Super Mario Run is coming to Android in March, the company announced in a tweet today. The game is available for pre-registration via the Google Play Store and users will be notified when the game becomes available for download.
Super Mario Run represents a new strategy from the Japanese company, aimed to tap into the mobile gaming industry. The game is currently available for download on iOS and was downloaded over 40 million times in just four days of launch. Super Mario Run is free to download but needs in-app purchases to access the entire game.
With an Android version, Super Mario Run can tap into a larger user base. According to IDC, four out of five smartphones sold in 2016 were running the Android operating system.
In 2017, Nintendo plans to launch Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing for mobile devices. With Super Mario Run, Nintendo will have to convince users to pay $9.99 and unlock all the features of the game.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer