“Robots, are you ready? On your marks, get set, go!” And with this, a fleet of Robot Race-cars zoom past you, as you cheer for your favourite one. Quite similar to us cheering for Bumblebee or Optimus Prime in a battle!
‘Roborace’ is the name of the new motoring championship created by the Formula E team who created the all-electric racing series. Roborace combines alternative energy racing with robots and will be hosted in the 2016-2017 season. This will give a technoboost to autonomous tech algorithms and accelerate artificial intelligence (AI).
On Wednesday, Roborace released the first design renderings. The car was conceptualised and computerized by Chief Design Officer, Daniel Simon, who is famous for his work in Hollywood movies, namely Tron: Legacy and Oblivion.
While Robocars lack in human persona i.e. the coolness factor of drivers in Grand Prix, these cars are a visual treat since they are uber sophisticated and futuristic. Let’s wait and watch how the renderings turn out when we get to see the cars race this season!
Check out this cool video of the Roborace teaser
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireMercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look
- Biggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014