Whatsapp has updated its app on iOS to v2.16.7, which has introduced some new features. Now, when users send a single emoji, it will appear much bigger than before. However, more than one emoji is sent, it will still appear the same size. Further, while this feature is not visible on other devices, if an Android user sends an emoji, it too will appear larger on the iOS device.
Another feature added in the update is the ability to select multiple chats and then choose to archive, delete, or mark them as read. Further, iOS users will now be able to zoom when recording videos by sliding their finger up and down. The company also says that chats will open faster with the update.
A few months ago, Facebook-owned Whatsapp added end-to-end encryption to its apps on Android, iOS and Windows. This meant that the messages and calls made using the service could only be accessed by the sender and receiver, and not even WhatsApp employees would be able to read the messages sent using the app. Facebook has also started testing end-to-end encryption on Messenger. Called Secret conversations, the feature also allows the user to control the length of time a message will remain visible within a conversation.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer