Google has announced that users in India will now be able to ask for a cab from either Ola or Uber via the Google Search app, or the mobile browser. With these features, users in India will be able to ask Google for directions and then book a ride directly via search. Further, users will also see a tab for ride services from both on-demand cab services, as well as fare estimates and pick up times if a car is located near their location.
When asking for more specific information like, “Uber to the airport” or “Ola to the airport,” the Google search app or the browser will direct users to select a service, and then opens the app to let users to book the cab. If the app isn’t installed, users will get a link to download the app.
Sanket Gupta, Program Manager at Google stated, “Choosing the best transit option can be a task at times, our aim is to help users simplify their everyday travel. With this, users will be able to order, explore and make quick comparisons about the best estimated taxi fare directly from Google Search results on their mobile.”
These features were made available in Google Maps earlier this year. This includes a dedicated tab with information for cab services besides the existing tabs for driving, public transport and walking options.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer