Truecaller and Microsoft have teamed up to offer Live Caller ID Lookup feature on Lumia devices. The feature allows users to identify unknown numbers during incoming calls, even if the caller is not stored in phonebook.
The new feature in addition to all other features of Trucaller is available for new Lumia smartphone users. Truecaller version 4.2 is the latest update that's only available for Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan and above.
“Microsoft devices are used by millions across the globe and the openness of the platform allowed us to create something exclusively for its users. We are delighted to be associated with Microsoft yet again, and be able to provide the unique Live Caller ID Lookup feature to the users. Truecaller is a widely used app and with this unique service our endeavor is to take Microsoft Device users’ experience to the next level,” said Nami Zarringhalam, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Truecaller.
“Our partnership goes back several years and we have seen that Truecaller is a very dedicated company focused on delivering a great service for its users,” adds Navdeep Manaktala, Head - Applications & Developer Ecosystem at Microsoft Mobile Devices & Services.
Trucaller was already available on Windows Phone platform, however the caller ID feature was restricted to missed calls. The new update allows Windows Phone users to identify numbers in real time.
Truecaller recently added live Caller ID and spam blocking features to first generation of Android wearables. It may be recalled Google had also added caller ID feature with the Android 4.4 update.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer