Popular online chatting and video calling platform WeChat has integrated a new a Skype-like calling out feature in its app. The feature which is called 'WeChat Out' will allow users to call any landline or mobile phone in India, US and HongKong. Although WeChat has plans to expand this calling service to other countries, currently only the above listed countries have access to this feature.
Just like in Skype, users will have an option of loading money to their WeChat Out account to start making calls. As an initial offering, WeChat is giving its users in the US $0.99 credit to start with. TenCent, the parent company of WeChat says that this should give users upto 100 minutes of talk time to most countries. In India, the app offers no initial credit. The top up amounts start from Rs. 60 going uptill Rs. 920. Rs. 60 will get users 107 minutes of calling to the US, Rs. 120 will get users 214 minutes of calling to the US, and so on. Users can click on the Rates option in the top-up section to find out the pricing structure for calls. To access the WeChat Out calling facility, users need to click on the Plus icon on the top left corner and select the WeChat Out option.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer