Preview + Feedback [December 2010]
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

Default Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

***December Special Issue***

It's that time of the year again! Our December issue is a special issue, and this month, we've raised the bar even higher. We're offering prizes, discounts coupons and vouchers like never before. We have made sure no one is left out. The Collector's issue with 150+ pages, DIY Fast Track to Build your own Robot, the 2010 A-List Pocket Book, 3 dual-layer DVDs, gifts, vouchers, discount and training coupons are all up for grabs – totalling to an unbelievable Rs. 8 crore! Hurry and get your copy today...

Fast Track to Build your Robot- As kids, most of us have been fascinated by the world of robotics. With this Fast Track, we give you an opportunity to bring this fascination to reality. We assume you have no prior experience in robotics or electronics, and guide you through the electronics and mechanics involved in assembling the circuit, building the mechanical body, and writing the code. You'll find all the instructions in a step by step manner with a detailed instructional video on this month's DVD.

2010 A-List Pocket Booklet – After a year of tested products, reviews and verdicts, it's time for our sign of approval on the products of 2010. A compilation of 200+ products across 20 categories, this book will be your handy pocket guide in all valuable buying decisions regarding top contenders, specifications, features and test results this year.

Speed up your Life – Are you clogged down because of a slow life? Can't seem to figure out your sluggish PC? Still stuck with you age old inert cell phone? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then you need our “Speed up your Life” cover feature. Our detailed guide shows you how to speed up Windows 7, Ubuntu, your browser, your gaming experience, your social networking skills and much more...

We built India's fastest PC, and we love every bit of it – Check out this beast unleashed at out Test Centre..

Alpha DVD – By Demand special – All left out demands + Award winning short animations by Frameboxx

Omega DVDDon't Miss - Mega Movie of the month – Yes Men save The World (2009) – Trouble making duo Mike and Andy get some revenge for the Bhopal Gas tragedy victims.

Collectors DVD – All past issues of Digit + Over 2000+ Tips and Tricks in search able format

Can you resist the temptation?

Features in the Magazine
    Firefox, fall of the mighty browser? – Find out what went wrong with the biggest most popular browser we all loved.
    Linux vs. Windows – The eternal debate! Find out who emerged victorious!
    Speed up your PC without over clocking + How to upgrade smartly?
    World View – Our pick of the best tech articles from around the world. How many cores is too many? Find out your need then decide what best suits you. Check out what Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says at the launch of Facebook mail and much more...

Tech@Work– Working with Python – A quick and dirty tutorial – A language that has its friends in all high places, lets say Google for starters – learning Python, Numbers in Python, Strings in Python and more...

SKOAR! reviews The football game of the season FIFA 11 + the much awaited Civilization V

Bazaar reviews
    Your navigational companion is also a phone – Garmin ASUS A 10
    Nikon D3100 – Compelling offer for entry-level seekers
    Fresh apples in the Pod – iPod 4G
    Extra value for money with this Android Froyo phone – LG Optimus One
    DELL Inspiron M501R, Zotac Ge Force GTX 580 plus much more

DIY Build your own Android application using Google's App Inventor – Find software on the DVD

DVD Contents at a glance
    Alpha DVD
    Frameboxx Animations – Award winning films from India's animator talent pool
    Must watch images from Wikimedia
    Linux Video shows and Podcasts
    Sifar - Full Hindi music Rock Album

Omega DVD
    Mega Movie - The Yes Men Fix the World (2009)
    Make your own Android app with Android App inventor
    Video Tutorials - Building Dynamic Websites
    200+ HD Wallpapers

Collectors DVD
    100+ past issues of Digit
    2000+ Tips & Tricks Archive in search able format
    Digit TV - Build your own Robot
    Hand picked - Speed Up apps to ease your life

**Get your copy today**

For full list of DVD contents click here

So people what do you think?
    Last edited by echoplxx; 02-12-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Popular Gadget Deals

Right Off the Assembly Line

Default Re: Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

A must buy issue.
    Last edited by sougatanandy; 01-12-2010 at 04:18 PM.

wow looks great.. waiting for courier to deliver it
    Regards,
    Milind_Koyande_a_K_a_MaxMK

[B][URL="http://www.esds.co.in"]Fully Managed Datacenter[/URL][/B] | [B][URL="http://www.eitwebguru.com"]Windows & Linux Tweaks[/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://www.sitemarks.in"]Indian Social Bookmarking[/URL][/B] | [B][URL="http://www.funsack.com"]HQ Wallpapers[/URL][/B]

thanks for preview waiting for my copy
    [TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR][TD]Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9Ghz[/TD][TD]Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H[/TD][TD]Kingston 2x2 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3[/TD][TD]WDC 500Gb Green[/TD][TD]Palit GTS 250 512mb[/TD][TD]Tagan 500W[/TD]
    [TD]Samsung B2030[/TD][TD]Lg DVD Writer[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Whats the price for this bomb?
    Check my work at:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/vimaljoshi[/url]

great issue...
    but tell me the price

is it 250?
    Apple MACBOOK PRO||NOKIA E6||

LOL: Its Rs 250.00, i checked with the main website, then what is special about this Issue.

Charging Rs 100 extra and providing one DVD and 1 fast track for free. Lol how its free then?

This price hike in not good. Seriously I oppose it strongly. So not buying this issue against the price hike.
    Check my work at:

Quote Originally Posted by drsubhadip View Post
    great issue...
    but tell me the price

is it 250?
    Yes, like any special issue its priced at Rs. 250

Smile Re: Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

wowwwwww,, just a great issue, waiting to get hands on it!!!!!!

Right Off the Assembly Line pushpipsu's Avatar

its worth buying!

worth rs250...those who r complaining, digit gave everyone of us a chance to get it for rs200...so nobody should complain

Alpha DVD – By Demand special – All left out demands + Award winning short animations by Frameboxx
    OMG you guys included Frameboxx (My Institute video's) thanks you so much hope u included 1 Life too.

Tech@Work– Working with Python – A quick and dirty tutorial – A language that has its friends in all high places, lets say Google for starters – learning Python, Numbers in Python, Strings in Python and more...
    thanks finally you added python tuts too..

Video Tutorials - Building Dynamic Websites
    Thanks hope one day i will create my own

This Issue is worth to buy for me at Rs.250.But i got a clear massage net time i will demand all request after October so that they can fulfill in next December LOL
    [SPOILER]AMD Phenom 1055T @3.5 GHz|| MSI 890 GXM- G65||12 G.B G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz || Segate 500 GB*2 + 1T.B|| CM 690 II Advance|| Cosair TX650M|| MSI NGTX 460 || APC 650 || WD MY Passport 500 G.B USB 3.0 ||[/SPOILER]

Simply a DIGITian krishnandu.sarkar's Avatar

Tutorial on Python is really an awesome idea
    • Read The Forum RULES First.
    • Before PM'ing Or Asking Any Questions To Any Mod Read The FAQ's
    • Before Starting A New Thread Read The STICKY THREADS First
    • Before Participating In Bazaar Section Read The BAZAAR RULES

Rs.500/- discount coupon for training.com is the gift.....how many of us would really use it

Quote Originally Posted by pushpipsu View Post
    its worth buying!

worth rs250...those who r complaining, digit gave everyone of us a chance to get it for rs200...so nobody should complain
    increasing the price and the giving a discount? is that the chance?
    Last edited by rajivnedungadi; 01-12-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Movie Databases: Free Download: http://www.4shared.com/dir/rjI50qqm/Databases_2010.html
    http://shop.ebay.in/merchant/taurusoft.india

Quote Originally Posted by echoplxx View Post
    Yes, like any special issue its priced at Rs. 250
    Great issue, received email that my digit magazine has been dispatched !! Voila !! worth 250rs Digit is the No.1 Technology magazine and it will live the same for another 100 years to come

Thanks to team digit.

PS: my subscription ends this December and will surely renew it

Looks great!! Where are you post man??

Nice I will surely Buy!
    My Speed http://www.speedtest.net/result/1033703140.png

Sorry,250 is too high for me.....
    Never buy any fcking Palit card & stay away from MD Computers(Kolkata),they sell physically damaged card.

Quote Originally Posted by Prakash29617 View Post
    OMG you guys included Frameboxx (My Institute video's) thanks you so much hope u included 1 Life too.

thanks finally you added python tuts too..

Thanks hope one day i will create my own

This Issue is worth to buy for me at Rs.250.But i got a clear massage net time i will demand all request after October so that they can fulfill in next December LOL
    Yes Prakash 1 Life movie is there, were you involved in its making? Good to know that you are excited about the issue.. let us know what you think..

Right Off the Assembly Line

Quote Originally Posted by toofan View Post
    LOL: Its Rs 250.00, i checked with the main website, then what is special about this Issue.

Charging Rs 100 extra and providing one DVD and 1 fast track for free. Lol how its free then?

This price hike in not good. Seriously I oppose it strongly. So not buying this issue against the price hike.

This edition contents really sounds good. but yes digit has raised the price, and says "its free". How is it free then?
    Digit is boasting that they are giving it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivnedungadi View Post
    Rs.500/- discount coupon for training.com is the gift.....how many of us would really use it

increasing the price and the giving a discount? is that the chance?

i remember, last time also DIGIT has given some training course coupons.
    Really who would use them? its not worth providing those coupons. Again this time digit has come up with those coupons.

Has DIGIT had any agreement with that training provider?????????????? it sounds to me so.

Digit, if you can, please provide coupons which most of the people can use them.
    Last edited by ravindarjobs; 02-12-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great one. A must buy like everyother issue .

Quote Originally Posted by echoplxx View Post
    Yes Prakash 1 Life movie is there, were you involved in its making? Good to know that you are excited about the issue.. let us know what you think..
    I wish i could , whech they started makes aquaris(By rinesh sir), 1 life(Kirat Gurang Sir) and double trouble(By Ram Lawrance sir) I was is my perproduction , this time i gave a test for frameflxx 3 but didn't qualify , next time i will try ....
    I already informed to kirat sir and ram sir that you guys are sharing our frameboxx Freame fleix videos via twittter
    [SPOILER]AMD Phenom 1055T @3.5 GHz|| MSI 890 GXM- G65||12 G.B G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz || Segate 500 GB*2 + 1T.B|| CM 690 II Advance|| Cosair TX650M|| MSI NGTX 460 || APC 650 || WD MY Passport 500 G.B USB 3.0 ||[/SPOILER]

If they are so keen on giving coupons then why not give us coupon of Rs 450(Rs 50 less) to purchase the Digit magazine itself for three months.
    Check my work at:

Banned

Ha Ha Ha !! Are we fools ??!! Most of the DVD content can be download FREE from the internet. Nothing NEW in this issue.

** NO FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE (Popular Titles) **

** NO FREE FULL VERSION GAME (New Games) **

** Tutorial videos are all available at Y@u Tube **

Digit could have bundle any POPULAR Anitvirus Program as FREE bundle or at discounted price !! All Antivirus Companies are looking for sponsors !!!

Digit could have given FREE Microsoft Technical EVENTS pass.

Digit could have tied-up with Microsoft Student Program to distribute FREE software

Overall Dissatisfied with this issue.

Thumbs down Re: Preview + Feedback [December 2010]

Disastrous! DON'T BUY!

I purchased a copy from the stands today and the gifts are a waste

1. There is no unique code in my magazine so I will not be able to redeem the Rs.50/- discount coupon from digit nor would I be able to use it to redeem the discount on the course from training.com worth Rs.500/- so gifts worth Rs.550/- is a WASTE for me. Its the same code for both the so called "gifts". I have written to digit regarding the same and I am sure I won't get a reply ever in my life.

2. The Digit Advertisement Coupon is on the back of the Fast Track, in this world of Internet and email, they want us to cut the back page of the fast track and send it to them with the advertisement on a CD/DVD and they know it very well that no one will do it. Therefore that Rs.500/- "worth" gift is also useless.

3. The back cover says that there is 8 Crore worth of gifts, it creates an impression that each issue has gifts worth Rs.8 Crores.

