With 2015 slowly drawing to a close, Google has updated its list of the best apps and games of 2015. Not curated in any particular order, these include both paid and free apps and games, across multiple genres that span across photography, productivity and music streaming for apps, and action, racing, puzzles and sports for games.
In the list of the best apps of 2015, some of the more predictable apps were Microsoft Word, BookMyShow, MakeMyTrip, Truecaller, Skype, Twitter and WhatsApp. Notable apps present in the list include Grofers, the local grocery delivery service, food and restaurant indexer Zomato, social game discussion and sharing forum Twitch, news snippet service Inshorts, music streaming services Gaana and Saavn, keyboard apps Fleksy and SwiftKey, and the photo editor, Retrica. All of the apps listed as the best of 2015 can be downloaded for free from the Play Store.
For the best games of 2015, the list includes Marvel Future Fight, Fast and Furious: Legacy, ZigZag, Clash of Clans, Minions Paradise, Magic Rush: Heroes, Angry Birds 2, Asphalt Nitro, Need for Speed: No Limits, Star Wars: Uprising and Fallout Shelter, all of these being free. The best of the paid games include Prune, Lifeline, Hitman: Sniper, Limbo and Table Tennis Touch. Prune is a noteworthy mention in this list, featuring intricate visuals and a unique theme of gameplay based on the love of nature and trees. Rated 4.5 on Play Store, it has received generally raving reviews, and also, the title of TIME Game of the Year, 2015. While the game is priced at Rs. 265.87 on the Play Store, its iOS counterpart is priced similarly, at Rs. 250, and is compatible with both the iPhone and the iPad.
Limbo’s desktop version gained massive popularity for its haunting monochrome gameplay and deep involvement with a player’s psyche, and the mobile version continues on the same note on a smaller screen. Among free games, Need for Speed: No Limits is an excellent racing game to satiate your love for cars and racing. With good graphics and a reasonably large array of customisable cars, NFS: No Limits is yet another peg in the popular car racing franchise’s list of games. The only points where it may fail to keep you thrilled are the short length of races and a reasonably easy gameplay, which racing game enthusiasts will only find too easy to play.
The apps and games mentioned above are highlights from Google’s complete list, which you can check here.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer