MohanDas Gandhi was the one who brought us freedom?? - Page 3
Menu

digit

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MohanDas Gandhi was the one who brought us freedom??

Default Re: MohanDas Gandhi was the one who brought us freedom??

I dont know how much true is the story which I am going to present. But this was told to me by a friend of mine who lives in Allahabad, the same city in which Chandrashekhar Azad commited suicide. The same place nowdays is called "shaheed park" and its located not far away from the residence of Pandit Nehru; " Anand Bhawan". The story was told to my friend by an old watchman of anand bhawan.

When the police was after Azad, he went to Nehru's house and asked for his help. But Nehru asked Azad to go out of his house as the former never wanted police to enter his house. He therefore, sent chandrashekar azad out of his house to the streets outside. It was that time when Azad went to the park and commited suicide (with the last bullet of his gun).

I dont know how much truth is there in the story and I do not guarantee about any facts but if it is to be believed, then its worth a tale.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0, XFX 650i ultra, XFX 8600GT 512MB, Seagate 320GB, Altec Lansing ATP3, 2x1GB 800MHz, 19" Viewsonic VA1912WB, LiteOn DVD burner, Logitech K/B, mouse, Amigo 500W PSU, Local Cabby.

Beneath The Eyelids The Outsider's Avatar

gandhi and nehru were "politicians", i think that sums it up

^^
    +1

left this forum longback praka123's Avatar

but...M K Gandhi -his ideologies are still respected(ahimsa esp) around the world.
    left this forum long back.Admin Can Delete this Account and posts Permanantly.Thank You
    Get GNU/Linux - http://getgnulinux.org

To an extent Gandhi gave British some trouble. But giving him full credit for the independence was non-sense. The most influential factor was world war II obviously so in effect Hitler is responsible for India's independence .
    People like Gandhi and Nehru were shrewd politicians. Gandhi should not be given so much credit that he gets. It is the current set of politicians that have projected him as a great national icon and a hero for their peronal agendas. I would not say that what Godse did was correct but Gandhi was definetely not the Hero that he is projected to be. Infact all the other people get masked because of him.
    It is said that the people who enjoy the credit of any deed are not really the people who necessarily do the deed,
    Anyways I have respect for him.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.

[B]SteamID: [/B][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/id/pranavdes"]pranavdes[/URL] | [B]Origin: [/B]​pranavdes

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawler
    It is the current set of politicians that have projected him as a great national icon and a hero for their peronal agendas
    It is us who are studying Gandhi's life in young classes.for me atleast i remember "memoirs of gandhi" which i had studied in 8th or so.
    left this forum long back.Admin Can Delete this Account and posts Permanantly.Thank You

Exactly. Thats the point, I mean why are we told about Gandhi again and again and again when there are other Historic Events happening in the world as well. Why is not it being changed? If you personally wish to study more about Gandhi that is fine but I for one remember here in Mumbai from standard 3rd I think or 4th to 10 we have had 3 or 4 encounters of Gandhi and 'His Freedom Struggle' when we could have studied more recent events in History or other events for example Chinese Civ or American Independence or Russian Civil War in more details.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.

[B]SteamID: [/B][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/id/pranavdes"]pranavdes[/URL] | [B]Origin: [/B]​pranavdes

even better the reality behind "Moplah rebellion,wagon tragedy" or "Khilafath Movement" -in kerala how many hindu's are looted and killed and converted
    ^^^we are taught in kerala that these are all "freedom struggles" but the reality is killing our own people.why cant the gov shows the power to get reality in history for kids
    sry if it is offtopic.kids are learning wrong info. britishers are enemy for a particular area and for some religion.but in Travancore-Cochin states atleast it was british who saved from satanic ,Hyder ali,tippu from looting and conversion which they did in malabar also lot of developments and english education.i am not justifying british.

It all comes down to the politicans and their wants and vote bank politics. This selective masking of history, glorifying certain things which are not necessary and not giving out the truth or falsification of truth or withholdng some information. It is for the people to see this things but most of the times politicans are successful in their motives and people become easily blinded. I hope that exposure to Internet opens people's eyes to real truth. Although Internet has been used to exploit and not necessarily everything on Internet and Wikipedia is true.

I had read a book written on the life of Nathuram Godse. It was written such that it felt like his autobiography. In that book it was written how he grew up and feelings for his country developed in him. And then when he came to know of Gandhi. There are some facts in that book that you'll never hear any where. He tells that he respected Gandhi for all the good he done. But he also knew that if Gandhi continued, he'll do more harm than good. Therefore he thought, to save his country, he must take some action and decided to kill gandhi. Also throughout the book, he referred to Gandhi's murder as 'Gandhi Vadh'. When you kill someone bad for a good reason and for everyones benefit, its called 'Vadh' in hindi/marathi.

He also mentiones, that although Gandhi wore a dhoti saying many people in india have no money for clothes, he also had a goat outside his house to get fresh goat milk which he had everyday with various expensive dry fruits, like almonds, etc. He also had a daily oil massage for his body. He also lead a pretty lavish life. All this was seen by Nathuram by his own eyes.

The biggest eye opener that i read in the book, the one which has been taught in school since ages, was the fact that Gandhi said "Hey Ram" before dying. Nathuram said that he was a few feet away when he died and if Gandhi had indeed said anything of that sort, he would've been the first to hear. But he said the Gandhi only made small sound (he had described the sound in the book, however i do not remember it) and then collapsed. It was the congress people who then spread the idea that Gandhi said "Hey Ram".

There are several such dirty secrets of our so-called Father of our nation in the book, however i do not remember it. Reading it did nothing else but fill me with hatred for Gandhi, for what he really was and what he was made out to be. The book was in Marathi named 'Sagara Agasti Alaa'. If anyone of you can read marathi, i definitely recommend you read this book. Its definitely an eye opener.
    Last edited by krazzy; 06-11-2007 at 11:47 PM.