funbook & Samsung 550P-S05

  6. #6
    In The Zone sushovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    The specs are not great by any means for a ~8K phone. But still, it will sell like hotcakes and most of the buyers will be the type of people who will go gaga over "Android on Nokia" without judging/comparing with other similar priced phones. Then again, This is India where crap galaxy stars sell more than Moto G so no surprise.

    Lumia 520 is still a much
    better VFM smartphone than these. Sadly the wait for a VFM sub 10k android (Like Moto G below 20k) continues

  7. #7
    Human Spambot sujoyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orangecity
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    I think Nokia X was to be priced at 6.5k ....and other then Nokia 520 which have the same hardware as Nokia X there is just no compitition.
    Nikon D7000,Nikon D3100,18-55,55-200,55 Micro,50,Tammy 17-50,Sigma 150-500 ,
    Yougnou YN-465 flash , Vanguard ESPOD 203AP, YN603-N3 flash trigger,Lowepro 200 AW, Benro A29T+M234RC head
    My flicker link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/34748095@N07
    Xperia ZL+Sony XB30 ,MMX Funbook & Samsung 550P-S05

  8. #8
    Wise Old Owl lywyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chennai/Vellore, TN
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    The Nokia X will cost 89 EUR, the X+ 99 EUR and the XL 109 EUR (9500 INR). That should be the retail price here at launch.

  9. #9
    Broken In true_lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    194

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Nokia X, X+, XL Hands On. Hope they are aptly priced in India
    Intel C2Q Q6600 @3.0 GHz | CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Gigabyte g41m Combo | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 GB | Corsair VS450 | CM CMP-250 | WD 1 TB Black + Seagate 400 GB | Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB | Logitech EX110 Wireless KB/M | WD My Passport Ultra |
    Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 on CyanogenMod 4.4.4 KitKat
    Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T on CyanogenMod 4.4.4 KitKat

  10. #10
    Moving dashing.sujay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    5,200

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Verge reported that Nokia X lagged very much. Don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldn't be surprising if it turns out as reported.

    Some people believe that Android + Nokia = Car + nitro, lol. Even though Nokia has worked hard, but I really suspect that if Google software prowess couldn't solve Android's root problem to overcome hardware specification madness, anyone else could.
    Rules !!

    DropBox: Get .5GB free

    Spoiler:

    Vaio CB35
    Prized possession
    Asus U32U ATH M20 Asus RT-N13U B1 Razer DA Redmi 1S

    Vaio CB35 Review

    How fast can you type?

    Quote Originally Posted by axes2t2
    Before working on a master piece you have to first master the pieces.

  11. #11
    In a flash.. Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    <Classified>
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by Superayush View Post
    Hey these phones don't have access to play store right?
    Nokia is going for the play store here, avoiding Google's play store. Just like Amazon's app store, i guess.
    Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the internet!

  12. #12
    Alakh Niranjan vidhubhushan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    waiting

  13. #13
    In The Zone sushovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by sujoyp View Post
    I think Nokia X was to be priced at 6.5k ....and other then Nokia 520 which have the same hardware as Nokia X there is just no compitition.
    No disrespect but X's hardware is nothing in front of 520. Nokia X has the config thats similar to galaxy crap and low end sony phones. The real thing here is to see how Nokia has optimized the forked os.

  14. #14
    Human Spambot sujoyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orangecity
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by sushovan View Post
    No disrespect but X's hardware is nothing in front of 520. Nokia X has the config thats similar to galaxy crap and low end sony phones. The real thing here is to see how Nokia has optimized the forked os.
    true
    Nikon D7000,Nikon D3100,18-55,55-200,55 Micro,50,Tammy 17-50,Sigma 150-500 ,
    Yougnou YN-465 flash , Vanguard ESPOD 203AP, YN603-N3 flash trigger,Lowepro 200 AW, Benro A29T+M234RC head
    My flicker link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/34748095@N07
    Xperia ZL+Sony XB30 ,MMX Funbook & Samsung 550P-S05

  15. #15
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by sushovan View Post
    The specs are not great by any means for a ~8K phone. But still, it will sell like hotcakes and most of the buyers will be the type of people who will go gaga over "Android on Nokia" without judging/comparing with other similar priced phones. Then again, This is India where crap galaxy stars sell more than Moto G so no surprise.

