Whatsapp has launched video calling on its app. The service will be available on Android, iPhone and Windows devices. Jan Koum, CEO & Co-Founder of WhatsApp stated, “video calling is one of the most requested features from people in India. We're proud to have the opportunity to launch this feature in India, where we now have 160 million users, and we look forward to seeing people use WhatsApp to talk to their friends and loved ones face to face.” Earlier this month, WhatsApp launched the video calling feature for users who were a part of its Android Beta Program. The feature works in a manner similar to voice calling. After selecting the contact, the user will have to tap the calling button, which will give them the option of making either a voice or a video call.
The addition of video calling should help the service compete with other video calling services such as the Google Duo app. Like WhatsApp, Duo is also linked to a user’s phone number for making and receiving video calls. However, the company did not mention if the video calls on WhatsApp will be encrypted. Earlier this year, the company started offering end-to-end encryption on messages sent using its platform. This meant that no one apart from the sender and receiver would be able to read messages or access content sent via WhatsApp.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer