Trip Advisor which has more than 260 million unique monthly visitors, and covers more than 2.7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, has launched a new app for Android and iPhone users.
TripAdvisor gives you access to browse millions of reviews, photos by travelers and find the best hotels for you. Users can explore restaurants by food type or price range and compare airfares as well as get answers to specific travel questions. The apps can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes App store or the Google Play store and are available in 20 different languages.
The new Trip Advisor mobile app offers:
• An enhanced, faster user experience
• Access to the site's new Hotel Price Comparison (metasearch), enabling travelers to easily compare booking options at a glance with up-to-the minute hotel prices and availability
• A dynamic maps functionality that populates accommodations, attractions or restaurants in real-time, giving travelers the option to browse and seamlessly toggle between a list function and a synchronized map view
TripAdvisor has also released a new tablet app exclusively for the iPad, that integrates metasearch and dynamic maps functionality and offers a finger-friendly touch interface.
The Trip Advisor iPad app offers:
• High-resolution photos, now ideally displayed in portrait mode
• The ability to see everything surrounding a specific point of interest
• New city pages to explore all the best things to do
Adam Medros, vice president of global products for TripAdvisor stated at the launch: “With more than one-third of our traffic coming to TripAdvisor from a tablet or smartphone device, we are constantly working to improve our mobile offerings to build the most engaging and enjoyable experience for our users. Travel is an inherently on-the-go experience, and we want people to get the most out of our resources on any device, anywhere.”