4. Collectors DVD: OpenSUSE 11.3 released long back but digit has provided the milestone edition of the same.

5. Collectors DVD: Digit Archives only till March 2010

6. Omega DVD: Movie, "The Yes Men Fix The World: For a moment I thought that I was watching doordarshan, its no movie its some documentary.

I have not checked the magazine contents after all the above disasters.
    Movie Databases: Free Download: http://www.4shared.com/dir/rjI50qqm/Databases_2010.html
    http://shop.ebay.in/merchant/taurusoft.india

Manchester United <3 Ishu Gupta's Avatar

Don't see anything cool.
    Not buying.

will check out the DVD contents and comment later.

Anyway, Thanks for this "Special" Issue preview.
    Who Dares Wins. No Retreat, No Surrender.

@rajivnedungadi
    Thanks for ur feedback.

@topgear
    Waiting for ur review too.

BTW,the price Rs.200/- was good for Special Edition.....
    Never buy any fcking Palit card & stay away from MD Computers(Kolkata),they sell physically damaged card.

BE FREE

oh no, it seems, have wasted 200/- bucks.....................
    I5 3570K, Asus P8Z77 V Pro, G Skill RipjawsX 1600 8GB, Corsair TX 750 V2, Gfx..................waiting
    "To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." ~ Copernicus

How can you guys be so naive? For all those who are complaining, did you even go through the Magazine? A- list booklet? and DVD contents properly? It seems that the complainers just rushed through the stuff halfheartedly and never even bothered to have a detailed look before posting comments.
    May be this would clear some air:
    For the DVDs
    Free Full games: Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Tremulous, Street Fighter and GTA2
    Video tutorials – Haven't people been demanding these specific videos for a long time? And no they are not on Youtube! They are available on Academic Earth. Visit http://academicearth.org, search for Professor- David J Malan.
    Subscription for SIX months for Trustport Antivirus and a month long subscription for Norton was provided in November issue which was provided specially for Digit readers. These were not at discounted prices, they were provided for FREE! There are two free for home use Antivirus this time - AVG and Avast.
    OpenSuse 11. 3 is the latest version. 11.4 is still not stable, hence did not provide that.
    Digit Archives are there from 2001 till March 2010, there are more than 100+ issues of the magazine in PDF format. I don't understand what's the complain here!
    Did you even bother to see The Yes Men Fix the World? How's it even remotely connected to Doordarshan? It's a funny take on how big corporations exploit poor people and take away their rights, it tries to solve some serious issues in the world. Do you even know what impact it had on huge companies like DOW? NO! because you did not bother to check it out! And posted some half cooked stories on the forum..

Team Digit

Quote Originally Posted by rajivnedungadi View Post
    Disastrous! DON'T BUY!

I purchased a copy from the stands today and the gifts are a waste

1. There is no unique code in my magazine so I will not be able to redeem the Rs.50/- discount coupon from digit nor would I be able to use it to redeem the discount on the course from training.com worth Rs.500/- so gifts worth Rs.550/- is a WASTE for me. Its the same code for both the so called "gifts". I have written to digit regarding the same and I am sure I won't get a reply ever in my life.

2. The Digit Advertisement Coupon is on the back of the Fast Track, in this world of Internet and email, they want us to cut the back page of the fast track and send it to them with the advertisement on a CD/DVD and they know it very well that no one will do it. Therefore that Rs.500/- "worth" gift is also useless.

3. The back cover says that there is 8 Crore worth of gifts, it creates an impression that each issue has gifts worth Rs.8 Crores.

4. Collectors DVD: OpenSUSE 11.3 released long back but digit has provided the milestone edition of the same.

5. Collectors DVD: Digit Archives only till March 2010

6. Omega DVD: Movie, "The Yes Men Fix The World: For a moment I thought that I was watching doordarshan, its no movie its some documentary.

I have not checked the magazine contents after all the above disasters.
    If you would closely watch the movie "The Yes Men Fix The World", you will realise why it is special to us as Indians.

Also, the fact is that Digit is giving prizes worth Rs. 8 crores, and each reader has an assured gift.

As far as the Digit advertisement goes, you can advertise your business or service with us. That is a method of validation that our reader is getting a service and it is for tracking purposes.

We will revert back to you, after looking into the matter regarding the unique code.