RAM Compatibility issue (Intel DG31PR with PC800)
Menu

digit

Thread: RAM Compatibility issue (Intel DG31PR with PC800)

Right Off the Assembly Line

Default RAM Compatibility issue (Intel DG31PR with PC800)

Hi,

Am using Intel DG31PR with DDR2 Hyundai PC2 - 5300 (333Mhz) RAM (1GB) ... I recently bought another DDR2 RAM (Hynix 1gb PC800) which is from Hynix (I know I should have bought the same RAM) ... Problem is the comp. wont boot with the new RAM on any slot ... no combination would work ... I mean even if I try to boot with only the new RAM, on any slot it won't work... forget about dual slots

I am bewildered ... I searched the net too, but to no avail ...

Need HELP !!!

I'm beside of my neibour's house, in my house, which is on Eath in Solar System in Milky Way Galaxy

Default Re: RAM Compatibility issue (Intel DG31PR with PC800)

I have same issue but a very old mobo.
    Its a ASUS K8v-MX. initially it had 256mb Hynix DDR 333MHz RAM.
    Now I got 1GB Crucial @ 333MHz at eBay for re.700/- (used but description said it was at excellent condition) but it won't boot with the new ram in. after many tries i got to the windows xp loading and was seeing the system properties window. sudddenly a black screen, no HDD activity.
    Restarted. again same . after that black screen immediately after power on. removed new ram and put in old one(256MB), it worked.

Crucial memory finder says :Guranteed- Compatible"

I sent the eBay seller a message and no reply...Tries bios update to latest version, clear RAM gold contats with eraser, reset cmos, pull out battery
    GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P~CORSAIR 4GB Vengance~AMD FX 6300 ~CORSAIR CX430V2~CORSAIR Carbide SPEC 02~VIEWSONIC VA1918wm ~NO UPS, PURE SINEWAVE iACE~INTEX 2000Watt 2.1 SPEAKERS~LOGITECH Media Keyboard~EPSON L110~CANON LIDE~(SEAGATE+TOSHIBA)x1TB|PIONEER VSX-916~MISSION SATELLITES~DAINTY 300SPP CUSTOM SUBWOOFER~AIRTEL HD~SONY BRAVIA BX300|VAIO VGN-CS17G|SONY XPERIA X10~SONY XPERIA M~CYBERSHOT T70~PLAYSTATION 2~HANDYCAM DCR-TRV460E|~SANDISK 16GB ULTRA SD|BEETEL LANDLINE~GIGASET A490|OGENERAL

get the ram checked on another mobo. and try to get a replacement.

if the ram is ok, talk to the shop, if they can give you a better brand like corsair/gskill.....

Little Kid

Quote Originally Posted by kARTechnology View Post
    I sent the eBay seller a message and no reply...Tries bios update to latest version, clear RAM gold contats with eraser, reset cmos, pull out battery
    Send message to eBay as it seems you got dupped !!!

From your description, it seems the RAM module is faulty and seller cheated !!
    [SPOILER][B]PC ->[/B] Intel Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz (OC) / ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme / GA-G41-Combo / 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333 MHz G-Skill / XFX 9600 GT 512MB / 2 x 500GB SATA HDD / TVS Gold Keyboard / Microsoft Optical Mouse / APC UPS / ViewSonic 22" LCD / Creative 5.1
    [B]Laptop ->[/B] Lenovo N200 / Dual Core 1.4GHz / 1.5 GB DDR2 800 MHz / 160 GB / 15.4" WideScreen[/SPOILER]

I'm beside of my neibour's house, in my house, which is on Eath in Solar System in Milky Way Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Naxal View Post
    Send message to eBay as it seems you got dupped !!!

From your description, it seems the RAM module is faulty and seller cheated !!
    hey thanks, but he replied

"don't worry sir, we will replace it"

he didn't say me when he is sending me or how i should send the defecitve ram...
    GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P~CORSAIR 4GB Vengance~AMD FX 6300 ~CORSAIR CX430V2~CORSAIR Carbide SPEC 02~VIEWSONIC VA1918wm ~NO UPS, PURE SINEWAVE iACE~INTEX 2000Watt 2.1 SPEAKERS~LOGITECH Media Keyboard~EPSON L110~CANON LIDE~(SEAGATE+TOSHIBA)x1TB|PIONEER VSX-916~MISSION SATELLITES~DAINTY 300SPP CUSTOM SUBWOOFER~AIRTEL HD~SONY BRAVIA BX300|VAIO VGN-CS17G|SONY XPERIA X10~SONY XPERIA M~CYBERSHOT T70~PLAYSTATION 2~HANDYCAM DCR-TRV460E|~SANDISK 16GB ULTRA SD|BEETEL LANDLINE~GIGASET A490|OGENERAL

Little Kid

Quote Originally Posted by kARTechnology View Post
    hey thanks, but he replied

"don't worry sir, we will replace it"

he didn't say me when he is sending me or how i should send the defecitve ram...
    Communicate and see what way he prefers, better to ask him to book a Pick from your place (address), in that case it will save your shipping charges !!
    [SPOILER][B]PC ->[/B] Intel Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz (OC) / ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme / GA-G41-Combo / 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333 MHz G-Skill / XFX 9600 GT 512MB / 2 x 500GB SATA HDD / TVS Gold Keyboard / Microsoft Optical Mouse / APC UPS / ViewSonic 22" LCD / Creative 5.1
    [B]Laptop ->[/B] Lenovo N200 / Dual Core 1.4GHz / 1.5 GB DDR2 800 MHz / 160 GB / 15.4" WideScreen[/SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by Naxal View Post
    Communicate and see what way he prefers, better to ask him to book a Pick from your place (address), in that case it will save your shipping charges !!
    yep that's what i sent him, didnt reply still...he takes 1 day every time to reply me

Ok ... sorry for the late replies ... But, I also bought it from e-bay ... The first RAM I got was faulty too ... same problem... so I got it replaced from the seller ...
    The 2nd unit he has sent is also facing the same issue ... suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rachitsaran View Post
    Ok ... sorry for the late replies ... But, I also bought it from e-bay ... The first RAM I got was faulty too ... same problem... so I got it replaced from the seller ...
    The 2nd unit he has sent is also facing the same issue ... suggestions?
    so fast!!!
    okay my seller is saying me to first send the item. How did u send it and how much it costs?

easy ... used first flight ... charged 60 or 70 rs, don't remember ... actually i had ordered the RAM in Nov. 1st week, got it in 2nd week, resent it in Dec. 1st week and got it back day before yesterday ... But the problem is still there ...

easy ... used first flight ... charged 60 or 70 rs, don't remember ... actually i had ordered the RAM in Nov. 1st week, got it in 2nd week, resent it in Dec. 1st week and got it back day before yesterday ... But the problem is still there ...
    So ebay is verrrrrry slow...idk why my seller replies only 1 time a day, really angry...should I contact ebay support? Now I am communicating via messages in ebay

Just send the RAM to him, then call him on his mobile / office number ... tell him that the RAM is on its way, should reach you in a day or two ... Then, do tell him that you expect the RAM back in your hands in a week, else you would have no choice but to contact e-bay support as the 1 month guarantee is running out ... that should surely wake him up from his slumber ...

@ All ...

Anyone who can help out with the RAM issue? Any tests I should run? Should I contact a local vendor?

any one who can answer this? Anyone?

any one who can answer this? Anyone?
    i sent my ram, waiting for new one...
    did you tell the ebay seller they its not working? try a local computer shop nearby...

Yes, I told the ebay seller that this is a faulty RAM, I tried it on both the slots, with and without the RAM I already have ... He sent me a replacement within a week and it isn't working either ...

Yes, I told the ebay seller that this is a faulty RAM, I tried it on both the slots, with and without the RAM I already have ... He sent me a replacement within a week and it isn't working either ...
    if the third ram fails,get the ram checked at local computer shop , if it didn't work there also, contact eBay for refund