The LG Optimus One Thread - Page 70
Menu

digit

Page 70 of 469 FirstFirst ... 20 50 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 90 120 170 ... LastLast

Thread: The LG Optimus One Thread

Default Re: the LG Optimus One thread

I have just disabled "Background Data" from "Settings >> Accounts & Sync"

I hope to see some increase in battery life.. How would it effect other apps on my phone?

Edit: Had to reenable background data because Android market wouldn't work without it...
    Last edited by AndroidFan; 27-04-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Daily Driver -- Galaxy Nexus Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies

Alpha Geek

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFan View Post
    I have just disabled "Background Data" from "Settings >> Accounts & Sync"

I hope to see some increase in battery life.. How would it effect other apps on my phone?

Edit: Had to reenable background data because Android market wouldn't work without it...
    even google talk wouldn't work and u wont get notificatins when u receive mails or tweets ... its impossible to live without that ....

instead, i would recomend u use setcpu and use a lower clock when the phone is sleeping
    Acer Aspire 5536
    X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, ATI HD 3200

LG O1 ([B]CM7 beta6.5[/B]:-D), PSP-Go 6.20 (TN-A Hen)

LG o1 owner ?... update ur details[URL="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amc7b7gXzdhodFVVdnFZWlh5WmE5R0gtazJRUHRJbEE&hl=en_US#gid=0"]here[/URL]

using a lower clock while sleeping wont really help the batt life as even at low freq the procy consumes same amt of voltage...infact it may make it worse due to the constant scaling. read this

[TWEAKS][UPDATED 26/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers

specifically this part from the above link

Battery life increase for Dummies

Do you want some extra juice in your battery life? Does it seem that you lose your battery too fast? Then you came to the right
    place.

Over the time I've gathered some information about our battery and while this isn't 100% proof (because all of us use the phone for different purposes)
    I think it's most accurate:

The myth of having the lowest possible frequency on your CPU while it's asleep:

Having the lowest frequencies (122 or 248) set up, it's not good. Our phone doesn't change voltages while underclocking or overclocking (as far as I know overclocking
    doesn't change voltages as well) so, and only talking about underclocking, having such a low frequency is bad for your phones battery and performance. For the battery
    that's because it takes longer to wake up from sleep and the time that the cpu takes to scale from 122/248 to maximum instead of using it for processing power eats
    your battery away. About the performance hit, well that's pretty obvious and it takes longer to idle up, so again, more battery drain.
    Having read about this the last few days actually running in Performance Governor is pretty beneficial to your battery: it wakes up faster, it performs every task faster,
    then it idles up faster. Yeah during "sleep" time having 122 frequency or 806 it's the same thing because it's not using its power for anything, it's just there idling.
    In any case what I always suggest is TEST it up and see for yourself. If you don't want to run with Performance governor at least run with 480 minimum frequency, it really helps.

---

Why do you run with auto-sync, gps, wifi, 3G, firewalls, anti-virus, background apps killing your battery? That's bullshit. Most of you complain that your battery doesn't last as long
    as it should...well that's not ROMs fault, I've been running with CM7 buils since the first builds and I never, ever, ever had battery problems even when everyone complained. Why?
    Because I'm careful. If you don't need auto-sync at that time, disable it...if you don't need gps, disable it and so on. I don't know why people leave this stuff on even when they are not
    using them. Firewalls? That's bullshit as well along with anti-viruses. They eat up your resources for nothing. Same goes for background apps that eat it up. Google Maps = bullshit. If
    you used it go kill it after you're done with it. Same with Music app. Kill it after you've listened to your 1315618 songs. But DON'T use task killers. I can't repeat this enough, just
    DON'T use them for your own sake. Same goes for 3G...just don't enable it all time if you're not using it.

