Truecaller has introduced a new feature called Number Tagging. This feature will be available on the Truecaller and Truedialer app for Android. The Number tagging feature will allow users to tag a contact based on a range of categories like transportation, banking/finance, or drinks and nightlife. The company says that the latest feature is a step towards its commitment to enhance their technology and be able to learn organically. Truecaller also announced that its global community has reached the 200 million user milestone.
Read the complete press release below
Truecaller announces today that their global community has reached the 200 million user milestone, doubling its user base in less than 10 months. With this milestone comes a new feature bringing richer information to the screens of Truecaller users around the world: number Tagging.
Launching today on Android, the company’s free phonebook app Truecaller and dial pad replacement app Truedialer will now come equipped with a new option that will let users to tag a contact based on a broad range of categories such as Transportation, Banking / Finance, or Drinks and Nightlife, making it even easier to ID your cab driver or your bank.
Since day one, when Truecaller came to life on an online forum, and experienced the first 10 thousand downloads, the company has been dedicated to working together with their global community towards a vision of smarter and trustworthy communication. The latest feature launch represents a significant step in Truecaller’s commitment to enhance their technology, and use data in a smarter way, by curating information into their database, and helping it to become truly intelligent, and able to learn organically.
“Truecaller is about putting trust into communications and adding more information about who you’re communicating with, and the Tagging feature will take this commitment one step further,” said Alan Mamedi, CEO and Co-Founder of Truecaller, “Over time, we envision using this information to improve our users ability to identify who is contacting them, why they are contacting them, what they are contacting them about, and be able to make an informed decision as to whether to take the call, or not.”
With the strong recent growth, users are relying more and more on Truecaller on a daily basis. Truecaller now sees over 3 billion searches per month, showing a 50% growth from last quarter. With over 200 million spam numbers in their database, the Truecaller products are making communication safer, smarter, relevant and more social.
Truecaller can be downloaded for free on popular platforms including Android, iOS, Windows Phone,BlackBerry, Tizen and Nokia feature phones. Truedialer is available for free on Android and Windows Phone, and Truemessenger is available for free on Android.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer