Mini has always been the ace when it comes to designing hot hatches. The company has always succeeded in offering a compact hatchback that is designed with precarious symmetry, a seamless flow of lines and circles, and a recognisable facade with dollops of power, technology and gimmick hidden inside. Now, the latest Mini attempting to steal the show is the Mini Electric Concept, bearing a name that is rather self-explanatory in nature.
Essentially, the Mini Electric Concept is a variant of the typical 3-door Mini hardtop. It features an unsurprisingly modified front grille, as the car doesn't need an air dam up front any longer. This has allowed the company to improve the car's overall aerodynamics, while keeping the core design and dimensions similar to the original 3-door Mini. It also boasts of redesigned head and tail lamps, and will presumably come with a host of driver assistive and infotainment technology, including the beatiful implementation of LEDs in its dash.
The Mini Electric Concept is one of the first instalments of BMW's drive to include an electric powertrain in varying forms in all BMW and Mini vehicles. BMW has also unveiled a new trim of the electric i3 hatchback, and that, along with the all-electric Mini, will be up on the show floor at the Frankfurt Auto Show. Check out some more of its photos here:
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireMercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look
- Biggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014