Snapdeal has announced that users will be able to pay utility bills and recharge mobiles, and DTH via the app. The company has integrated Freecharge wallet within its app. This will allow users make use of features like “one tap” recharge for mobile, DTH and other utility bills. It will also show the recharge history and integrate the phone address book to offer quick recharges for family and friends.
Read the complete press release below
Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace rolled out the unique feature and convenience of utility bill payments and easy recharge for mobiles and DTH for its customers. Fully integrated with Freecharge wallet, this new feature gives customers the added benefit of a single click view for recharge plans and recharge history for repeat users to make online transactions truly seamless while enjoying a frictionless shopping experience on Snapdeal.
Customers can now access information on the best available cash back offers on recharges and bill payments right on the app home screen. They can also choose to recharge for family and friends through the contact book feature that is directly integrated into the app.
Speaking on this innovation, Manav Kamboj, Vice President of Engineering, Snapdeal and former CEO of LetsGoMo, an end to end mobile solutions provider acquired by Snapdeal, says, “Bill payments are tasks that we all need to do but don't enjoy or want to explicitly plan for. By integrating utility bill payments, prepaid and DTH account recharges, we are making this a “one-tap” process to deliver a frictionless marketplace experience. It’s like going to your favourite bazaar to shop and stop by for a moment to pay a mobile bill. Simple”.
With the integration of bill payment and mobile recharge features, Snapdeal is delivering the best in product e-commerce and digital services for its customers for a truly frictionless digital commerce experience on its recently redesigned Android and iOS apps.
- “One tap” recharge for mobile, DTH and other utility bills on app
- Recharge history for repeat users and single click view of recharge plans
- Integration into the phone address book to quickly recharge for family and friends
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer