Popular messaging app WhatsApp announced that its users make over a 100 million calls daily. It has been over a year since WhatsApp first introduced voice calling through its app. A 100 million calls every day is over 1,100 calls every second.
WhatsApp announced “For more than a year, people have used WhatsApp Calling to talk with friends and family around the world. It's a great way to stay in touch, especially when connecting with people in other countries, or when messages alone won't do. Today, more than 100 million voice calls are made every day on WhatsApp - that's over 1,100 calls a second! We're humbled that so many people have found this feature useful, and we're committed to making it even better in the months to come.”
Recently, WhatsApp brought encrypted calls and messages onto its platform in collaboration with OpenWhisper. It was a massive step towards improvement of user security. It also released a Desktop and Mac client. There also has been word about WhatsApp getting support for video calling, but we’re yet to see it rolled out to as a stable release. It's also reported that WhatsApp will be getting Call Back, Zip sharing and Voicemail soon.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer