Photo sharing social network, Instagram, is testing a new product-tagging feature for its app. The feature will reportedly allow companies to sell or advertise their products on the social network directly. The tags will allow companies let tag directly inside the images that they post on Instagram. The tagging system is similar to how you tag users on Instagram, and users will be able to tap on these tags in order to directly purchase products from within Instagram. The idea is to bypass the additional browser windows that you usually have to open to make purchases.
Further, users will have the ability to hide or reveal tags. International brands, like Abercrombie & Fitch, BaubleBar, Coach, JackThreads, Kare Spade New York, Levi’s, Hollister, Macy’s, Lulu’s, MVMT Watches, Michael Kors, Warby Parker, Tory Burch and Shopbop, are amongst the test partners for Instagram’s new feature.
The video below is a representation of how the feature will work.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer