Two of the most popular Android apps, Snapchat & Twitter, are have now been updated to provide better functionality on Android devices. The updates bring with them an upgrade in the user experience of these apps.
Owing to more popular content brands jumping onto the Snapchat platform, the messaging service now has a redesigned Discover page. Snapchat has moved on from the small circles with publisher names and now has a more detailed layout with rectangular blocks, featuring the name of the publication, an image and the title of a story. Earlier, stories from various publications could only be accessed by tapping the small round Discover icons. One can also simply subscribe to publications in Discover, by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
Another significant change comes with the inclusion of navigation buttons at the bottom of the app screen. The buttons can be used to jump between different app screens with ease.
The new Twitter update also brings ease of navigation to the Android app of the microblogging platform. With the update, Android Tweeps will get a tab bar on top of the app screen. Swiping left and right helps users jump between tabs like Home, Notifications, Messages and more. Swiping to the extreme left will get users to a settings screen, where they can change their display pictures, update profile info, add to lists, and change the app setting.
A floating ‘Compose Tweet’ button has also been added to the bottom right corner of the app. The button remains at that position even when flicking through different tabs, so now users can compose tweets from any app screen.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer