Twitter has announced "promoted video ads" that would allow advertisers to post videos on the micro-blogging site and even measure the "reach and effectiveness" of that content.
Product manager David Regan said in a blog post, “By using Promoted Video, it’s easy for brands to upload and distribute video on Twitter, and to measure the reach and effectiveness of this content.” Regan said test launch came “after months of experiments and feedback from users and brands.”
Regan added that Twitter will offer a “cost per view” model for advertisers: “This means advertisers only get charged when a user starts playing the video,” he said.
“Additionally, advertisers using Promoted Video have access to robust video analytics,” such as how many people view the entire video, he said.
According to research firm eMarketer, Twitter accounted for nearly 0.5 per cent of global digital ad revenues in 2013. The report added that this will increase further to 0.8 per cent in 2014. Twitter revealed last month that its number of monthly active users has reached 271 million, up nearly 24 per cent from an year ago. In India there has seen a growth of 37% in social networking during 2013 and will have more than 80 million Facebook and Twitter users by the end of 2014. The micro blogging site revealed that its revenue has increased to $312.2 million due to increase in mobile ads, which are 81% of total advertisement sales.
Twitter is also planning to add mobile payment options to its app. A number of Twitter users have recently spotted a shipping and payments options in the settings menu on the Android app for Twitter. The micro blogging site is looking at e-commerce to generate more advertising revenue.
It's notable Facebook had launched 15 second video play ads in March. The ads begin playing automatically and stop once you scroll past. Tapping on the video, will expand it to full screen.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer