This one is going to be my 1st Lappie. I never wanted Laptop as it was never the same replacement for my Desktop monster. But the office work is really forcing me to take one.
What is your budget? (INR or USD) 65k ~ 70k INR What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? No specific preference as such as long as they are well built. But i dont want Macs as I cannot play games What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
- Office Tools
- and Multimedia tasks like video conversion, Photoshop
What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
- Screen Resolution : 1600 x 900 or higher [atleast 1366 x 768]
- Type : Doesnt matter much even then , Matte finish preferred over Glossy.
Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
- CPU : Looking for 4th Gen or 3rd Gen i5 or i7 or AMD equivalent if we have something in this range
- GPU : 650M GT or higher
- RAM : 8GB DDR3 or higher
- HDD : SSD + 750 GB if possible or 1TB
- Display : Touch ?
- Keyboard : Back lit if possible
- Speaker : JBL speaker like in Dell XPS 15 or better.
- OS : Not really required. I'm haapy with DOS or linux.
Laptops Under Consideration :
- Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647)
- This one is little above my budget , but impressed. hp-envy-touchsmart-15-j001tx-laptop
One more thing wanted to add, how to protect this thing , we have any insurance which covers theft protection ?
Also , can we use a sim card to connect to internet ? I had seen a sim card slot in one of my friends lap.