The new season of Game of Thrones is upon us and the first episode is now available for streaming on Hotstar. However, before you immerse yourself in the world of Westeros. How about you check out the actual places from the TV series. If you didn’t know yet, the popular TV series is filmed at actual locations, and not in a set that has been created in some studio (with a healthy dose of CGI of course). So yes, you can go and visit the cold castle of Winterfell, and the imposing city of King’s Landing. However, actually traveling to these locations will cost you a pretty penny as most of these are scattered across Europe.
Thankfully, Google Maps has got your back. The company has visited all the filming locations and captured all of it using Street view. So if you really wanted to take a stroll through the Green Gardens of King’s Landing, or see how it would have been to be a spectator for one of Meereen’s Arena Battles, you can do so. Just head over to Arboretum Trsteno in Trsteno, Croatia or the Bullring of Osuna in Seville, Spain respectively. If you are curious, Winterfell is filmed at Doune Castle in the Stirling district of central Scotland and at Castle Ward in Northern Ireland, while King’s Landing is filmed in Dubrovnik, Croatia. All the locations are detailed in Google's official blog.
It would be pretty cool to take a look at all these places and then watch the show as then you could enthrall/annoy your friends and family with your depth of knowledge. If you’ve completely forgotten what happened in the last six seasons, then don’t fret as we’ve got you covered. Click here to get a quick recap of all that has happen in the TV series till now and prepare yourself for the new season. Winter is here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures