Card Used/Needed -
SAPPHIRE HD 6950 1GB GDDR5
SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dirt3 Edition
Stock Settings (I am using a 1GB version) -
A Little Story Behind -
I had overclocked my card to 900/1275 and was going to overvolt to get further. Before that i decided to read some user experiences at newegg. Saw this -
So thats how the fun began.Bios Switch unlocks 6970 shaders.
How to Unlock -
1. You need to have a Sapphire HD6950 with a dual fan cooler. 1GB or 2GB both have good chance of unlocking.
2. Make sure the card is running at stock 800/1250.
3. Turn off the system, open the cabinet side panel and locate the BIOS Switch on the card. Its near crossfire bridge connector.
4. Flip the switch towards right.
6. Open GPU-Z and you shall see this hopefully -
7. Now you can overclock it to 880/1375 (the HD6970 speeds) (Note - Every card is different. Some cards may need overvolting to get to 880/1375. Overclock at your own risk)
My Overclocking Update -
This is at Stock Volt.
Temps during BC2 (UPRIVER) -
Benchmark Comparisons -