Which inverter to buy??
Menu

digit

Thread: Which inverter to buy??

Default Which inverter to buy??

i am thinking of getting a inverter in my house as a lot of power cut procedures has started in my city.

Today, i want to few shops for buying inverters from where I selected these:
    1. Genus 800 VA sine wave home ups
    2. luminous 800 VA

i want to know which of these i should buy, if requirements are to run a computer ( a must) , a tv with tatasky (a must), 2 fans (atleast), 4 cfls(lights).

i want to use these in place of my ups of my computer.

one more question 800 VA will provide power to these.

my comp
    smps = 400 watt (written)
    lg 700e 17" monitor (crt)
    a sound system (50watts-60watts)

i want the inverter to provide power to my computer in case i don't use ups.

i need really quick help.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    We must accept finite dissapointment. But we must never loose infinite hope.

www.VideoEditingIndia.com VideoEditingIndia's Avatar

Default Re: Which inverter to buy??

800VA = 800*0.6w=480w load is better. 528w is maximum and 540w is the deadline.

I suggest, not to connect a PC with Inverter. Use your UPS with Inverter! Inverter will not regulate the AC Power. (I hope you will get a Pure SineWave inverter, if not avoid using the UPS with Inverter).

I use a servo stabilizer (For 230v AC out) -> Pure Sinewave Inverter (For Long DC to AC Backup time) -> APC 800VA UPS (Broadband Surge prot) -> PC

800VA is enough for around 500w, but buy atleast 1KVA.

I suggest you to go for Numeric Inverters, if money is not a fact for you (It cost around 20k for 1KVA). Avoid buying Su-kam or imported inverters, you can even try Microtek. Liminous is ok. No idea about Genus. I am happy with Numeric, may be the best brand in India...
    Last edited by VideoEditingIndia; 29-05-2007 at 01:15 AM.
    TATASafariClub.com - Its only for MEN - News, Tips, Photos & Guidelines for Men!

VideoEditingIndia.com - Film, Audio, Video Editing & Compositing - Get movie Night Right!

Hi guys ,
    Even I am planning to buy an inverter soon. We already have an inverter(700VA) but it is 6 years old. It is local made (Legend) and it gives very less power backup around 2 hours when fully charged with very less load than earlier i.e only 2 fans , 2 tubelights and a TV. Now , I want to know that do inverters also gets weak with time , I mean will an old inverter give less backup with same battery than a new one , ofcourse both being same in configuration???
    Now , I want to buy a new inverter which can handle the load of 2 coolers , 4 Tubelights, TV and my PC , giving a backup of around 6 hours .
    Please tell me the best brand and model with rating .
    Money is not a strict constraint but ofcourse the cheaper the better for me to convince my dad. Please reply soon....
    n00b forever...

You can connect your pc to the inverter if you use the APC 800 VA UPS for the home segment. Will cost you around Rs. 10000 I think
    http://www.neville.in
    http://www.linuxrocks.in
    "The Future Is Open"