L.A.Noire installation problem
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: L.A.Noire installation problem

Default L.A.Noire installation problem

I have purchased LA Noire (paid,mind you).On installation I get the message that a mandatory patch needs to be downloaded.The first time i downloaded I got the full 100% download complete and after that...Nothing....I waited and waited and in the end I cancelled. I tried to reinstall the patch but I get this message now : PATCH UPDATE. Patch install Error. Message : Error binary patching file FileName LANlanuncher.exe. and there is an OK box. When I click on the OK the game starts to look for updates and then I just see the LA Noire Glowsign picture and nothing works. I was told to try reinstalling the game. i did that.no success. I was told to disable the antivirus.I did that too. Still no success.I have tried everything but nothing works. Can you tell me what I should do?

TeKky In Being
    [CENTER][B][URL="http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpccb17fg"]Sony VAIO VPCCB17FG[/URL]||Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc||PSP 3004[/B][/CENTER]

Default Re: L.A.Noire installation problem

I told u. I tried everything possible. This was the first thing I tried. It didnt help. It says..Navigate to C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire ( I did that)
    Remove any file with a .patched extension (there is no such file anywhere)
    Remove Social Club v1.0.5.0 Setup.exe (Cant be found)
    Run Patch_2382_02393_1.exe (Wont run.Reports Error message)
    Press Update (Doesnt help)
    Start Game via launcher (Same ole thing happens...u are stuck with the LA Noire Glowsign...just fiddle with ur u know what for a hour or more and u are still staring at the frigging glow sign...CRAP!)
    If the same thing happens, uninstall and re-install the full game and attempt to patch. If the same problem happens, repeat steps 1-6 above after consulting the tips below. (Did all that at least a dozen times....no success....)

In The Zone

I had the same problem too , but I didn't follow any of the steps outlined on Rockstar's site. You see, after downloading the patch and getting the patching error, I navigated to L.A Noire's folder. There, I ran the Patch_2382_02393_1.exe with ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES (Also disabled AV just for precaution).

It worked fine after that.
    Intel C2Q Q6600[b] | [/b]GA G41M-Combo[b] | [/b]Coolermaster Gemini II-S[b] | [/b]8GB DDR3 1333[b] | [/b]MSI GTX 560Ti[b] | [/b]Corsair TX750W

[b]SteamID[/b]: Tachyon1986 | [b]BF3[/b]: ttachyon1986 | [b]League of Legends[/b]: IKillLadyHawks

I did that too...even disabled Norton 360 as well as the firewall but I get the message : Error patching 114.Am clueless about what more I should do.

In The Zone

Quote Originally Posted by ghantaukay View Post
    I did that too...even disabled Norton 360 as well as the firewall but I get the message : Error patching 114.Am clueless about what more I should do.
    Do you have ZoneAlarm installed? If so, try disabling that as well. I'm at work right now , will be back with more details once I reach home. Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    Intel C2Q Q6600[b] | [/b]GA G41M-Combo[b] | [/b]Coolermaster Gemini II-S[b] | [/b]8GB DDR3 1333[b] | [/b]MSI GTX 560Ti[b] | [/b]Corsair TX750W

[b]SteamID[/b]: Tachyon1986 | [b]BF3[/b]: ttachyon1986 | [b]League of Legends[/b]: IKillLadyHawks

@ghantaukay:Check PM for instructions on resolving this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon1986 View Post
    Do you have ZoneAlarm installed? If so, try disabling that as well. Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    I dont have Zonealarm installed as I only use Norton 360.Always went for good paid stuff...and singed my fingers this time with Noire ! (much to the satisfaction of some of my pals who taunt me all the time for paying what they say comes free ... never followed their advice ....till now when my faith is shaking....)
    And thanks Quicky for the PM will follow your advice....

quicky..i did everything you advised but with no success...i installed the game with the chnage in the installation path by removing the gap etc but when I try to update the new copy of the patch (like i had been told) i get the same error message...binary etc etc....
    Last edited by ghantaukay; 21-01-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon1986 View Post
    . Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    That was said some eons ago and its a disgrace that I am still missing this "AWESOME" game coz I am unable to play it and I am also unable to get anyone to suggest what I should do. Everyone else is clueless I guess......

In The Zone

Have you tried posting on Rockstar's forums? I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.