Google Maps is famous for putting people in a tight spot sometimes, like finding a wall where a road exit is indicated or going through some bizzare routes to locate a particular address. All this may pale in comparison to what happened to this woman from Texas. Her house, which was damaged by a tornado was scheduled for a repair and rebuild job, instead it was bulldozered down by a demolishing company which mixed up two addresses because of an incorrect listing on Google Maps.
The house that was originally scheduled to be demolished was located at 7601 Cousteau Drive in Rowlett, Texas, whereas the house that ended up being destroyed was located at 7601 Calypso Drive, situated just down the road. After the mix-up, the demolishing company sent a screenshot of Google Maps to the unassuming owner who now finds herself without a home. Apparently, The demolition team did not think twice to re-confirm the address once they got to the location and knocked down the wrong house relying solely on Google Maps. The mistake has now been fixed on Google Maps and locations for both houses show up correctly.
So, the next time you get lost or find yourself up against a wall becuase of your friendly Google Maps, thank your stars and roll down your window for directions! Below is a video report of the incident.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer