Wind River® Pulsar™ Linux is a small, high-performance, secure, and manageable Linux distribution that combines the best of Wind River open source technology and delivers it without the traditional cross-build complexity. Designed to be simple to download and develop on, Pulsar is available at no cost and provides a certified and ready-to-use binary image for specific hardware, delivered as an application-ready platform.
A shortcut to traditional embedded development, Pulsar Linux allows users to start developing applications on a Yocto Project Compatible OS in minutes after powering up their hardware. Integrating new technology and managing code size are the biggest technology challenges when working with open source technology. What if system maintenance and hardware integration were no longer necessary? Pulsar fills in this gap.
The board certification program for Pulsar includes a variety of prototyping and development boards to fit your embedded development needs. To ignite application development on the Intel architecture, Pulsar is certified on the MinnowBoard MAX development board. Download an image and begin development immediately without any of the headaches and hassles of setting up your own embedded operating system. This board comes with a complete Linux run-time that includes a desktop environment, if graphics are enabled, and an update agent preconfigured to connect to a trusted Wind River package repository. It provides:
- A small, reconfigurable kernel, user space, and file system
- High-performance virtualization
- An extensible architecture using package feeds
- An atomic container-based configuration that enables application middleware abstraction, bringing end users the ability to run any application from any ecosystem to run on any device, even applications that need their own middleware.
“People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.” —Alan Kay
Wind River thought of that, and now brings developers a true free and ready-to-use OS.
Visit our page to find out more about Wind River® Pulsar™ Linux.
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer