WhatsApp is rolling out a new feature that allows Android users to pin chats to the top of their list. The feature was earlier added to the beta version of the app, but is now available to all users. It allows users to pin up to three of their most important group or individual chats to the top of the lists for quick access.
In its press statement, the company says, “With pinned chats, you never have to worry about scrolling through the long list of conversations to text your family members or your best friend. Users can now pin up to three of the most important group or individual chats to the top of their chat list for easy access -- simply tap and hold a chat, and then tap the pin icon at the top of your screen.”
Pinning a chat to the top of the list will ensure that the group or person is always easily accessible without the need to search for it. To unpin a chat, press and hold any of the pinned chats and tap the unpin button.
Earlier this year, WhatsApp rolled out a new Status feature that allowed used to post pictures, videos or GIFs as their status. These would only be visible to those in the user’s contact list and would disappear after 24 hours, which is similar to how Snapchat works.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer