Google has launched the Chromecast 2 and Chromecast Audio in India. The two devices are priced at Rs. 3,399, and will be available via Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm, as well as through retailers like Reliance and Chroma. Like its predecessor, the new dongle will allow users to stream content from their phones to their TVs, while Chromecast Audio will convert any speaker system into a smart music system.
Chromecast 2 comes with a circular design with an HDMI cord at one end but still needs to be powered from an external power source. The new dongle supports 802.11ac and 5GHz bands, so it compatible with modern routers. The device also comes with three antennae to for improved streaming capabilities, as compared to the original Chromecast, which only had one. The new dongle also comes with features such as Fast Play, Remote Display, and Cast Games. Chromecast Audio is a Wi-Fi receiver/router that can connect to any speaker system via an AUX cable. Users can then stream music to the speaker from their phones via the dongle. The device is also compatible with a number of apps like Saavn and Wynk Music. Both devices use Wi-Fi to stream content and will require users to download the app, which was rebranded to Google Cast.
Other Popular Deals
- Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass headsThe 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....
- The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000The 11 best IEM headphones under Rs. 1,500
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio