Whatsapp, one of the largest online messaging services that was recently acquired by Facebook, may soon come with an update that could enable voice-calling features via the app.
Whatsapp is getting the voice-calling feature was first announced by its founder Jan koum earlier this year at MWC in Barcelona. He announced that Whatsapp will have voice-calling features later this year and since the year is already near its fourth quarter rumors are piling up of an imminent update.
Jan koum said earlier this year at MWC
“We’re adding voice to WhatsApp so people can stay in touch with friends and loved ones no matter where they are in the world.”
“We use the least amount of bandwidth out there, and have optimised the hell out of it. We’ve made sure the quality is there, though, just like the messaging functions of WhatsApp”
Bigwigs like Skype and Viber dominate the voice-calling market and provide free calling over the internet. It is noteworthy that Whatsapp will get an imminent voice calling update and its parent company Facebook is not adding has no plans to add voice-calling to their messenger application.
Image source: iphoneitalia
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer