Popular instant messaging app WhatsApp now has 900 million active users monthly, announced CEO and co-Founder Jan Koum, on Facebook. The company had announced 800 million active users monthly, in April, reflecting on an impressive growth phase of 100 million users in a space of just four months.
Koum posted on Facebook, “WhatsApp now has 900 million monthly active users.” and also tagged Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg. In response, Zuckerberg shared the post and posted, “Congrats to Jan, the WhatsApp team and whole community on reaching 900 million people!” Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg posted, “900 million people now use WhatsApp every month to stay in touch with family and friends around the world. Congratulations to Jan Koum and everyone at WhatsApp on reaching this incredible milestone – and for still finding time to make us all laugh.”
WhatsApp was acquired by Facebook for a whopping $19 billion last year. Interestingly, the instant messaging app is also ahead of Facebook’s Messenger, in terms of monthly active users. Messenger reported 700 million active users in June 2015. Facebook itself reached 1 billion monthly active users way back in 2012, and recently reached one billion logins in a single day. At the moment, it has 1.49 billion monthly active users, and 968 million daily active users.
Since its launch, WhatsApp has kept adding features over time. The app now lets users make voice calls, and also has a web version, using which one can chat from PCs. Recently, the company released custom chat options and emojis of different ethnicities to give wider ways of expression to its vast global userbase.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer