WhatsApp will soon introduce a new feature that is aimed to enable live location sharing in group chat. The feature spotted by twitter account @WABetainfo confirms allows users to broadcast their live location to other members on the group chat. The feature is reportedly available in the beta versions 220.127.116.11 for iOS and 2.16.399 for Android.
The feature is reportedly disabled by default but can be enabled for one, two, five minutes or indefinitely. The feature essentially simplifies the option for cross-platform broadcast of live location. With iOS, Apple already offers an option for requesting broadcast of live location from friends via iMessage. Looking at the screenshot, WhatsApp seems to have a better implementation in hand.
18.104.22.168 iOS | 2.16.399+ Android: Live Location feature, that tracks the live location of other group participants (DISABLED BY DEFAULT). pic.twitter.com/pYEXT1nxyR — WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) January 26, 2017
WhatsApp's biggest advantage continues to be its user base which is reportedly over 1 billion monthly active users. With voice and video calling feature, WhatsApp is already a service that extends far beyond text messaging.
Lately, WhatsApp has added a lot of new features that have existed on some or the other competing platform. The new feature can be seen as an effort to further establish its stronghold in the competitive social messaging platform.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer