Soon, VLC media player will be available as a universal app for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 platforms. Developers have also shared a few screenshots of how the media player looks like on the two platforms.
It's notable VLC media player is available on Windows 8 as an experimental port of VLC media player for the WinRT platform.
“...so I decided to take my time, and build a great universal app based on the work we have done so far. I cleaned the code, which is now shared between Windows Phone and Windows at a 90 percent level, and have the exact same features, except DLNA support on WP (that might change),” says
“The XAML code is nearly the same. I worked really hard to make a design that works well on phones, phablets, tablets, laptops and desktops thanks to the upcoming windowed mode Windows Threshold is rumored to bring (I tested with Stardock Modern Mix).”
“Performance-wise, the app is a lot faster than before, more responsive on tablet, and I am trying to have the best responsiveness possible on low-end phones like the Lumia 520 which has a big marketshare in the WP-world.”
Developers reveal Windows 8\.1 version is almost ready.Check out the screenshots of the VLV media player for Windows platforms below:
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices