TIKONA Broadband Review
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TIKONA Broadband Review

Right Off the Assembly Line

Exclamation TIKONA Broadband Review

Guys PLEASE don't go for TIKONA broadband, its the worst boradband service I have ever seen.

First of all they took 3 weeks to do the installation after payment, once installed there is not continuous connection, every now and then it gets disconnected.

I had opted for 300 kbps unlimited connection but I don't even get 50kbps browsing speed. Its really slow, worst. Please don't opt for it!! I am suffering a lot!!
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Pradeep Prabhu
    Read My experiences from Life at http://pradeepprabhu.wordpress.com

Default Re: TIKONA Broadband Review

I've got very close view of Tikona. My room-mate has this and every month he calles up CustomerCare to threat that he's gonna leave it and no payment and 10 mins of shouting etc. Then they fix the connection and again at the end/middle/anytime the problem starts....
    "My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
    "Its easy being atheist than secular"

[B]~X-X-X-X-----------RULES for posting in OFFTOPIC thread-----------X-X-X-X~[/B]
    http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread-168.html#post1748404

yes i v had a bad exp with tikona myself ..
    I had always thought tata indocom broadband to be the worst, but tikona beat them hands down for the last spot .....
    mekalodu

yeah, tikona is ****.. i have it. Their customer service is as good as dead. Their technical team is ****. And service is very poor.
    Advice to other to not to opt for it.. its been 3 month and i will continue another 2 month as then i wil leave this city, but i am dead sure i am not going to pay bills.
    Under dogs are still dogs...till they don't bite! 8-)

My GF is a bomb.. she wears a bomb vest and threatens to blow her up now and then :CiobarAbt2Cry:

http://twitter.com/INS_animesh

Absolutely agree with everyone here. The installation personnel didn't even know how to crimp the cable properly. Very frustrating customer care. I'm going back to the good old, albeit slower, tata broadband.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iinfi View Post
    yes i v had a bad exp with tikona myself ..
    I had always thought tata indocom broadband to be the worst, but tikona beat them hands down for the last spot .....
    Quote Originally Posted by staticsid View Post
    Absolutely agree with everyone here. The installation personnel didn't even know how to crimp the cable properly. Very frustrating customer care. I'm going back to the good old, albeit slower, tata broadband.

Omfg...I was about to change my 2mbps Tata Wimax connection to Tikona as Tata has started giving me problems with frequent disconnection, incorrect billing etc...but after seeing this thread the only connection I can choose now is Airtel

I just want to say one line from my experience of Tikona Internet connection - It is better to not have Internet connection than having a Tikona Internet connection.

cool.thanks for the info

Simply a DIGITian krishnandu.sarkar's Avatar

lol.....one of my friend applied for Tikona. And after 2wks of not doing installtion, I suggested him to leave it and go for other connection. As he was in hurry he choosed Alliance. Surprized......He spoke to Alliance at around 11AM and the installation was done within 3PM.
    • Read The Forum RULES First.
    • Before PM'ing Or Asking Any Questions To Any Mod Read The FAQ's
    • Before Starting A New Thread Read The STICKY THREADS First
    • Before Participating In Bazaar Section Read The BAZAAR RULES

MY BSNL 500C is the BEST. []

Broken In

truly the best @ deb.sasmal
    With Regards

Jatin Jha

[url]www.twitter.com/jatinjha[/url]

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen! gagan007's Avatar

Ooops. I thought that Tikona was better (based on my friend's experience, maybe he was lying!)
    That way BSNL is really great. No DCs ever.
    My personal blog - http://gagan.scholarguru.com

I have Yolks not Brains! eggman's Avatar

I had Tikona for a montha...Really Really Bad service...disconnected it after 20 Days.....Totally sucks....in 24 hrs, I guess it'll be down for 12-16 hours.....Totally disaster....Never Go for it
    Y U NO ALLOW PICTURES IN SIGNATURES?

Using tikona for 6-8 months and I live in Bandra-w. No problems whatsoever. I get usually 40-50Kb/s on torrents (using 300Kbps line). No downtimes, issues, etc. For some odd reason they blocked couple of review sites but they unblocked it in an hour's time. Bill comes on time- something that my previous ISP reliance failed to do (which they eventually did do for reliance energy and telephone. Disconnected telephone and plan to switch to tata line, most likely do the same with Tata as they are giving 20-30% as I am planning to put something that will increase energy consumption).

Pretty sure their service/experience is drastically different between multiple places.
    [URL="http://hardwarebbq.com"][B]Hardware BBQ[/B][/URL]

Local BB totally depends on local cable operator.
    Like my Alliance fcked up cos of our fcking criminal cheater cable operator Gautam Roy Chodhuri(TeleDyne,Tollygunge).....
    I have no BB ATM.....
    Never buy any fcking Palit card & stay away from MD Computers(Kolkata),they sell physically damaged card.

Human Spambot

@pradeepcec: Is this a review or complaint about Tikona????

Btw I use tataphoton+ & its better than tikona....no downtime...& portable in my pocket....

I get 200kBps download speed.....avg 130-140kBps.....
    torrents give me 80~100kBps...depending on seeds.....
    Happy with it.....
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    AMD FX6300, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Sapphire HD6770, Gigabyte 78LMTUSB3, NZXT Gamma

U got unlimited plan from TATA ?
    Never buy any fcking Palit card & stay away from MD Computers(Kolkata),they sell physically damaged card.

Human Spambot

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    U got unlimited plan from TATA ?
    using the prepaid service of Photon+.....
    in prepaid there is no unlimited plan.....happy with 10GB pack
    HTC One V | Gionee P2 | Nikon D3100 | Apple Ipod Touch 4G | SM ES18 | Casio Edifice EX106 | WD My Passport 1 TB | Seagate Backup Plus Slim 500GB
    AMD FX6300, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Sapphire HD6770, Gigabyte 78LMTUSB3, NZXT Gamma

TTSL rocks !
    AMD Athlon II X4 635, MSI 880GMA - E45, Corsair value 2GB x 2, FSP Saga II 500W, APC UPS 600VA, Zebronix Bijli, Logitec Classic Mouse and keyboard
    Lumix FZ35 Camera
    Blog@ www.amoghdesai.com, www.electronicsforum.in

Right off the assembly line

Default Re: TIKONA Broadband Review Bangalore- Dont Take please save yourself

My Tikona id is 1104121905, took connection on 25/7/2011 at HSR Layout Bangalore. However it working only on the 1st day and never after that. i have made 18 complaints but no action has been taken by
    Tikona. I must have made 15 calls but now the area manager Krishna and sales person Sanjeev Agarwal disconnects phone when I call them. Krishna gave personal assurance during the time of demo that the speed and bandwidth is guaranteed but now I face 50% packet drops. I have request for refund of my installation and connection money on 30/7/2011. As expected, I donít even get a response back.
    How unprofessional Tikona employees can get, shame on them and thier behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by rhitwick View Post
    I've got very close view of Tikona. My room-mate has this and every month he calles up CustomerCare to threat that he's gonna leave it and no payment and 10 mins of shouting etc. Then they fix the connection and again at the end/middle/anytime the problem starts....
    Can't stop laughing....

Maybe the next time he will call, they will say "Sir i am keeping the call on mute, will return after sipping coffee in 10 minutes"

^^ I wonder this post is coming from a member with only 2 posts.
    Registered Linux User #468778
    ----------------------------------
    [url]http://twitter.com/_Garbage_[/url]

I wonder if amit_more is hte guy to be promoted.
    "My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
    "Its easy being atheist than secular"

[B]~X-X-X-X-----------RULES for posting in OFFTOPIC thread-----------X-X-X-X~[/B]
    http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread-168.html#post1748404

I have Yolks not Brains! eggman's Avatar

@amit_more: Haha...Seriously....

Personal experience again , at least in Bangalore, avoid Tikona at any cost.
    I have not returned their wireless router till now and don't plan to
    Y U NO ALLOW PICTURES IN SIGNATURES?

Pretty "OK" but honestly they are very bad in billing. They are never ever able to send a proper bill unless I post on Consumer complaints forum. They are saying that they will send some guy to collect the money and he will give me the bill, but the dumdum is sending a prepaid card and no bill.

Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    @amit_more: Haha...Seriously....

Personal experience again , at least in Bangalore, avoid Tikona at any cost.
    I have not returned their wireless router till now and don't plan to
    Same is I did with Airtel for router/modem/landline and actually sell it

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    Pretty "OK" but honestly they are very bad in billing. They are never ever able to send a proper bill unless I post on Consumer complaints forum. They are saying that they will send some guy to collect the money and he will give me the bill, but the dumdum is sending a prepaid card and no bill.
    you were singing a different tune last year.

Quote Originally Posted by amit_more View Post
    I got the setting from Tikonaís Toll free number 1-800 209 4276, the technical guy guided me all the step for setting in my mobile ON LINE immdietately. I donít think any service provider gives you a technical guy on line.
    they do give pseudo-technical idiots. who get it done after lots of head banging (not the heavy metal kind)

Quote Originally Posted by amit_more View Post
    I have called so many time in Tikona call centre but none has understood my problem in such better way then him. This person has understand my problem and solved my problem with resolution .He is very genuine person. This person is working very good and doing his job smartly. Request you to appreciate him and promote him. This person has taken my follow-up and he gave me call back and solved my problem. He is very much dedicated to his work. Request you to tell HR to keep this person as Role model and recruit Agents.
    stop getting a woody for a telephone guy!!! this is not the appropriate forum for that, try the men's stall next door.

all in all, pr guy fail. totally transparent.
    WTB skill. Addicted RIFTer.

Red face Re: TIKONA Broadband Review Bangalore- Dont Take please save yourself

Thanks Guys.. You all saved me.. Was just going to get a Tikona connection but then just thought to check the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by doomgiver View Post
    you were singing a different tune last year.
    I was singing a different tune because they were playing a different background music (Yeah, you know what I mean).

Hi All,

I was a customer of tikona broadband services,
    I would suggest every one never go with tikona services, there service is very poor I had 2Mbps connection and I was receiving speed below 512 kbps most of the time,
    Also my internet connection was usually get disconnected very often.
    I raised request many times and no body was able to fix the issue.
    Finally when I raised request for disconnection in Oct 2011, and asked them to send somebody to collect modem and final amount since I am not using there service any more, till Feb 2012 they have not send any body for this and still I am receiving bills with late payment amount,
    I called thier customer care many times and they people just put me on hold saying they are transfering my call to concern department and after waiting more then for 30 min some times call gets disconnected or some time I had to disconnect because of busy schedule.
    They are very poor in service and still hungry for money.
    PLEASE NEVER USE TIKONA SERVICES !!!!

Thanks
    --
    Ashish