Google Maps will now show users in major cities a comprehensive list of commuting options including cabs from Uber and Ola. The new feature requires the provider’s app to be installed on the device and shows fare estimates and pick up times if a car is available nearby. Uber users can choose from uberGo and uberX, while Ola customers will have the option of Ola Mini, Ola Micro, and Ola Sedan. Clicking on one of the services will take the user to the respective app from where they can request their ride.
Google has stated, “Having all your commuting options in one place makes it easier to make quick comparisons about the best route and get an estimated fare. When it makes sense, we’ll also show cab availability when viewing the map in walking or transit directions.” The feature is currently only available on Android, but Google has said that it will bring it to iOS soon.
Last month, Google Maps released an update for its app on Android that let users add pit stops and detours along their route.The company said that this ensured quicker pit stops and fewer long detours as users can search for places like fuel stations, restaurants, and more without exiting the navigation mode.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer