The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread - Page 76
Menu

digit

 

Page 76 of 162 FirstFirst ... 26 56 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 96 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 4836

Thread: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

  1. #2251
    \m/ \m/
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    Mine w/ cooling pad and underpowering CPU temps were @97C while playing GTA 4 though there was no FPS Drops!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RON28 View Post
    strange was there proper ventilation beneath the laptop, or you were playing by putting pillow under it? because im playing Skyrim at ultra setting and temps are around 75 at CPU max 70%
    RON i used U2 cooling pad. I m worried abt battery wear level too.
    strange thing is tht there is sound frm dvd drive whn strt using any application or aftr booting up laptop (not during booting up)

    @pratyush >> dude u r ryt. But if thts a intense multimedia laptop thn too heating shuld b addressed....as of there are many intense graphic applications too. Heating and getting a 50C reading while normal browsing is not OK acc. to me.

    Wht shuld I do for battery....already set max charge lvl to 80% and switch turbo mode only while gaming..... infact its showing wear lvl only aftr I set it to max 80% as I hv used it for gaming few days bck too.....god knows why is it happening ryt now. Wht shuld b remedies to it. ??

    BTW i have not faced any FPS drop till today.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    [B]Current config[/B] [SPOILER][B] [I]Samsung NP550P[/I] - Intel Core i5-3210m,6GB DDR3 RAM , NVIDIA GT650M 2GB, 1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, In-built [B]JBL[/B] SS.[/B][/SPOILER]

  2. #2252
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    ^ check whether ur i5 is throttling or not by Throttle stop app!
    Link
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

  3. #2253
    whiz kid arani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad/Kolkata
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    A quick question to all owners. My laptop is just a few days old but it seems to be much slower for a 6GB machine. Any solutions??? Please help..
    Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-SO1IN Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3210QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, [B]NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3[/B],1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer

  4. #2254
    .


    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    10,478

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arani View Post
    A quick question to all owners. My laptop is just a few days old but it seems to be much slower for a 6GB machine. Any solutions??? Please help..
    more RAM doesn't make a PC faster. Some background process wasting processing power most probably.

  5. #2255
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arani View Post
    A quick question to all owners. My laptop is just a few days old but it seems to be much slower for a 6GB machine. Any solutions??? Please help..
    plz do a clean install and ram doesn't boost ur system speed bro...
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

  6. #2256
    \m/ \m/
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    How to check whether its throttling ? cn u post some info regarding tht.
    I did this bench aftr installing.....ny xpert view on tht. ??
    [B]Current config[/B] [SPOILER][B] [I]Samsung NP550P[/I] - Intel Core i5-3210m,6GB DDR3 RAM , NVIDIA GT650M 2GB, 1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, In-built [B]JBL[/B] SS.[/B][/SPOILER]

  7. #2257
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    guys please help ! i reinstalled OS and now i've lost the cyberDVD suite ! i cant play blu ray movies anymore.. all this while i thought blu ray player software was no big deal.. but there seems to be no free ones ! how can i reinstall the software !?

  8. #2258
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    cremator and sakii U both just got a PM
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

  9. #2259
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Hey guys i bought the i7 version of this laptop 5 days ago. I am having serious throttling problem in BF3 and Arkham city at full settings whether it's on power supply or not. This beast is able to run BF3 butter smooth on ultra until throttling starts after the first 10 min. I have tried underclocking cpu to 65% but its of no use. I am using the updated beta drivers for the gpu. Does anyone have a solution? Is a cooling pad helpful at all?

    P.S- I think the people who are not reporting any throttling are not playing demanding games at ultra settings because my laptop never throttles while playing FIFA 12.

  10. #2260
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Same here...After installing Beta drivers .....There were fps drops in GTA 4...is it driver issue??

    HI guyz ....are guest Sammy owners registering in TDF just to solve their Throttling issues??
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

  11. #2261
    Dr.Geek
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Howard School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    are we expecting any price drops ???
    <<XFX 680i TLi chipset>>Dual core 2.8Ghz>>2*1GbTranscend 800 hz>>8800 GTX XXX 768 Mb..GTX 260 862 Mb now GTX 280 1 Gb>>Cabbi CM 690 Nvidia SLI>>CM OEM 600w>>APC 1Kva UPS>>

  12. #2262
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    ^nope!

    So another bro Bought Sammy i7 Lappy!!!
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

  13. #2263
    Lost in games ujjwal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    san andreas
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    ^nope!

    So another bro Bought Sammy i7 Lappy!!!
    he come here after 5 days of purchasing laptop just to solve the throttling problem
    [B]Apple ipad 2 | dell inspiron 14r | compaq c733tu | nokia lumia 520 | iphone 5s gold

    SAMSUNG NP550P5C-SO2IN Samsung Series 5 NP550P Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3610QM Quad Core , 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3,1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer[/B]

  14. #2264
    Lost in games ujjwal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    san andreas
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    Nope bro...Another guy lol. this guy Bought i7 2day :- Sunny5
    ahh!! but ty1993 also purchased
    [B]Apple ipad 2 | dell inspiron 14r | compaq c733tu | nokia lumia 520 | iphone 5s gold

    SAMSUNG NP550P5C-SO2IN Samsung Series 5 NP550P Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3610QM Quad Core , 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3,1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer[/B]

  15. #2265
    Took Off!!! dan4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    under your bed!!!
    Posts
    794

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tv1993 View Post
    Hey guys i bought the i7 version of this laptop 5 days ago. I am having serious throttling problem in BF3 and Arkham city at full settings whether it's on power supply or not. This beast is able to run BF3 butter smooth on ultra until throttling starts after the first 10 min. I have tried underclocking cpu to 65% but its of no use. I am using the updated beta drivers for the gpu. Does anyone have a solution? Is a cooling pad helpful at all?

    P.S- I think the people who are not reporting any throttling are not playing demanding games at ultra settings because my laptop never throttles while playing FIFA 12.
    I played bf3, and faced no throttling. Don't put every setting on ultra (remember this is a laptop, not a gaming rig), use auto configure graphics in bf3.......
    [SPOILER][B]Samsung Series 5 NP550P Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3610QM Quad Core , 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3, Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, Blu-Ray, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer[/B] | Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse | [B]Google Nexus 4[/B][/SPOILER]

  16. #2266
    whiz kid arani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad/Kolkata
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    plz do a clean install and ram doesn't boost ur system speed bro...
    sorry 4 being such a noob. for a clean install all that is needed is the dvd that came wd the laptop ryt?
    Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-SO1IN Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3210QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, [B]NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3[/B],1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer

  17. #2267
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    sorry if this has been answered before but how do i check the battery wear level and set the battery charge level to 80% ?

  18. #2268
    whiz kid arani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad/Kolkata
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cremator View Post
    sorry if this has been answered before but how do i check the battery wear level and set the battery charge level to 80% ?
    for battery wear level, use the CPUID-HWMonitor software. And for setting the max battery level to 80%, press fn+F1 to open the Easy Settings > General > Battery Life Extender > ON
    Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-SO1IN Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3210QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, [B]NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3[/B],1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer

  19. #2269
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    ^Thanks a ton for the prompt response arani !

  20. #2270
    whiz kid arani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad/Kolkata
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cremator View Post
    ^Thanks a ton for the prompt response arani !
    anytime buddy!
    Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-SO1IN Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3210QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, [B]NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3[/B],1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer

  21. #2271
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    HI guyz ....are guest Sammy owners registering in TDF just to solve their Throttling issues??
    Quote Originally Posted by ujjwal007 View Post
    he come here after 5 days of purchasing laptop just to solve the throttling problem
    So what? Isnt that the purpose of a forum. New people join it for different reasons, and also give their inputs and thought on products. Why question new arrivals then ??

    @ tv1993.. Yes throttling problem is an issue with demanding games at high settings. There are may be a few exceptions.

  22. #2272
    Wise Old Owl RON28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,138

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sakii View Post
    RON i used U2 cooling pad. I m worried abt battery wear level too.
    strange thing is tht there is sound frm dvd drive whn strt using any application or aftr booting up laptop (not during booting up)

    @pratyush >> dude u r ryt. But if thts a intense multimedia laptop thn too heating shuld b addressed....as of there are many intense graphic applications too. Heating and getting a 50C reading while normal browsing is not OK acc. to me.

    Wht shuld I do for battery....already set max charge lvl to 80% and switch turbo mode only while gaming..... infact its showing wear lvl only aftr I set it to max 80% as I hv used it for gaming few days bck too.....god knows why is it happening ryt now. Wht shuld b remedies to it. ??

    BTW i have not faced any FPS drop till today.
    Same thing happened with me twice, that sound was from optical drive i guess...my battery wear level went to 16% but now again it came to 0% thanks to pratyush and 55C during normal browsing is normal. don't worry about it. i don't use turbo mode...i changed CPU max to 60% and play skyrim at 30-45fps

  23. #2273
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dan4u View Post
    I played bf3, and faced no throttling. Don't put every setting on ultra (remember this is a laptop, not a gaming rig), use auto configure graphics in bf3.......
    Hey i turned of anti-aliasing and put anti-aliasing post to low. this didn't affect the graphics quality at all and it finally stopped throttling. I also updated the intel chipset driver from samsung website so that might have helped.

  24. #2274
    Wise Old Owl RON28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,138

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arani View Post
    sorry 4 being such a noob. for a clean install all that is needed is the dvd that came wd the laptop ryt?
    yes insert the dvd, boot up your laptop and start installation. and after installing fresh, delete windows.old folder from C-DRIVE.

  25. #2275
    Amateur techno enthusiast eduku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    142

    Question Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Guys, I have been busy with college lately, so I was not able to follow the thread.
    I got my laptop (the one with the i7 processor) a week ago, but I did not have time to test it.
    Now that I tried playing FIFA 12 for almost an hour at 1600X900 and high settings I received FPS ranging from 80 to 140 in normal operation. I was kind of surprised as I thought that the maximum FPS should be 60 to match with the monitor refresh rate. I tried to configure Vsync, but could not find any mention of it in the NVIDIA control panel.
    But the main problem is that after every 15-20 minutes the FPS would drop to 20-25 FPS for 10-15 seconds and then again go back up, even though the maximum CPU temperature was only about 85*C and GPU was about 70*C.
    Another thing that I found that every time I tried top resume FIFA 12 from minimized condition, it crashed!! This problem does not occur in my desktop and my friends laptops, so I am pretty certain that its an issue with my laptop itself.
    What should I do about these problems?
    Are any new drivers out yet?
    What is the version of NVIDIA drivers that you guys are using?
    Another thing that I noticed that the blacks appear to be quite grayish, so is the any way to increase the screen contrast (not brightness), and can any of you say exactly which USB port is powered?
    Thanks guys...

  26. #2276
    Right off the assembly line
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Hi Guys, Purchased the NP550P5C-S02IN model last evening at Spencers Plaza in Chennai, Solid Laptop!

    But while setting up the machine I noticed that in the Bios settings, the Purchased Date is strangely mentioned as 26-6-12. On probing further, the Samsung Easy support center bloatware also gave me the same information under the system information tab. I'm pretty confused now.. Am I being taken for a ride by the seller? coz the laptop is not even a day old. Or is this normal? Please Help!

  27. #2277
    Broken In
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rishab.arora View Post
    Lenovo Z Series Z580 59-339355 or Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN... which 1 to buy??...both available below 60k... specs-wise samsung is better but reading the thread...n abt the problems of heating...i am confused...
    P.s- i play games for arnd 3-4 hours daily..
    well what a coincidence i have samsung np550p5c and my roomie has lenovo z580. both are really nice.. Z580 remains cool unlike samsung. the screen is glossy in 580 which i prefer much than matte coz the color looks good

    Quote Originally Posted by arani View Post
    sorry 4 being such a noob. for a clean install all that is needed is the dvd that came wd the laptop ryt?
    yes thats a win7 dvd so thats all needed after that use the recovery option to install drivers

    abd the thing is that my gpu is throttling at 85c not cpu.

  28. #2278
    Lost in games ujjwal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    san andreas
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eduku View Post
    Guys, I have been busy with college lately, so I was not able to follow the thread.
    I got my laptop (the one with the i7 processor) a week ago, but I did not have time to test it.
    Now that I tried playing FIFA 12 for almost an hour at 1600X900 and high settings I received FPS ranging from 80 to 140 in normal operation. I was kind of surprised as I thought that the maximum FPS should be 60 to match with the monitor refresh rate. I tried to configure Vsync, but could not find any mention of it in the NVIDIA control panel.
    But the main problem is that after every 15-20 minutes the FPS would drop to 20-25 FPS for 10-15 seconds and then again go back up, even though the maximum CPU temperature was only about 85*C and GPU was about 70*C.
    Another thing that I found that every time I tried top resume FIFA 12 from minimized condition, it crashed!! This problem does not occur in my desktop and my friends laptops, so I am pretty certain that its an issue with my laptop itself.
    What should I do about these problems?
    Are any new drivers out yet?
    What is the version of NVIDIA drivers that you guys are using?
    Another thing that I noticed that the blacks appear to be quite grayish, so is the any way to increase the screen contrast (not brightness), and can any of you say exactly which USB port is powered?
    Thanks guys...
    that crash problem is with game itself....i listened from many friends when they minimize it and when try to open it crashes

    Quote Originally Posted by vipulgreattt View Post
    So what? Isnt that the purpose of a forum. New people join it for different reasons, and also give their inputs and thought on products. Why question new arrivals then ??

    @ tv1993.. Yes throttling problem is an issue with demanding games at high settings. There are may be a few exceptions.
    its no problem man i m just saying!
    [B]Apple ipad 2 | dell inspiron 14r | compaq c733tu | nokia lumia 520 | iphone 5s gold

    SAMSUNG NP550P5C-SO2IN Samsung Series 5 NP550P Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3610QM Quad Core , 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB DDR3,1TB HDD 5400rpm, 1600x900 LED Matte display, JBL 3 Speakers w/ Sub Woofer[/B]

  29. #2279
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sriman View Post
    Hi Guys, Purchased the NP550P5C-S02IN model last evening at Spencers Plaza in Chennai, Solid Laptop!

    But while setting up the machine I noticed that in the Bios settings, the Purchased Date is strangely mentioned as 26-6-12. On probing further, the Samsung Easy support center bloatware also gave me the same information under the system information tab. I'm pretty confused now.. Am I being taken for a ride by the seller? coz the laptop is not even a day old. Or is this normal? Please Help!
    most probably could be a used one. Or did u enter this date by mistake when u first turned it on??

  30. #2280
    Inactive pratyush997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,721

    Default Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sriman View Post
    Hi Guys, Purchased the NP550P5C-S02IN model last evening at Spencers Plaza in Chennai, Solid Laptop!

    But while setting up the machine I noticed that in the Bios settings, the Purchased Date is strangely mentioned as 26-6-12. On probing further, the Samsung Easy support center bloatware also gave me the same information under the system information tab. I'm pretty confused now.. Am I being taken for a ride by the seller? coz the laptop is not even a day old. Or is this normal? Please Help!
    What the FAQ???..was the box when u bought sealed or not??

    hi to All Sammy owners Join this group ......
    Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN/S01IN Notebook Owners!!
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

    Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

    [Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

Similar Threads

  1. Help me choose between Dell Inspiron 15R SE vs Samsung 550p
    By krish440 in forum Laptops and Netbooks
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 06:24 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
  3. HP DV Series Laptops
    By maverick786us in forum Laptops and Netbooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-12-2011, 11:34 AM
  4. AMD A series laptops
    By Kulz in forum Laptops and Netbooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •