How to do Hard reset on Ubislate 7Ci tablet..?
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to do Hard reset on Ubislate 7Ci tablet..?

Exclamation How to do Hard reset on Ubislate 7Ci tablet..?

Hi everyone,

You people already know about Ubislate from Datawind and some of you may be already using it. I ordered this tablet on June and got it a week back!.

The problem is now the tablet not booting...!.

This happened when I tried to remove the app "Battery saver" which i installed through Google play, I was not able to see the display because the "battery saver" app dimmed the display and everything was blank, even after reboot the display was not coming up. so i removed that app from Google play, and after reboot android is not booting it gets struck at "Android" image/text.

and unfortunately there is no Manual or CD to recover back. and their toll free no 18001802180 is not answering the call, thought of rooting custom ROM and searched in Google but no luck!. I found one link [TAB][Multi-Tool] Ubislate 7+ Multi-tool v3 | Feature Packed | Fully Revamped !! - xda-developers but that's for ubislate 7 with 2.3 gingerbread update and mine is 4.03 update and cannot downgrade. If i do so it may screw up!.

As there was no separate reset button/key, I tried with combination of power key and volume up key(holding it for more than 10 sec and untill I got this image) 7885263992_1b0cd197d3_n.jpg after this i don't know what to do.

So if anyone has done any R&D on this.. please share with me... so that i can recover back.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    If you really wanna think, try to think from Atom to Universe!!

cpu: core i5 2500k, mobo: DP67BG, RAM:Corsair 8GB(4x2) 1600 Mhz, XFX HD 5770, 1TB seagate 6Gbps 7200 rpm , SAGA II 500W

Default Re: How to do Hard reset on Ubislate 7Ci tablet..?

When you get to the screen as posted above, choose recovery mode and then recover to factory settings

use volume keys to move in menu to recovery mode and use power button to choose the option.

p.s: do it at your own discretion. Better off taking to Datawind.
    Last edited by thetechfreak; 15-11-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Updated and disclaimer added.
    Follow me on Twitter:http://twitter.com/wuodland

Have a look at my Photography page: http://bit.ly/N2aMTi

just ordinary...

Quote Originally Posted by khmadhu View Post
    Hi everyone,

You people already know about Ubislate from Datawind and some of you may be already using it. I ordered this tablet on June and got it a week back!.

The problem is now the tablet not booting...!.

This happened when I tried to remove the app "Battery saver" which i installed through Google play, I was not able to see the display because the "battery saver" app dimmed the display and everything was blank, even after reboot the display was not coming up. so i removed that app from Google play, and after reboot android is not booting it gets struck at "Android" image/text.

and unfortunately there is no Manual or CD to recover back. and their toll free no 18001802180 is not answering the call, thought of rooting custom ROM and searched in Google but no luck!. I found one link [TAB][Multi-Tool] Ubislate 7+ Multi-tool v3 | Feature Packed | Fully Revamped !! - xda-developers but that's for ubislate 7 with 2.3 gingerbread update and mine is 4.03 update and cannot downgrade. If i do so it may screw up!.

As there was no separate reset button/key, I tried with combination of power key and volume up key(holding it for more than 10 sec and untill I got this image) 7885263992_1b0cd197d3_n.jpg after this i don't know what to do.

So if anyone has done any R&D on this.. please share with me... so that i can recover back.
    Good Luck to you @khmadhu for getting Ubislate 7Ci from F**Kw*nd,even more good luck to you if you can have the issue resolved through their non-existent Technical/Customer care...

Well jokes aside(Please never mind brother...I do not intend to hurt you) ; try this trick:--->

Press the Volume UP(vol.+) key for 5secs. and the Power/on-off button simultaneously.
    Release the Vol.+ key and the Power/on-off button,but IMMEDIATELY(within 10 secs. time of release of vol.+ button) again press the Power/on-ff button and hold for about 6 secs.

If everything succeeds,please post a comment.

The worst case is to send back the Tablet to their Technical Care Division at:

Datawind Innovation Private Limited
    563 Baba Deep Singh Complex,
    East Mohan Nagar,
    Amritsar -143001

OR At:

Datawind Innovation Private Limited
    514,DLF Tower B,Jasola District Center,
    New Delhi - 110025

After keeping me in wait for 9 months, Datawind finally refunded back my money,that's it.

thetechfreak and kg11sgbg thanks for the suggestion.. but no luck...

i did exactly same way..
    Press the Volume UP(vol.+) key for 5secs. and the Power/on-off button simultaneously.
    Release the Vol.+ key and the Power/on-off button,but IMMEDIATELY(within 10 secs. time of release of vol.+ button) again press the Power/on-ff button and hold for about 6 secs.
    when i press power button +volume up key I get the android error logo (the same pic) but the device shutdown itself when the power button is pressed for more than 6 sec.
    I tried several combination while its in error logo like ( only volume up for 6-10 secs, only volume down for 6-10 sec, both vol up+down for 6-10 sec) but nothing happens.. along with this combination if i press power key for more than 6 sec then it goes power off!.

its just the error logo no other option menu is visible...

any other option i can try..?

cpu: core i5 2500k, mobo: DP67BG, RAM:Corsair 8GB(4x2) 1600 Mhz, XFX HD 5770, 1TB seagate 6Gbps 7200 rpm , SAGA II 500W

Strange. Try to boot(after powering off) using the power and volume down key at same time. Then you should be able to navigate to recovery mode. See this
    Follow me on Twitter:http://twitter.com/wuodland

Have a look at my Photography page: http://bit.ly/N2aMTi

^@thetechfreak, the image you posted is normal recovery procedure. but i am getting the same logo with a "red triangle and exclamatory mark".

check this pic
    android_error.jpg

does this mean the recovery function itself corrupted..!!

just ordinary...

^^Yes, you are correct .Picture posted by @thetechfreak means normal recovery procedure.

I think,@khmadhu better try to contact Datawind at their Technical Service Division(particularly the DELHI based address).

It's true that Datawind "sucks";obviously try your best to contact them and RMA# your product.Maybe now with their revamped site and maybe(I don't TRUST Datawind at any time and cost)with their better streamlined service aspects,you can head for...

Ultimately your GOOD LUCK and the GRACE of GOD might help you out of this problem.

@ kg11sgbg
    I will keep that as last option.. becoz if i send it now.. I don't know when i will get it back! . for now i have given it to my friend who's working in the same field. lets see if he can fix it.

Right off the assembly line

Exclamation Re: How to do Hard reset on Ubislate 7Ci tablet..?

Did your problem solved i'm having the same problem??

Right off the assembly line

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty9074 View Post
    Did your problem solved i'm having the same problem??

is your problem solved ??.. I am facing same issue now..>>>