Popular instant messaging app, WhatsApp, is finally available for the Nokia Asha 501 . The app will be rolled out through an Over-The-Air (OTA) update, which also brings a slew of new features and improvement. If you are a Nokia 501 user, here's what you need to do download WhatsApp and other features of the update on your mobile phone:
Since it's an OTA update, you'll have to check for Internet availability. Though you can download the update using mobile data, it's recommended to use Wi-Fi – considering the update could be of several megabytes.
On using a Wi-Fi network, the phone will automatically check and notify if the update is available. Tap the notification message and click "Update", if an update is found. You can check out the new features of the update by opening the “release note” link. To return to the “Phone update” , press the “back” button.
However, if you want to check for an update immediately, you can do so by switching off and back on the “Check via mobile data” button from the “Phone update” menu.
Tap “Update” to download the available package. Do remember you cannot use your phone while the update is installing.
Though Nokia says users' data remains safe while updating, you can keep a back up create a backup, you can do that from “Settings > Backup > Create backup”. This creates a backup of the phone settings and personal content to the memory card.
Once the update is installed, your phone will restart automatically. Once the update is done, a WhatsApp launcher will appear on your home screen. Press this to download and install the full app.
Note: Standalone WhatsApp client will be available on the Nokia Store very soon. Nokia says the new software and WhatsApp will come pre-loaded on all new Asha 501s fresh from the Nokia factory. The app will come pre-installed on 500, 502 and 503 Dual-SIM phones.
Check out the video below to know more about the software update.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer