On-demand cab service provider Uber has announced its partnership with Indian telecom company Airtel to offer mobile payments and free in-cab 4G WiFi to the customers. The mobile payments will be offered via Airtel Money. Uber will start the service in Mumbai first and then gradually roll it out to other parts of India. To use the mobile payment service, Airtel users only need to link their Airtel Money accounts with individual Uber account.
Talking about the announcement, Srini Gopalan, Director, Consumer Business at Airtel, mentioned on Uber's official blog, "We are thrilled to join forces with Airtel to deliver solutions that elevate the Uber experience for riders and drivers throughout India. This unique partnership is built on our shared visions and strengths of broad, reliable networks and connecting people to their world, anytime, anywhere.”
On the other hand, Amit Jain, President, Uber India, said, "This unique partnership is built on our shared visions and strengths of broad, reliable networks and connecting people to their world, anytime, anywhere."
Uber is also making Airtel as its official telecom partner and as a part of it, Airtel will provide mobile, data, and device plans to Uber drivers. In addition to this, Airtel users will be getting exclusive discounts and promotions from Uber. There is also an offer as part of which Uber is offering Rs. 500 off to Airtel users on their first ride upon using Airtel Money.
Uber is not the only one to announce such services. Recently, OlaCabs also announced its ‘Ola Select’ program under which they will be offering free in-cab WiFi facility, upgrades at no additional cost, special discount coupons for select customers and exclusive deals and offers from its partners like ClearTrip, Myntra, Snapdeal, and the likes. However the difference between Uber and OlaCabs’ program is that the latter’s is an invite-only service. It means that only selected, exclusive users will get access to these features. Ola has said that these will be regular, frequent users of its app.
Recently, OlaCabs has partnered with the OnePlus team for promoting the OnePlus 2. As part of this partnership, Ola users can request for a OnePlus 2 experience at their doorstep using the OlaCabs app. In addition, they can also win OnePlus 2 invites, and even the device itself.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer