Advantages and disadvantages of "amd" processors in india over intel?
Menu

digit

View Poll Results: which motherbard is ideal for an AMD processor?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • ASUS

7 25.00%
  • GIGABYTE

15 53.57%
  • MSI

9 32.14%
  • BIOSTAR

1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advantages and disadvantages of "amd" processors in india over intel?

Right Off the Assembly Line

Default Advantages and disadvantages of "amd" processors in india over intel?

hi everyone,
    share your views regarding limitations or advantages of buying and using AMD processors in india.
    AMD doesnt have technical support base in india. is it a disadvantage?
    intel has been the first word of computer processor in india and computer non-experts and beginners themselves or by motivation goes in favour of intel in majority even 95%.
    the reason for starting this thread is i havent used AMD before and Intel i series processors even but while surfing the net for getting information for building my own pc, i learned that AMD are equally and sometimes more efficient than Intel and are low priced.
    inspite of these they are not the prominent processors in india. if you provide information and experience on this topic it will be helpful for me and also who are in dilemma in choosing processors.

Default Re: Advantages and disadvantages of "amd" processors in india over intel?

I use AMD Phenom II X4 940. Seemed the most VFM choice when I bought it. Many people are lied to. "Experts" tell them AMD overheats and similar nonsense. Buy the one which fits your budget and performance requirements. Keep an eye on upgrade options. Intel changes sockets fast, but AMD is a little slow on that front. This means that you can simply upgrade your processor and not the motherboard when you want to.
    [CENTER]Neo TDF > TDF 6.5
    Ignorance of [URL="http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/rules-announcements/147454-forum-rules-updated-january-26-2012-a.html"]FORUM RULES[/URL] is no defence.
    [/CENTER]

Default Re: Advantages and disadvantages of "amd" processors in india over intel?

THANK YOU SO MUCH KROW. HOW IS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE PHENOMII X4. WILL YOU DO GAMING? I HEARD AMD s ARE THE BEST FOR GAMING AND MULTIMEDIA.

Don't use capital fonts for every word - it means you're shouting.
    Last edited by topgear; 24-10-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: A little advice

and coz of this myth among vendors... it gives very less pay back when u go for selling ur AMD rig as compared to intel...
    i dnt understand y they have so much trust on intel proccy...

I'm now on AMD from my previous desktop & laptop which both used Intel processors. I'm happy with the switch & the VFM offered by AMD.
    [B]ShutterTux - Photography, Linux & Life![/B] : http://shuttertux.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by kadirmkarthik View Post
    share your views regarding limitations or advantages of buying and using AMD processors in india.
    We are getting the same cake (processor in this case) just like the rest of the world. "Limitations" are properly mentioned, if any, on hardware reviews.
    [URL="http://hardwarebbq.com"][B]Hardware BBQ[/B][/URL]

cpu benchmarks show higher values with advanced tasks for AMD than intel. in india the best ones are accepted and approved late.

I am yet to see anyone from the Indian media who are doing a proper review of a processor, let alone "approving" them. Say what you want, 2 hardware reviews in one page is anything but a hardware review and calling it as "putting it in layman's terms" is pure BS as it looks more like product placement ads like we have "brand power" ads on TV. It is extremely few numbers of contributors/power users in India who probably do it right and post it on forums/ own blogs (or keep it to themselves), but no1 yet from Indian media.

Also whenever AMD says these days that they are fast for multi-threaded apps, it usually the opposite in single threaded . AMD can put more cores on a processor for a cheap price, that's all I can say. Pure processing crunch, intel still holds the cake but depends which processor you're comparing to what.

Stick to reading reviews like anandtech. If you dedicate a little of time, patience, little bit brain stress and effort, such reviews/analysis actually spells out every little detail that one needs to know about processors, and the results on the bench is sort of like a mini version of which many end users can decide for themselves. Remember, in some reviews- the lesser time taken, the better. And don't forget the power consumption levels as well.

i3/i5 with h55 boards are great combos. I've advices few who went for H55M-usb3 and it turned out to be a great combo. So are some 890g boards+ hexacores. Stay away from el-cheapo boards no matter what you choose.

^^ hey y H55 only with i3/i5.. are they superior in performance or compatibility in comparision to P55?

^^ Refer to intel's website to know about the specs and compatibility. Do some RnD as there are lot of "down-to-earth-in-layman's-terms" content about i3/i5/i7 and /x58/p55/h55/h57 chipsets as far as compatibility and performance difference. Maybe intel's site has comparison option. But if you're expecting spoonfeeding, then I am sorry both of you guys need to learn to do basic research via google.

You can refer to review sites like anandtech, or else there's this: .::..::. The Overclocker - Sign Up Now .::..::.
    Last edited by The Sorcerer; 20-10-2010 at 12:20 PM.