No Live Wallpapers as well, nor 3D app drawers, these blow your battery away easily without you knowing how or why. Don't bother tuning your brightness down...you have a device, and
    that's to be used. Why buying a mobile for 200€ and not using it's screen propely? It's there to be used, full brightness looks better, it's not by decreasing it down and hurting your
    eyes that you'll get 21564561 more battery hours.
    AMD Athlon II X4 630 | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | 4 GB DDR3 1333 Corsair | CM Hyper 212 EVO | 1TB WD Blue | 500GB Seagate | SAPPHIRE HD 6850 | NZXT Gamma | Seasonic 500 Watt :D | Samsung 19" LCD | Google Nexus 4 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB

Hey guys!! Finally downgraded, rooted and installed custom recovery on my phone.. removed the crapware... everything's fine but i can't open Gmail, whenever i reboot or try to open gmail error come up that it stopped unexpectedly n hav to FC it.. it happened after i downgraded.. but everything went smoothly.
    any idea wat mayb wrong?
    True sign of intelligence is not knowledge but Imagination.. :)

^^ Uninstall Gmail and reinstall it. See if this solves the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by guru_urug View Post
    using a lower clock while sleeping wont really help the batt life as even at low freq the procy consumes same amt of voltage...infact it may make it worse due to the constant scaling. read this

[TWEAKS][UPDATED 26/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers
    I went to recovery and patched franciscofranco script. What next? Does it increase performance automatically?

Cheers!
    Daily Driver -- Galaxy Nexus Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies

Alrite reinstalled gmail n its working now.. thanks Androidfan!

have to do a nand backup now,, should i do this 1 "Nand Backup + .android secure"?

n then install a custom Rom... i need good battery lyf, gud customization, n not much trouble as m new to all this .. So plz suggest which rom will be better..

n 1 more quest. , when should i install the mik_os' Kernal(touchscreenfix)? , before installing the Rom or afterwards?
    Last edited by jagg89; 29-04-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    True sign of intelligence is not knowledge but Imagination.. :)

Alpha Geek

@guru_urg ... when I go to sleep at night, I lower the clock and sleep ... this is cause I know I wont be waking up the phone for a solid 6 to 8 hours ...hence I save battery ... I drain about 6pc in 6hours with sync on ... infact my corporate mail is set to push ... without the lower clock, the drain seems to be significantly higher ... 12pc ~15pc ...

I do agree with what the post says ... if u turn everything off, any clock gives you the same result .. but I would like to leave my mail and messenger apps running all night ..
    Acer Aspire 5536

LG o1 owner ?... update ur details[URL="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amc7b7gXzdhodFVVdnFZWlh5WmE5R0gtazJRUHRJbEE&hl=en_US#gid=0"]here[/URL]

Right Off the Assembly Line

has one one got a good lg pc suite ,
    i need to use internet on my pc via my fone

only android market needs background data , on .
    for gtalk , rather use something like ebuddy , tht doesnt require background data .

how do u kill a task without using task killer or advance task killer ,

nice app discovered - compass

nice app - appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by k4ce View Post
    @guru_urg ... when I go to sleep at night, I lower the clock and sleep ... this is cause I know I wont be waking up the phone for a solid 6 to 8 hours ...hence I save battery ... I drain about 6pc in 6hours with sync on ... infact my corporate mail is set to push ... without the lower clock, the drain seems to be significantly higher ... 12pc ~15pc ...

I do agree with what the post says ... if u turn everything off, any clock gives you the same result .. but I would like to leave my mail and messenger apps running all night ..
    How much battery you getting by doing so ? I am using 234/729 and my phone holds 30hours with autosync, gmail, facebook,twitter (100+ tweets) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jagg89 View Post
    Alrite reinstalled gmail n its working now.. thanks Androidfan!

have to do a nand backup now,, should i do this 1 "Nand Backup + .android secure"?

n then install a custom Rom... i need good battery lyf, gud customization, n not much trouble as m new to all this .. So plz suggest which rom will be better..

n 1 more quest. , when should i install the mik_os' Kernal(touchscreenfix)? , before installing the Rom or afterwards?
    Nand+android secure+ext (if you format your card with ext partition)

Go for void as people's choice. Personally I would suggest openoptimus or LOL 1.4.2.

Flash the kernel after installing the rom i.e. flash rom, reboot into recovery and thn flash the kernel.

Alpha Geek

Quote Originally Posted by dreatica View Post
    How much battery you getting by doing so ? I am using 234/729 and my phone holds 30hours with autosync, gmail, facebook,twitter (100+ tweets) etc.
    I generally hover close to 35~42 hours per charge ... depends on if I use location services or not ...

I run stock 600 during day and run it at 300ish at night (when I am sleeping) ...

Generally, I have more drain during weekends cos I play games ... During weekdays, dont get that kinda time
    Acer Aspire 5536