The YouTube Music app is now available for Android and iOS users in the US. The platform will offer songs with and without video allowing users to switch between the two seamlessly. T. Jay Fowler, Director, Product Management for YouTube wrote on the official blog, “No matter where you start in the app, the music will never stop. Every song you play or artist you choose will take you on an endless journey through YouTube’s music catalog. A simple tap and you’re on your way, enjoying your favorite music and discovering new artists effortlessly. The home tab will recommend tracks just for you and create personalized stations based on your tastes.” He also wrote that the app will allow users to quickly find music videos, tracks, artists, and albums. In addition, users will see remixes, covers, lyric videos, and concert footage available on YouTube. When the service will be available outside the US hasn't been mentioned yet.
Further, the music service was announced alongside YouTube’s paid subscription service, YouTube Red. The membership will remove ads from the service, much like any other music streaming app for smartphones. The regular offline and background music options will also be available on YouTube Music. Those who download the app will get a free 14 day YouTube Red subscription as well. YouTube Red is priced at $9.99 per month and will offer subscribers benefits such as no advertisements and allow users to download videos to view them offline. From next year, users will also get access to new and original shows and movies.
In August this year, YouTube had launched YouTube Gaming in the US and the UK. The service allowed users to stream gaming and gameplay videos or launch their own stream. The service also recommends streams and videos based on the games and channels that a user likes, similar to what YouTube does for you, for videos. Earlier this month, YouTube announced two new virtual reality features for its Android app. The first feature is called VR Videos, while the other allows users to view all videos in a “kind of virtual movie theater.” To make use of these features, users will have to use a virtual reality headset like the Google Cardboard etc.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer