desktop refusing to boot
Menu

digit

Thread: desktop refusing to boot

Broken In

Default desktop refusing to boot

hi everyone. today afternoon, while playing some songs, my pc got stuck (the same sound tone played briefly) and it stopped working. when i press the power button, the MoBo LEDs light up, the MoBo fans start, but the fan at the back of the cabby (connected to a fan power slot on the MoBo) does not start and also there is no display. seems like it's not getting into BIOS. i have tried changing the GPU, RAM, removed the CMOS battery, pulled out and plugged in the power cords on the MoBo, but no luck! any idea what might have gone wrong?
    Popular Gadget Deals
    C2D E8400 | 4GB DDR2 (800MHz) | 320GB + 500GB + 1TB | Gigabyte G41M Combo | Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 | Logitech MX518 | CM Silent Pro M700 | Corsair 400R | APC 1.1 KVA

Default Re: desktop refusing to boot

I Think I have doubt in your PSU . According to your signature , it is a Cooler Master One . It may have Blown .
    [b] Intel Core I5 2400 | Intel DH67CL B3 | Corsair Value Select 2x 4 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD | Asus DVD RW | CM Elite 310 | Corsair GS600 | Logitech MK200 | Creative Speakers | Samsung S20B300 | V Guard UPS | Intel HD 2000 | Nokia Lumia 520 | [/b]

In The Zone

If its not the psu than there are very mush chances that your mobo is burnt.
    Regards
    Frank
    http://www.testchief.com/

how many ram sticks?

is the pc stuck in a loop? (like, is there any pattern to the fan's speed? slow-fast-slow-fast?)

if you have multiple ram sticks, plug them in one by one, in different slots. borrow some ram sticks from someone and recheck.
    WTB skill. Addicted RIFTer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainatarajan View Post
    I Think I have doubt in your PSU . According to your signature , it is a Cooler Master One . It may have Blown .
    the PSU OP has is a pretty decent nme even if it's made by CM and post probably Op's mobo gone kaput - if it's in warranty time to RMA or else Op needs to get a new mobo.
    Who Dares Wins. No Retreat, No Surrender.

to add on what TopGear said, Silent Pro psu series is not the regular CM crap. it is their top end line. i'd willingly put one in my PC, if i could find one within my budget.

for CM, best stay away from eXtreme power and GX series. not very trustworthy, and barely better than the local iball, zebronics psu. (tho GX series is ok)

silent pro and real power are the only 2 products of their psu range you should really buy.

anyway, if the psu had died, then nothing would have worked. this is why we here at digit INSIST on putting high quality psu's in our rigs (think of it as a bullet proof vest. sure, it costs $$$$, but it saves your life which is >>>> ($/0) )
    WTB skill. Addicted RIFTer.