Galaxy Note 10.1 or Ipad 4
Menu

digit

Thread: Galaxy Note 10.1 or Ipad 4

In The Zone

Default Galaxy Note 10.1 or Ipad 4

I wanna buy a tab,should i go for Ipad or galaxy note n800?

Firecracker to the moon theserpent's Avatar

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1 or Ipad 4

nexus 10
    Hmm

the ipad anyday...
    it is THE benchmark for tablets nowadays..
    however powerful and better its competitors be the ipad still sells and sells in hordes.
    [SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER]Spoiler-ception.[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Almost all *useful and good* ipad apps are paid or "not free". I don't understand why no one takes this into account before deciding to buy an ipad.
    Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 - Intel Core i5-3337U | AMD Radeon HD 8730M 2GB | 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | 1TB HDD | Windows 8 x64 |Brushed Aluminum finish chassis
    LG XG1 2 TB External HDD
    Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

Yep, Nexus 10

Anyways, why do you want a tablet? what are you gonna use it for?
    HP Pavillion dv4 3016tx | i5 2.33GHz | ATI HD6750M 1GB | 4GB RAM | 500GB HDD
    Grado SR60i | Panasonic HJE120 | Soundmagic E10 | Soundmagic PL50 | Signature Acoustics C-12 | Sony MDR-XB90EX | Lumia 920 (RIP) | Lumia 520 | Nokia N70 | Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
    Canon EOS 600D | 18-55mm IS II f3.5-5.6 | 50mm f1.8
    www.flickr.com/photos/91328332@N07/sets/72157632798523688/

Quote Originally Posted by rahulpv102 View Post
    the ipad anyday...
    it is THE benchmark for tablets nowadays..
    however powerful and better its competitors be the ipad still sells and sells in hordes.
    Nop, Benchmarks leaked from a site say the the dual core proxxy in nexus 10 beats all the tablets out there,Yes even you IPAD!

http://www.androidauthority.com/exynos-5-dual-benchmarks-125134/
    Hmm

In The Zone

Quote Originally Posted by SahilAr View Post
    I wanna buy a tab,should i go for Ipad or galaxy note n800?
    It depends on which ecosystem you prefer. want more customization go for Android, if you want great apps go for iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by theserpent View Post
    Nop, Benchmarks leaked from a site say the the dual core proxxy in nexus 10 beats all the tablets out there,Yes even you IPAD!
    http://www.androidauthority.com/exyn...hmarks-125134/
    oh i didnt see that coming, Exynos 5 beats the krap out of all other Socs including newest Apple A6 in browser benchmarks, i guess performance boost is likely to be double the Exynos 4412 quad. Mali T-604 Vs SGX 543MP4 should be the Real Clash of Titans.

but i think apps are the main reason iPad is selling so much. Android Tablets Apps are heavily criticized for being resized phone apps & functionality issues. I hope google is focusing on this, encourage development besides bringing out nexus 10.
    Last edited by ajaymailed; 28-10-2012 at 12:43 AM.

http://www.androidauthority.com/exyn...hmarks-125134/
    It did beat the I pad 3rd Gen with a5x now lets wait and see what a6x inside 4th Gen I pad has to offer

In The Zone

I am considering a tab for reading ebooks,playing videos,playing "HD" Games and for music etc...The tab will be used for mainly reading books and playing "HD" Games.I was considering Note n800 for the spen,i heard it is very good for drawing etc?

What tablet.. Get nexus 10
    Pantech Burst, Sammy NP550P5C-S02IN, Digiflip GM001

Battlefield 4- bit.ly/pratyush997bf4

[Tutorial] Genymotion | Android On PC - bit.ly/Z21SrJ

Quote Originally Posted by nikufellow View Post
    It did beat the I pad 3rd Gen with a5x now lets wait and see what a6x inside 4th Gen I pad has to offer
    It got more than Iphone 5 too .
    Apple will surely come out with ipad 5 this feb/march, They'll have too much heat with this tablet.
    And then again they'll suffer when nexus 7 (2) comes
    Hmm

In The Zone

Quote Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
    What tablet.. Get nexus 10
    And why not Note n800?I guess Spen is not there on Nexus 10?

Apple will surely come out with ipad 5 this feb/march, They'll have too much heat with this tablet.
    Jealousy and Jealousy!They all hate each other very badly!That's why apple released a new ipad just after 6 months release of a new ipad!And ya they're gonna suffer again when nexus(2) will release.But what about spen?It makes the tablet even more creative and what about multiscreen functionality?I guess it's missing on both ipad and nexus 10.

I would highly suggest the new 4th Generation iPad... it is unbeatable...

Or maybe wait a few months for the Nexus 10 tablet...

Completely avoid the Note tablet... or any of the older Samsung tablets... there are all garbage compared to the iPad...
    Daily Driver -- Galaxy Nexus Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies

Right Off the Assembly Line

Get Ipad 4 its no brainer,You cant compare bmw to maruti.
    Sony vaio vpcf11joeh (intel core i5 ,6gb DDR3,320gb hdd,bluray r/rw,1080p LED DISPLAY 16.6",nvidia geforce GT330m,windows 7 ultimate 64bit,)
    Next laptop Apple macbook pro 15"

I have ipad 3 should I upgrade to iPad 4

Broken In

Forget the'I' go for Nexus 10
    .....according to the Brief Mobile report the Nexus 10 is expected to be a powerhouse. They are reporting an incredible 10.1-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 25601600 pixels converting to 298.9 pixels per inch, a 1.7GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos 5250 processor built on the ARM Cortex A15 design, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, NFC, dual-side speakers like the Galaxy Note 10.1 and a 5-megapixel rear camera along side a front facing camera. The device is apparently running Android 4.2, but there is no word on the Key Lime Pie nomenclature....
    From Google Nexus 10 gets pictured three days before announcement | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

If just specs and benchmarks matters to you and crappy up scaled phone apps is okay then wait for nexus 10 ! Btw between n800 and I pad you can choose the ipad blindfold!

That doesn't matter y compare tablets to phones? Apple has already claimed that a6x in ipad4 has 2x the cpu /gpu performance of already impressive a5x! Moreover I think the 3rd gen ipads have been discontinued!

Quote Originally Posted by SIDDHARTH.BEAM View Post
    I have ipad 3 should I upgrade to iPad 4
    Nah! Apart from performance improvements due to newer doc, ipad4 is in all other ways similar to ipad3!

In The Zone

Thanks for the reply guys.I have finally decided to go with Nexus 10.But i am also considering upgrading my htc chacha,may be i could sell it!The screen is very small for gaming and the camera is not that great at all.So i am considering these two options:
    1.Keep htc chacha and continue using it as phone and buy ipod touch for entertainment.
    2.Sell Htc chacha and buy Nexus 4.
    Above both options,which option should i go for?

Thanks for the reply guys.I have finally decided to go with Nexus 10.But i am also considering upgrading my htc chacha,may be i could sell it!The screen is very small for gaming and the camera is not that great at all.So i am considering these two options:
    1.Keep htc chacha and continue using it as phone and buy ipod touch for entertainment.
    2.Sell Htc chacha and buy Nexus 4.
    Above both options,which option should i go for?
    Since you are going to buy nexus10, I'd suggest you keep your chacha and buy a 5th gen iPod so that you'll be able to enjoy best of both worlds - IOS and Android!

In The Zone

Quote Originally Posted by nikufellow View Post
    Since you are going to buy nexus10, I'd suggest you keep your chacha and buy a 5th gen iPod so that you'll be able to enjoy best of both worlds - IOS and Android!
    That was what i was thinking,but since i will have to use it for 3-4 years,are both of my choices somewhat future proof?the resolution of ipod touch 5g is not hd,it is just 1136 x 640.However, HD screen is 1280720 resolution.Is My decision of picking up nexus 10 over ipad with retina display(4th gen) is right?

That was what i was thinking,but since i will have to use it for 3-4 years,are both of my choices somewhat future proof?the resolution of ipod touch 5g is not hd,it is just 1136 x 640.However, HD screen is 1280720 resolution.Is My decision of picking up nexus 10 over ipad with retina display(4th gen) is right?
    I wouldn't say that 5th gen ipods with a5 chipsets are future proof but yes the nexus 10 is future proof not only because of its beastly specs but simply because its a 'nexus' so Google won't give up on it anytime soon!
    And between nexus 10 and ipad4 - you can't be wrong if you go for either one of these.
    Last piece of boring advice from me- don't go by popular opinion rather have a real time hands on with devices you intend to buy and bring home the one you like most- at least you will have peace of mind this way!

One more thing resolution doesn't matter! IPod has a smaller screen so higher ppi! Just check the screens ppi(pixel density) . Nexus 10 has 298ppi and iPod around 320 ppi so both are good on paper!

In The Zone

Thanks for the reply and suggestion @nikufellow.I really liked it
    Last piece of boring advice from me- don't go by popular opinion rather have a real time hands on with devices you intend to buy and bring home the one you like most- at least you will have peace of mind this way!
    .I would rather take it as a nice suggestion not as a boring advice!So,after finalizing Nexus 10,i really can't decide whether i should go for ipod touch or not since it has the same old A5 Processor and only 512MB RAM.Btw does Nexus 10 supports Usb on the go?
    Last edited by SahilAr; 31-10-2012 at 08:20 AM.