    Lumia 520 is still a much
    better VFM smartphone than these. Sadly the wait for a VFM sub 10k android (Like Moto G below 20k) continues
    that nokia X is going to sell for 6500 RS ...

    it will sell great since this phone will go to 5000 rs range in 3-4 months time

    Secondly comparing galaxy star with Motorola Moto G galaxy star is 6500 Rs and moto G is 12500 almost double.. do you even realize how budget strict people are those in under 10k range ? people don't buy a better phone if it is 5-600 Rs expensive than their budget.. ofcourse galaxy Star would sell more than moto G.. most of them are first time smartphone buyers (teens,Kids) and those who are moving from basic phones to feature phones like ASHA series.. and a simple statistic that the no of buyers under 8k are way way way more than those buying under 15k range it will rock all the Sales

    Secondly Regarding Nokia XL at 9000 RS why will it sell ? Because it has a 5 inch screen ( for the very First time under 10,000 range ) No other branded OEM offers more than 4 inch under 10k.. 5 inch screen phone starts from 14-15000 Rs

    This will revolutionize Phablet phones under 10,000 . Lumia 520 became a major success because it was the first Phone to have 4 inch screen under 10,000 while other OEM were giving 3.2-3.5 inch screen...

    Secondly regarding the potential of this DEvice it is huge.......

    These phones will have so huge Developer support from XDA .. i can bet on this that these will be the most heavily supported devices apart from flagship and nexus phones

    that means you can do virtually anything on this phone
    install google play,CM 11 , other Roms tweaks , Multiple OS like Firefox etc and what not.. this will be the most developer friendly device because its cheap and will sell hugeeeeeeeeeee because its a nokia.....

    It will be optimized at hell and might give a user experience better than galaxy Series because of the optimization..
    and needless to say 512 mb ram is more than enough For smooth Operation in android 4.4 kitkat..

    Nobody Does better in Low end than Nokia.. if it wasn't for that MR.Flop samsung wouldn't be in the picture.. but well that's another story now.. Just wait for Normandy sales number and see for yourself this will sell more than lumia 520 ( nokia X and XL )
    Last edited by rish; 25-02-2014 at 01:25 AM.

  16. #16
    In The Zone dude1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nerdvanna
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by rish View Post
    that nokia X is going to sell for 6500 RS ...

    it will sell great since this phone will go to 5000 rs range in 3-4 months time

    Secondly comparing galaxy star with Motorola Moto G galaxy star is 6500 Rs and moto G is 12500 almost double.. do you even realize how budget strict people are those in under 10k range ? people don't buy a better phone if it is 5-600 Rs expensive than their budget.. ofcourse galaxy Star would sell more than moto G.. most of them are first time smartphone buyers (teens,Kids) and those who are moving from basic phones to feature phones like ASHA series.. and a simple statistic that the no of buyers under 8k are way way way more than those buying under 15k range it will rock all the Sales

    Secondly Regarding Nokia XL at 9000 RS why will it sell ? Because it has a 5 inch screen ( for the very First time under 10,000 range ) No other branded OEM offers more than 4 inch under 10k.. 5 inch screen phone starts from 14-15000 Rs

    This will revolutionize Phablet phones under 10,000 . Lumia 520 became a major success because it was the first Phone to have 4 inch screen under 10,000 while other OEM were giving 3.2-3.5 inch screen...

    Secondly regarding the potential of this DEvice it is huge.......

    These phones will have so huge Developer support from XDA .. i can bet on this that these will be the most heavily supported devices apart from flagship and nexus phones

    that means you can do virtually anything on this phone
    install google play,CM 11 , other Roms tweaks , Multiple OS like Firefox etc and what not.. this will be the most developer friendly device because its cheap and will sell hugeeeeeeeeeee because its a nokia.....

    It will be optimized at hell and might give a user experience better than galaxy Series because of the optimization..
    and needless to say 512 mb ram is more than enough For smooth Operation in android 4.4 kitkat..

    Nobody Does better in Low end than Nokia.. if it wasn't for that MR.Flop samsung wouldn't be in the picture.. but well that's another story now.. Just wait for Normandy sales number and see for yourself this will sell more than lumia 520 ( nokia X and XL )
    [B]Samsung NP550 SO2IN[/B]- i7 3610| Nvidia Gtx 650m 2GB | [B]Sennhieser[/B] HD 202 headset| [B]Nexus 7[/B] 32GB| [B]Galaxy S4 i9500[/B]| [B]Ipad 4th generation 32GB[/B] | [B]Iphone 5s 16GB gold![/B]| [B]Nexus 5 16GB[/B]| [B]Xperia Z1 COMPACT[/B]|iPhone 6 plus 64 GB

  17. #17
    Section Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Things i like about nokia

    1.Build and Design



    2.Camera




    3.

    Spoiler:


    Looking over your shoulder girl,
    Thinking you should have let me have it all.
    If you're coming around again
    Tell me how you'd feel cause I need to know

    I could be your love again
    If you just let me in.
    We don't have to work it out
    Cause I already know


    Walking in my silver blues,
    Tracked the dust to you.
    I believed something too.
    One more life with you



  18. #18
    Human Spambot sujoyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orangecity
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    wow rish you are soo optimistic about Nokia...hope what u say comes true
    Nikon D7000,Nikon D3100,18-55,55-200,55 Micro,50,Tammy 17-50,Sigma 150-500 ,
    Yougnou YN-465 flash , Vanguard ESPOD 203AP, YN603-N3 flash trigger,Lowepro 200 AW, Benro A29T+M234RC head
    My flicker link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/34748095@N07
    Xperia ZL+Sony XB30 ,MMX Funbook & Samsung 550P-S05

  19. #19
    Geek in making $hadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    hakkuna mattata
    Posts
    3,006

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by sujoyp View Post
    wow rish you are soo optimistic about Nokia...hope what u say comes true
    Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S3 ,Nexus 5 and HTC ONE M8(finally)
    Tablet: Google nexus 7
    Laptop: Lenovo Y510p (i7 4th gen, 16gb ram ,1000 gb hd+ 24gb ssd, Nvidia 755m SLI graphic cards, Full HD anti glare display), logitech G400, Rzaer Goliathus.
    COnsole: PS4

  20. #20
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by sujoyp View Post
    wow rish you are soo optimistic about Nokia...hope what u say comes true
    hehe maybe i may have over exaggerated a little bit about developer support ( it skipped my mind that this wasn't going to be released worldwide ) but i think this phone can at least match and exceed the success that original galaxy Y had ofcourse if they don't sell
    X for more than 6500 and xl for 9000..

  21. #21
    In a flash.. Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    <Classified>
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Are those prices confirmed?
    coz, Nokia X is announced at an approx of 89EUR (~7.5k)
    Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the internet!

  22. #22
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Are those prices confirmed?
    coz, Nokia X is announced at an approx of 89EUR (~7.5k)
    taxes are higher in Europe..
    in vietnam Nokia X was listed for 110$ whereas lumia 525 Sells for 160 $ ( 10,000 similar price in India )

    also there was leaked information stating Nokia X will be released for Rs 6500 and will be followed by a massive Marketing campaign during IPL

  23. #23
    Wise Old Owl lywyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chennai/Vellore, TN
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    If Nokia X is manufactured in India (Chennai), then I guess it could escape the excise duty bringing the cost down but not much.

  24. #24
    kamehameha!! SaiyanGoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Raipur
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    so, can Nokia X+ be recommended to ages 40+ first time android users?
    LG Optimus G E970 | Soundmagic ES18 | TP-Link W8968
    My Animelist -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SaiyanGoku&sclick=1
    My blog -> http://animekart.blogspot.com
    Get Avast Free antivirus -> http://goo.gl/SbvSLQ
    Speedtest -> http://www.speedtest.net/result/3401486188.png

  25. #25
    Wise Old Owl lywyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chennai/Vellore, TN
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    ^ If you mean first time smartphone users then Nokia X/X+ or Lumia 520 is a good start for the respective OSs.

  26. #26
    Broken In
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    The clincher should be the elusive soc. If it's a dual core krait or snapdragon 400 then that and 768 MB of RAM is quite decent for a sub 10k phone.

    If it gets popular enough then the forked software and inability to access Google services wouldn't matter. Just replace the recovery and flash gapps! Sure devs can do it, it has been done for kindle fire. Though it remains to be seen how open Nokia would be to share proprietary libs for camera, Bluetooth etc to enable devs to compile from pure AOSP source.

  27. #27
    DELHIITE satinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Delhi - India
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Thanks for opening this thread !
    This is my bookmark now !
    I hope I will soon have these in my hands !
    I will like to have this for Myself and Family too !


    Nokia X
    Nokia X Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India

    Nokia X+
    Nokia X+ Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India

    Nokia XL
    Nokia XL Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India
    Last edited by satinder; 26-02-2014 at 01:50 AM.

  28. #28
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by moniker View Post
    The clincher should be the elusive soc. If it's a dual core krait or snapdragon 400 then that and 768 MB of RAM is quite decent for a sub 10k phone.

    If it gets popular enough then the forked software and inability to access Google services wouldn't matter. Just replace the recovery and flash gapps! Sure devs can do it, it has been done for kindle fire. Though it remains to be seen how open Nokia would be to share proprietary libs for camera, Bluetooth etc to enable devs to compile from pure AOSP source.
    The soc is nothing great,, it is dual core cortex A5 with Adreno 203 same as galaxy core

    but for this price range it is good enough.

  29. #29
    Broken In
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by rish View Post
    The soc is nothing great,, it is dual core cortex A5 with Adreno 203 same as galaxy core

    but for this price range it is good enough.
    Oh! Same chip on all 3 phones?

  30. #30
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Nokia X, X+, XL

    Quote Originally Posted by moniker View Post
    Oh! Same chip on all 3 phones?
    Yes on all 3 chipset is the same..

    The thing is Nokia is aiming to price these Below Lumia series.. That is why they used an older SOC whereas the newer Snapdragon 200 with cortex A7 wouldn't have been cost effective..

    and there will be more Nokia X like Devices released this year..

    Nokia talks about the X release regions, and expanding the family

    also keep in mind Lumia 520 is an exception where it was Sold at loss/No profit to gain Market share for windows..

    they would be making some Money with this device

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •