L.A.Noire installation problem
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: L.A.Noire installation problem

Default L.A.Noire installation problem

I have purchased LA Noire (paid,mind you).On installation I get the message that a mandatory patch needs to be downloaded.The first time i downloaded I got the full 100% download complete and after that...Nothing....I waited and waited and in the end I cancelled. I tried to reinstall the patch but I get this message now : PATCH UPDATE. Patch install Error. Message : Error binary patching file FileName LANlanuncher.exe. and there is an OK box. When I click on the OK the game starts to look for updates and then I just see the LA Noire Glowsign picture and nothing works. I was told to try reinstalling the game. i did that.no success. I was told to disable the antivirus.I did that too. Still no success.I have tried everything but nothing works. Can you tell me what I should do?

TeKky In Being
    [CENTER][B][URL="http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpccb17fg"]Sony VAIO VPCCB17FG[/URL]||Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc||PSP 3004[/B][/CENTER]

Default Re: L.A.Noire installation problem

I told u. I tried everything possible. This was the first thing I tried. It didnt help. It says..Navigate to C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire ( I did that)
    Remove any file with a .patched extension (there is no such file anywhere)
    Remove Social Club v1.0.5.0 Setup.exe (Cant be found)
    Run Patch_2382_02393_1.exe (Wont run.Reports Error message)
    Press Update (Doesnt help)
    Start Game via launcher (Same ole thing happens...u are stuck with the LA Noire Glowsign...just fiddle with ur u know what for a hour or more and u are still staring at the frigging glow sign...CRAP!)
    If the same thing happens, uninstall and re-install the full game and attempt to patch. If the same problem happens, repeat steps 1-6 above after consulting the tips below. (Did all that at least a dozen times....no success....)

In The Zone

I had the same problem too , but I didn't follow any of the steps outlined on Rockstar's site. You see, after downloading the patch and getting the patching error, I navigated to L.A Noire's folder. There, I ran the Patch_2382_02393_1.exe with ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES (Also disabled AV just for precaution).

It worked fine after that.
    Intel C2Q Q6600[b] | [/b]GA G41M-Combo[b] | [/b]Coolermaster Gemini II-S[b] | [/b]8GB DDR3 1333[b] | [/b]MSI GTX 560Ti[b] | [/b]Corsair TX750W

[b]SteamID[/b]: Tachyon1986 | [b]BF3[/b]: ttachyon1986 | [b]League of Legends[/b]: IKillLadyHawks

I did that too...even disabled Norton 360 as well as the firewall but I get the message : Error patching 114.Am clueless about what more I should do.

In The Zone

Quote Originally Posted by ghantaukay View Post
    I did that too...even disabled Norton 360 as well as the firewall but I get the message : Error patching 114.Am clueless about what more I should do.
    Do you have ZoneAlarm installed? If so, try disabling that as well. I'm at work right now , will be back with more details once I reach home. Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    Intel C2Q Q6600[b] | [/b]GA G41M-Combo[b] | [/b]Coolermaster Gemini II-S[b] | [/b]8GB DDR3 1333[b] | [/b]MSI GTX 560Ti[b] | [/b]Corsair TX750W

[b]SteamID[/b]: Tachyon1986 | [b]BF3[/b]: ttachyon1986 | [b]League of Legends[/b]: IKillLadyHawks

@ghantaukay:Check PM for instructions on resolving this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon1986 View Post
    Do you have ZoneAlarm installed? If so, try disabling that as well. Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    I dont have Zonealarm installed as I only use Norton 360.Always went for good paid stuff...and singed my fingers this time with Noire ! (much to the satisfaction of some of my pals who taunt me all the time for paying what they say comes free ... never followed their advice ....till now when my faith is shaking....)
    And thanks Quicky for the PM will follow your advice....

quicky..i did everything you advised but with no success...i installed the game with the chnage in the installation path by removing the gap etc but when I try to update the new copy of the patch (like i had been told) i get the same error message...binary etc etc....
    Last edited by ghantaukay; 21-01-2012 at 11:42 AM.

. Shame you're missing this awesome game.
    That was said some eons ago and its a disgrace that I am still missing this "AWESOME" game coz I am unable to play it and I am also unable to get anyone to suggest what I should do. Everyone else is clueless I guess......

In The Zone

Have you tried posting on Rockstar's forums? I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Right off the assembly line

Exclamation Re: L.A.Noire installation problem

am having the same problem...error 114 patch install.
    Error binary patching fil fileName LANLauncher.exe

Did u find the solution yet. Have written to rockstar support...so want to play tis game NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by farsha20 View Post
    am having the same problem...error 114 patch install.
    Error binary patching fil fileName LANLauncher.exe

Did u find the solution yet. Have written to rockstar support...so want to play tis game NOW!
    farsha....did u get the help...i have written to rockstar and a guy called Kevin replied and told me to send mxdiag and msinfo files which i did and after that its like the quiet of the graveyard...no reply and this supposedly AWESOME game is lying in my drawer .... 4 months have passed yet no help from any side...just sooooo disgusted with rockstar....

Looks like these guys are promoting piracy, since you bought the game, get and play the pirated version
    Project Halcyon V3 - 2600k, Z68Vpro, R9280X , 2x4GB DDR3, G105, Deathadder
    Project Odeon V2 - Dell 15R N5520- i3 3110M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, HD 7670M
    Accessories - LG G2, Panasonic FZ150, Koss PortaPro, HD180, Netgear JNR1010

Smile Re: L.A.Noire installation problem

yes rockstar wrote to me...yipeeee!! said i have to send them the dxdiag and msinfo reports which i did and they replied saying my pc doesnt meet the minimum requirements!! hmm....time to change my pc or go buy a ps.

anyway my local store was kind enough to take the game back...phew!

whats so Yippee ! about that dude? You dont get to play this supposedly awesome game and I for one who bought it online from Flipkart dont get the refund since its already been 5 months. Will write to Rockstar and gift it to them to put it on their tombstone some day.

In The Zone

@ghantaukay,

Sadly, that's how DRM works. Some games become unplayable thanks to it. However, since you already have the original, I see no reason for you not to try a cracked update and no-cd crack for it.

can u suggest where and how I do this coz I have never downloaded a game from the internet and dont trust these cracks.

In The Zone

Well, discussing piracy on this site openly is against the rules. I'll send you a PM later.

Banned

Well, discussing piracy on this site openly is against the rules. I'll send you a PM later.
    Can we discuss piracy through pms then?

Right Off the Assembly Line

@ghantaukay : dont start l.a noire launcher instead try the main application file its arnd 9mb. i have same problem but it wrks wen u start game directly without launcher , u will get error message but the game wil strt.just click ok when it displays error message,sign in to social club and then game wil strt

Even I am also facing the same problem. Got my copy from Flipkart, and after installing the game, when I started it...there was nothing...
    I got the Flashing L.A. Noire Screen...and that's it...I waited for almost 15 minutes...tried to change settings...triend to put the commands as suggested in Rockstar forum...but nothing...
    My specs are fine....Performance Rating is 7.3 / 7.9
    MY RIG: Core i5 2500K 3.3 GHz, ASUS P8Z68-MPRO, ASUS GeForce 560 GTX 1GB DDR5, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, CM Elite 431 Plus, Corsair 600W SMPS, 1TB Seagate HDD, Razer Mouse and Keyboard, 22 Inch ViewSonic LED.

MY BLOG: [url]http://mystoryoflifeandlove.wordpress.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by ghantaukay View Post
    whats so Yippee ! about that dude? You dont get to play this supposedly awesome game and I for one who bought it online from Flipkart dont get the refund since its already been 5 months. Will write to Rockstar and gift it to them to put it on their tombstone some day.
    With Games Like GTA V and MAX PAYNE 3 pending for release i will hope that Rockstar's doomsday shouldnt arrive so early.
    [B]HCL ME[/B] | Intel i3 310M | 320 GB | 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz |

[B]HP ENVYM6 [/B]| Intel i5 3210M 2.5 GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz | AMD Radeon 7670M | 1TB

[B]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2[/B] |7.0 P31000

I got a reply from Rockstar support...they asked me to send the DXDIAG and MSINFO files...I will do it tonight...
    MY RIG: Core i5 2500K 3.3 GHz, ASUS P8Z68-MPRO, ASUS GeForce 560 GTX 1GB DDR5, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, CM Elite 431 Plus, Corsair 600W SMPS, 1TB Seagate HDD, Razer Mouse and Keyboard, 22 Inch ViewSonic LED.

Here is the solution that I got from the tech support:

First, update your graphic drivers: Drivers - GeForce

Secondly, make sure you have the following installed:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
    Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
    Download: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

As far as the NET framework on Windows 7 is concerned please disable the NET 4.0 from the services console:

Go to control panel -> Administrative tools -> Services
    Locate Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4
    Right click and select properties and set start-up type to Disabled (Or Set start-up type to Manual and then select stop).

Then enable the .NET 3.5 SP1:
    Turn Windows features on or off

Please be careful with the .NET framework. If you see an error message that looks like: [11/15/11,19:48:29] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework <X>is not installed. [11/15/11,20:27:01] Microsoft .NET Framework <X>: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework <X>. MSI returned error code 1603:
    Micorsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Error code 1603 - Microsoft Answers

If the .NET framework installation fail repeatedly:
    How to repair an existing installation of the.NET Framework
    You receive ?0x80070643? or ?0x643? error codes when you try to install .NET Framework updates through Windows Update or Microsoft Updates
    How to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista - Aaron Stebner&#39;s WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Then, make use of the following to address any system file error:

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically
    Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

Fix it Solution Center
    Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
    Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically

Then try to launch the game. If it doesn't start, please follow the instructions:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire
    Remove any file with a .patched extension
    Remove Social Club v1.0.5.0 Setup.exe
    Run Patch_2382_02393_1.exe
    Press Update
    Start Game via launcher
    If the same thing happens, uninstall and re-install the full game and attempt to patch. If the same problem happens, repeat steps 1-6 above after consulting the tips below.
    Tips:

Disable any anti-virus or firewall software that could interfere.

When the patch fails, try to press the HOME key to bring up the Social Club menu and try to create a profile or log into an existing one.

Be sure to run as Admin by right-clicking the LANLauncher executable, choosing to run as administrator.

Be sure after force quitting L.A. Noire to go to Task Manager and end all of the L.A. Noire-related processes before attempting the manual patch or re-launch of the game. You may see Patch_2382_02393_1.exe still running and several versions of LANoire.exe.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that port 443 is open. This is required to connect and patch the game.

Uninstall and re-install the game using a default path on the boot drive.
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling to either C:\Program Files\RockstarGames\L.A.Noire or C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\L.A. Noire (Win7 64-bit) on the boot drive
    Also ensure that you re-install or repair all of the required .NET/C++/DirectX components.

At this point, the game should work, but it it doesn't, please understand that there are several possible reasons why L.A. Noire could freeze or crash:

1. Anti-Virus: We are looking into an issue involving Norton flagging some L.A. Noire files as viruses. If you are experiencing this issue, please uninstall L.A. Noire completely and then update your virus definitions. Then re-install L.A. Noire and disable the anti-virus software, if needed..

The issue may be related to antivirus software removing or quarantining the "ypatcher.exe" file, which is needed during the synchronization process.

Here are a few known Norton issues:

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.
    File Actions

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\l.a.noire\lanoire.exe removed as virus
    c:\program files (x86)\rockstar games\social club\ypatcher.exe removed as virus

2. Firewalls or inability to connect to the Internet: Finally, be sure that your firewall is disabled or contains an exception for L.A. Noire so that the game can connect to the Internet at this point.

3. (If you are using Steam) Compatibility options set incorrectly on Steam. Make sure that Steam is not set to use Compatibility features.

Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\)
    Right click on Steam.exe, choose Properties.
    Click on the Compatibility tab.
    Uncheck any boxes that are checked, and click Apply.
    Then, click the "Show settings for all users" button.
    Again, make sure none of these boxes are checked, and click Ok.
    Click Ok to close any open dialog boxes.
    Double click on Steam.exe to launch Steam.

Long list to check....will try it in this weekend....

I have solved my problem with the patching error and can now play l a noire with preferences set to "quality" without any problem.

This is what I did so that you can help other players with similar problem.

1. I ran a registry cleaner (iobit advanced system care pro 5) and fixed the registry (not sure whether this helped).

2. Deleted the .patched files & socialclub.exe files from the l a noire game directory (the folder where I installed the game).

3. Now I right clicked over the file patch_2382_02614_1.exe and chose "run as administrator" and thereafter chose update and it all worked perfectly.

I can now play the game with preferences set to "quality" without any problem.

So the bottomline is that after deleting the .patched files & socialclub.exe files from the game directory one should update patch_2382_02614_1.exe only by right clicking on the file and choosing "run as administrator".

Thanks

drkspoddar

Alpha Geek

What is the size of patch_2382_02614_1.exe? I'm trying to solve a game launch issue here and it would help if I had this information. Mine is 181,029KB (176MB).

EDIT: Fixed all issues by installing the game in English (United States) language instead of English (United Kingdom) which I was doing earlier. The patch failed on initial setup but the steps from drkspoddar worked well this time compared to last time when they didn't work. Now I'm able to play this game.

Most problems seem to be related to the copy protection - it's doing some funny stuff such as putting in its own drivers and running the game in a sandbox with code obfuscation. This can cause problems with Anti-virus products and sometimes create exceptions within Windows.
    [i]Last edited by Happy Bytes: Today, at 3:45 AM. Reason: added a signature spreading worm....[/i]

@OP please mention your computer specs (mainly processor, ram, graphics)
    intel core2duo e7400 2.80GHz, intel DG41TY, Kingston 3 GB DDR2 800MHz, 1TB seagette SATA, 320 GB WD sata, samsung 22x DVD-RW, sapphire [B]AMD RADEON HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5[/B], CM xtremepower 600W, [B]logitech z506[/B], samsung BX2031N, HCL keyboard, microtek 600VA UPS, Microsoft XBOX360 controller, Nokia Xpressmusic 5320

I had the same problem too , but I didn't follow any of the steps outlined on Rockstar's site. You see, after downloading the patch and getting the patching error, I navigated to L.A Noire's folder. There, I ran the Patch_2382_02393_1.exe with ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES (Also disabled AV just for precaution).

It worked fine after that.
    thank you so much...i was about to lose my patience by following the troubleshooting steps on Rockstars site

Accelerator x, the size of patch_2382_02614_1.exe is 176 MB.

Shivam24, my computer specs are intel core 2 duo e8400 3 GHz, nvidia gtx 460 1 GB, 6 GB RAM, windows 7 64 bit home basic.

Alpha Geek

I'll give some tips for those having trouble getting the game to run:

1) If the patcher succeeds and then the game refuses to start, uninstall and reinstall and let it patch again.
    2) Sometimes the patcher itself will fail. In that case you need to manually run the patch file after deleting the *.patched files from the game directory.
    3) Install the game in English (US) language.

These problems are all avoided in the steam version, the main issue is the GameShield DRM which is doing very funny stuff with the memory.
    [i]Last edited by Happy Bytes: Today, at 3:45 AM. Reason: added a signature spreading worm....[/i]